A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I figure no ACP to Stealth for the ambushing party, in fact they can Take 10 on whatever roll. We can assume that Sh'aah or Greggory helped them set it up - a Survival check or Knowledge (tactics) etc. could also be used to determine optimum terrain.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Since there is no such skill as Knowledge (Tactics) , I am going to suggest a Take 10 result of 16 for my Profession (Soldier) . Whether that can be interpreted as the primary roll or a kind of Aid Another is up to you.[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
Greggory sprints through the woods, following Sha'aah's instructions

RUN! Run you dogs! The beasts will have your liver for lunch if you slow down!

OOC: Acrobat check for my own passage through the woods
Intimidation check to urge the penal soldiers on

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah plunged on through the undergrowth, using his size to batter aside (or through) anything in the way like a juggernaught. He could hear the sounds of the pursuing beastmen - far enough away to be safe but close enough to punish any mistakes. He left cajoling the soldiers to Greggory - they probably wouldn't listen to him anyway - and concentrated on the ground.

Watching the terrain roll past was the easiest way to keep track of their twists and turns. The scrubby woodlands were giving way to rockier and hillier ground that was cross-cut with gullies and drainage lines. Good ground for an ambush, but easy to slip and roll an ankle on loose stones. Easy to get lost, too...

Leading the troop down into a gulley, he shouted "Go left soon. Be ready!" as the ambush point came into view. He hoped the beastmen would follow them into the gulley and not stay on the high ground - it would be easier to kill them if they were hemmed in and had to fight up-slope to get out.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian tries his best to set a good example of patience and fortitude, but finds himself shifting unintentionally as the wait lengthens, his armor clattering slightly with the motion. He falls still again, looking sheepish.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata fidgets uncomfortably behind the foliage as she waits, hoping that the placement of the troops by the far more wood-savvy Sh'aah and Sergeant would be sufficient to fool a pack of angry charging beastmen. Fortunately, while she has little skill in stealth, she at least knows when and how to remain quiet...and her clothes make no noise when she shifts position.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The beastmen take the bait, following hot on the heels of Sh'aah, Greggory and the Penal Legion. As the bait team arrive at the ambush point, however, the beastmen pull up short, snorting and sniffing suspiciously, uttering barks and grunts in their guttural tongue.

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian swears under his breath.

"I think we've been caught, milady," he whispers. "We may have to charge and hope to catch them before they report back."

Kaodi

Hero
Brother Comoray puts his hand on his shield and intones, " Lady Magnificient, please smile on us as we go forth into glorious battle. Fill our hearts with your divine fire, and we will win this day for you. " As the priest finishes the words of the blessing, all feel their hearts warmed by purpose and resolve.

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Somehow got messed up with a double post, but no matter. I cast bless, which affects all allies in a 50 ft. burst centered on Comoray.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases