ZEITGEIST [ZEITGEIST] The Continuing Adventures of Korrigan & Co.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
My idea was that the aboleth and the sahuagin are servants of She Who Writhes, but I might shake all of that up further down the line. (The aboleth don't strike me as the type who worship fey entities.)

gideonpepys

A miniature dormant sun, just needs to be bonded with an atom or two. It can be ignited and replace the dying star at the center of the solar system. "Icy End of the Earth" actually refers to the death of the current sun. Perhaps the aboleth/sahuagin once used the Stone of Not as a power source, not having access to the sun in the deep trenches.

Great idea. Consider it purloined. Thanks!

Bearing in mind that this is something over a year away, the idea is:

[sblock]When the Ob open the Axis Seal, things don't go quite as they'd hoped, so they don't get to finish their movement of the multiverse. In particular, the planet ends up without a sun, lit only by a hazy nebula. Something like this: Starry Night Photography - Gum Nebula

I might tweak it so the sun just ends up dramatically dimmer, enough to keep the world from dying immediately, but rapidly plunging the world into an icy doom.[/sblock]

gideonpepys

So would this 'portable sun' would be of use! But, presumably, it might cause my party to sidestep whatever challenges you intend?

I guess I'll let the story develop and decide on the possible ramifications close to the time.

Depends on if you want to have the 'stone of not' to be fragment of a lost sun, which was drawn into the gyre at the center of a planar maelstrom, where worlds are ground to dust.

The plan of the penultimate adventure (#12) is to have the party travel there to find worlds of various elements. Since in #13 they're supposed to go back to Axis Island, finagle with the ritual, and link this world to a system of other worlds. The Ob do it in #9, and thus alter reality in their own favor; in #13, the PCs can switch it back or change it to something new, but to do that they have to explore the graveyard of the planes in #12.

gideonpepys

Session 23

Got a bit behind with my session reports, but then I figure folks will be slightly less interested in our 'buffer sessions' than they are accounts of the Zeitgeist adventures proper. (And this thread got very productively hijacked by a funky three-way ideas ‘jam’ which has given me all kinds of material for subplots and character development later in the campaign.)

Just to quickly recap: the unit (now consisting of Marshal Baldrey Korrigan; deep faen assassin Uru Scathaig Ciotog; dwarven fruit loop Rumdoom Kagan; and tiefling renegade Leon Vailleux) have been assigned to investigate a troublesome tribe of lizardmen to the east of Saltmarsh (a small fishing village near Flint). Assisting them in this task is the druid Oolsholeel, an aquatic elf, who petitioned for their aid; and a belligerent emissary of the Unseen Court – the arrogant pixie Azure Lord Blackthorn. The Saltmarsh town council have also lent them a boat and two marines (brothers Tom and Will Stoutly).

At the end of our last session, the unit were debating how to approach the lizardman lair. There were three potential entrances: one heavily guarded main entrance; a rear cave filled with mud and crocodiles; and an underwater cavern.

The unit talked for so long that Blackthorn got fed up and set off down the beach to ‘talk to these savages’ (at full tilt, with his war pick drawn). Reluctantly, the unit ran after him, drawing fire from the musket-wielding lizardmen.

Uru reappeared, having ‘gone feral’ in the swamp and took out some of the lizardfolk riflemen. His recent brush with death meant he had decided to undertake a tribal ritual whereby he had hunted down and killed various inhabitants of the swamp, severed and dried certain parts of their anatomy and affixed them to his blowpipe. (He calls them his ‘tadpoles’.) Korrigan was annoyed that he has disappeared without communicating, but glad to see Uru unharmed.

Blackthorn liked the cut of Uru’s jib, having never met a real deep fey before. (Uru’s player and I have decided that deep fey inhabit a part of the world where the Dreaming and the Bleak Gate meet. The Dreaming Bleak Gate if you will. So they are very rare and elusive.) He kept referring to him as ‘my jungle friend’.

The initial battle went well for the unit, and they slew all of the lizardfolk guards, but Blackthorn proved an even greater liability then first feared, by plunging straight into the lair without waiting for them to regroup. A second fight ensued with more lizard men, this one turning out to be a little more difficult.

The session ended with the unit securing the entrance, while Korrigan gave Blackthorn a futile dressing down and warned him to be more careful. (He had been dropped three times, and required all of the unit’s healing resources.) But Blackthorn was revelling in the glory of it all and did not appear to pay much heed.

More to follow shortly...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases