WD's Gamma World IC

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: I don't think we were doing anything, that called for a roll, yet. Even then it probably won't be survival. It was more of a general question, of who will take what role in the party. On another note any suggestions on WD's question?

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Much OOC talk in the IC thread...

Yes the 'roles' were more for later. I don't require survival rolls as long as you are on familiar territory.

About Shade: He sounded more like a scholar, weird guy and lookout and less predatory than Trayce. Sorry, I didn't want to offend you.

So, again. what are your characters doing?

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: I didn't take offense, I was genuinely curious what you saw Shadow doing. Being a scholar is what he wants to do, but I doubt the village would see value in that at this point. As for what we are doing, where is Kinem? Trayce has established herself as a follower, and I as a player don't won't to dominate the game. This doesn't bode well for characters that are seeking positions on the village council does it.

kinem

Adventurer
"I say we detour around the hoppers. No point in tangling with predators that could be in their area when we don't need to, and we don't need the food yet."

Shayuri

First Post
Trayce eyed the hoppers. Even one would set them up nicely for some time, made into jerky. But she didn't want to hunt alone, and the other two had already decided, so...

"I just hope we don't need it later," she commented. "By the time you're hungry, it's too late to hunt."

Beyond that she offered no resistance to the plan to press forward to the Ancients though.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"The problem is we don't have a base camp. This water weighs a ton." Shadow responds.

OOC: Seriously, a week's worth of water weighs 56lbs. Possibly, more for Trayce. This is going by minimum water for a medium size creature is 1 gallon per day. A gallon weighs 8lbs.

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: This is a bit of a meta-gaming, but avoids hard numbers on the distance:
Decide on the length of the detour by choosing a stealth DC between 10 and 20 (below 10 is a real big detour, but requires no skill check). Each member of the group will have to roll against the same DC.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I'd say 10 but what does that mean in terms of delay? Without knowing that it's pretty meaningless to pick a #.

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: I'd say 10 but what does that mean in terms of delay? Without knowing that it's pretty meaningless to pick a #.
OOC: 1 hour without stealth (or DC 10). 1/2 hour DC 15. DC 20 means that nearly no time lost.

If you take a DC below 15, you need to make a survival check to keep your direction.

Remove ads