A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dewey and Nerfer jump to help Bastian, offering all sorts of advice that appears helpful. Wagon swallows the money, and it ratttles down somewhere inside the depths of the vehicle.

Meanwhile...

[sblock=Secret Meeting]
"Welll...," Ryal glances sideways at Sh'aah. "We can offer the services of a guide who knows the area. Any of your party speak Dwarven? I think we can probably rustle up a translator - they can speak the Common tongue, of course, but dwarves always look more favourably on those who at least try to speak their language.

"My Lady, we should probably return to your men before that young knight thinks I've murdered you. If you'll take one more piece of advice, send envoys to Last Ferry, let them know that the keep will protect them again."

[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

[sblock=Secret Meeting]
Sh'aah shrugs as Ryal volunteers him. "Dwarfs do not make me welcome. Easy to find dwarf house though. And I be hard to kill. We go soon." the last sentence sounding almost like a question.

Turning to leave the building he caught sight of Cassie lurking around the door. "Why you come? You say nothing?" he asks, fixing her with a stare.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Secret Meeting]
Cassie returns Sh'aah's stare.

"Someone's got to make sure the Lady Arcata is safe, green-boy" she replies.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah laughed at Cassie. "You keep her safe from sky then..." Still silently laughing the half orc walked passed Cassie and headed back outside toward the wagon. Still need a knife. Stupid leaving without it.

Shayuri

First Post
"Last Ferry," Arcata repeats. She nods slowly. More than just food and water and mortar, the keep needed people. She had no idea if anyone else was coming from the civilized lands, but they might be able to recruit some young men and their families with promises of work, and that their homes would be protected. "Sh'aah will know the way, I'm sure. Thank you. As for the dwarven tongue...I'll ask Greggory and Bastian. They know their men."

She gives Cassie a wry look. "I apologize," she says to Ryal. "We're still rough around the edges here. When you come next time, you will find a house in order, not a keep freshly taken."

"Now, lets to the business of business."

Outside she gives Cassie a pat on the arm as she passes and heads back to the cart.

"How goes the purchasing?" Arcata asks, in high spirits. "I see no blood on the ground, which seems like a good beginning."

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian pats the former farmers on the back as Arcata arrives.

"With a little help from the men, I think we have at least the start of some farming," he says by way of congratulations and thanks for their aid. Then his eyebrow raises as he jerks his thumb behind him.

"Also, apparently carts talk here," he adds.

Kaodi

Hero
"I have the important things I was looking for," says Comoray. "Unfortunately two sets of tools will only be enough to get a full working schedule for four men, but that will have to do for now."

Comoray scratches his head. The crusader feels like he has been forgetting something... Ah! "Would you be able to take any beastman equipment off our hands, if we cleaned it up a bit, or are we going to have to offer it to the dwarves?" he asks.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata comes over to the wagon, eying it curiously.

"It...talks?" she asks. "That's impressive magic for a traveling peddler here on the edge of civilization. Brother, I have some funds I was saving for just such a purpose. Let me see what you're getting and I'll add my coin to yours."

"Also, Bastian? Greggory? Do you have anyone who can speak the Dwarven tongue?"

Kaodi

Hero
"I had enough coin on hand for a set of woodworking tools and a set of stoneworking tools," says Brother Comoray. "They will be invaluable for making repairs to the fort and the buildings. That is enough for four men working in two shifts. Given our limited numbers though, I do not know how many men beyond that you wish to spare for building and repairs. If we must, one more of each set of tools would probably be enough to tide us over until we gain access to more resources."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases