WD's Gamma World IC

rangerjohn

Explorer
At hearing created, Shadow thinks back to some of the books he's read, something called science fiction, weren't those supposed to be stories to entertain? At least that was the gist he got from the word fiction in other contexts. But then there were books of mutants and disasters, called that too. Looking at the world around him, is anything really impossible? "Created? You mean artificial life of some sort? Like the ancient's robots or clones? I thought those stories, everyone always looked at me weird for reading those books. Well for reading period really."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Believe me, all you read, and more is true. We experienced the machination of the robots ourself. We thought we could do this mission without their knowledge."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Looking to Trayce, "then I wouldn't advice you to follow. In the stories robots are either incredibly strong or have zappers like the chief. Or both, and they are very resistant to damage, in most cases. They do not bleed for instance, at least not as we do."

kinem

Adventurer
"Still, he ran, so either he doesn't want a fight or isn't as tough as all that. But I agree that we shouldn't risk it."

To the newcomers, "What do you know of these robots, and what mission do you speak of?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"We belong to the ... group of like-minded people. We came from the north to look for a facility of the ancients. We are not sure about it's purpose, but it was mostly automated, including an own power source and maintenance. We already feared that the Created, a para-military group of artificial beings, also knew of it. But I had no idea they had planted a spying our small team." Darius explains, regaining his control.

Shayuri

First Post
"So," Trayce said slowly, trying to reason it out, "The man who I couldn't feel...isn't a man at all? And you're going to the place of the Ancients too?" She brightened. That was something she understood. "You're just like us then! Do you want to join your village's Council too?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"'Village council'? To answer your other question first, no it was no man, but a machine posing as one. Our group is very open to artificial life as well, but the Created are not interested in a co-existence with non-artificial beings.
We were looking for this place in search for artifacts of the ancients. We seek to create a new golden age for all to live in harmony in."

Shayuri

First Post
All the talk of machines and artificial life flew over Trayce's head entirely. She did perk up a bit and nod approvingly when the man mentioned living in harmony. That was something she could get behind, though she had no idea what the age of gold had to do with it. Tactfully, she didn't mention it. She was beginning to suspect the man was a bit 'simple' as the villagers sometimes said, and there was no shame in that.

"That's a good goal," she volunteered uncertainly into the silence that descended. "So...you're all going to the ruins too. I suppose there'll be enough at the ruins we can share what we find."

Walking Dad

First Post
"We can surely join forces, if your companions are fine with it. Strength in numbers, you know? We will need it, if the created will attack us."

Remove ads