GenCon Badges - with Name or not with Name, that's the Q.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Has anyone who signed up early for GenCon received a badge yet? Is what they send in the advance mailing the final badge or will it be replaced with a final badge at the convention? Will the badges used this year at GenCon have names printed on them in advance or not (as last year)?

As always,
Mark

www.CreativeMountainGames.com

Coik

First Post
Mixmaster, did the badge come via regular snail mail or one of the shipping companies? I seem to recall seeing something about Fedex on WotC's website whie I was registering...

I honestly have to question the wisdom of sending them out this early, though...you just now that tons of people are gonna misplace the things in the half-year before the con...

EricNoah

Adventurer
Yeah this is the sturdy "real deal" with anti-spoofery device and all. No chain, though!

Man, what a sweet thought ... drive to Milwaukee, park, walk to the center, and ... just go up the frickin' elevator!! No standing in line behind, well, anyone! Woo!

Mark

So the ones we received via FedEx are the final version. No need to stand in line when we arrive and have them replaced by one with our names on them? :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Mark, that would be as stupid as, well.. the fact that I e-filed my taxes for the first time, and had to send THREE forms in three separate envelopes via snail mail (plus my tax check).

WotC would never be that stupid.

Mark

EricNoah said:
Mark, that would be as stupid as, well.. the fact that I e-filed my taxes for the first time, and had to send THREE forms in three separate envelopes via snail mail (plus my tax check).

WotC would never be that stupid.

I'm surprised, given the increase in security in every other aspect of American life, that the simple precaution of names on tags (that could be checked against IDs) wasn't taken. Sure, there's ways around anything, but it seems odd that nothing is being put out that needs to be gotten around. *shrug*

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Mark said:

I'm surprised, given the increase in security in every other aspect of American life, that the simple precaution of names on tags (that could be checked against IDs) wasn't taken. Sure, there's ways around anything, but it seems odd that nothing is being put out that needs to be gotten around. *shrug*

Because we all know that there is nothing the enemies of America would like to do than to strike fear in our hearts by destroying the peaceful all -american passtime of gaming. ;)

Personally, I asked to pick mine up there because I just did not trust it being shipped so early.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I don't think badges are about security, I think they're about money. As long as X number of badges are sold and only X number of people show up, that's all they're worried about, I think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases