A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival - Page 11




What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    My communities:

    OOC

    I figure no ACP to Stealth for the ambushing party, in fact they can Take 10 on whatever roll. We can assume that Sh'aah or Greggory helped them set it up - a Survival check or Knowledge (tactics) etc. could also be used to determine optimum terrain.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    Since there is no such skill as Knowledge (Tactics) , I am going to suggest a Take 10 result of 16 for my Profession (Soldier) . Whether that can be interpreted as the primary roll or a kind of Aid Another is up to you.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #103
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    ahayford's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    795

    Ignore ahayford
    Greggory sprints through the woods, following Sha'aah's instructions

    RUN! Run you dogs! The beasts will have your liver for lunch if you slow down!

    OOC: Acrobat check for my own passage through the woods
    Intimidation check to urge the penal soldiers on

  • #104
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,295
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Sh'aah

    Sh'aah plunged on through the undergrowth, using his size to batter aside (or through) anything in the way like a juggernaught. He could hear the sounds of the pursuing beastmen - far enough away to be safe but close enough to punish any mistakes. He left cajoling the soldiers to Greggory - they probably wouldn't listen to him anyway - and concentrated on the ground.

    Watching the terrain roll past was the easiest way to keep track of their twists and turns. The scrubby woodlands were giving way to rockier and hillier ground that was cross-cut with gullies and drainage lines. Good ground for an ambush, but easy to slip and roll an ankle on loose stones. Easy to get lost, too...

    Leading the troop down into a gulley, he shouted "Go left soon. Be ready!"as the ambush point came into view. He hoped the beastmen would follow them into the gulley and not stay on the high ground - it would be easier to kill them if they were hemmed in and had to fight up-slope to get out.
    Last edited by Axel; Thursday, 9th February, 2012 at 05:14 AM.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,871

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Bastian tries his best to set a good example of patience and fortitude, but finds himself shifting unintentionally as the wait lengthens, his armor clattering slightly with the motion. He falls still again, looking sheepish.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,756
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Arcata fidgets uncomfortably behind the foliage as she waits, hoping that the placement of the troops by the far more wood-savvy Sh'aah and Sergeant would be sufficient to fool a pack of angry charging beastmen. Fortunately, while she has little skill in stealth, she at least knows when and how to remain quiet...and her clothes make no noise when she shifts position.
    Last edited by Shayuri; Sunday, 12th February, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

  • #107
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    My communities:

    The beastmen take the bait, following hot on the heels of Sh'aah, Greggory and the Penal Legion. As the bait team arrive at the ambush point, however, the beastmen pull up short, snorting and sniffing suspiciously, uttering barks and grunts in their guttural tongue.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #108
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,871

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Bastian swears under his breath.

    "I think we've been caught, milady," he whispers. "We may have to charge and hope to catch them before they report back."

  • #109
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Brother Comoray puts his hand on his shield and intones, " Lady Magnificient, please smile on us as we go forth into glorious battle. Fill our hearts with your divine fire, and we will win this day for you. " As the priest finishes the words of the blessing, all feel their hearts warmed by purpose and resolve.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #110
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    Somehow got messed up with a double post, but no matter. I cast bless, which affects all allies in a 50 ft. burst centered on Comoray.
    Last edited by Kaodi; Monday, 20th February, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Gamer Arrival
      By KB9JMQ in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Friday, 21st October, 2005, 04:24 PM
    2. Early Arrival of Dungeon #128
      By Waylander the Slayer in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 7th October, 2005, 03:31 PM
    3. New Arrival.
      By C. Baize in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd April, 2004, 04:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •