Scott DeWar's absence

Scotley

Hero
I have good news! Scott is now awake and the docs hope to have him out of ICU this week. Though he'll still have a long recovery to look forward to, Scott might be back in a week or so.

Thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes.

--GE

Excellent news. This place just hasn't been the same without DeWar to kick around.

GlassEye

Adventurer
A little background here: when David, whom you all know as Scott DeWar (or Tetsubo for those old Mortality.net immigrants), first went into the hospital I thought it was no big deal, that he'd be out in a day or two and have a few weeks recovery at most. Then I was forced to confront that my friend was mortal and that he came very close to dying (in fact the mortality rate is surprisingly high for this; at least, it was a surprise to me). It was rough (though not nearly as rough as what David was himself fighting through!) and scary. So when I got the phonecall Thursday night from a friend saying that he had received a call from David, I was very happy and couldn't wait to get to the hospital.

David was moved out of ICU Friday and I had the privilege of spending several hours with him talking; the first time we've had a chance to talk in nearly seven weeks. He specifically asked me to relay his thanks to you all for all your thoughts and prayers and to post the following video. As you can see, he has a lot of energy!:lol: It's good to have my friend back! However, seven weeks of forced inactivity have taken their toll on his muscles and he is a bit shaky and doesn't have full use of his hands. But he is ready to get at some physical therapy and I know that as soon as he can manage it he's going to be on his laptop and posting here.

Thanks.

-Tony

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QY4gBEldw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]It's David![/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n58TBII8vN0&feature=BFa&list=ULX-QY4gBEldw&lf=mfu_in_order]David's addendum[/ame]

IronWolf

blank
Good news! Sounds energetic enough! I couldn't quite make out the blog link in the video, is that info shareable as well?

Next time you see him, tell him IronWolf sends his well wishes and it just won't do to have Vincenzo hanging out at the Inn drinking all the ale!

Leif

Adventurer
Great news, Glass Eye! Ol' Dave seems mighty feisty considering his situation, and this is a very good thing.

DeWar, I presume that it will not be too awfully long before you manage to get online and check messages yourself. Just so you know, activity for the Whirtlestaff's Wizards pretty much ground to a halt about the time you entered hospital, so you really have not missed anything. The same is basically true for Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" game, though there has been a tiny bit more posting there. We eagerly await your return to full health and, more importantly, FULL D&D!!!

([MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION]'s been on his knees in prayer on Dave's behalf for like ten days straight now. I'm gonna see if I can't pry his butt up from the floor so he can eat a little and take a rest. ;) )

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Indeed. His body may need to be strengthened, but his mind and humor are still as sharp as ever. Hell, *I* nearly cried. I had another friend get t-boned last night by a woman running a redlight, both cars doing in excess of 50 MPH. She was fine and admitted fault, he has burns on his hands from the deployment of the airbags but it otherwise fine, just severely shaken. Miracle he walked away from the accident at all. That Malibu he was driving is now slightly larger than your average old upright arcade machine. It's been a weekend of blessings of life.

Someday I'll get the chance to come back and visit you, Dave, GE and the rest. It's really a blessing how you guys always look out for one another and are always there for each other, even through the worst things. Miss you all.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Scott was much less animated yesterday but still doing well. I imagine the emotional high of being out of ICU, off the respirator and being able to actually speak is wearing off a bit. I'm sure there will be ups and downs throughout his recovery but he has a lot of friends who will visit and help keep his spirits up and he really appreciates hearing that he's been missed here. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to him and I'm sure he'll let you know that himself soon.

Ironwolf, I asked his brother about the blog Scott mentioned but his brother said there isn't a blog, just a few updates on facebook.

Artur, I hope your friend is ok. He still needs to get thoroughly checked out and be cautious over the next few months. And it would be great if you could vacation out here...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases