A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Shayuri

First Post
"It'll have to do," Arcata mutters. "What I wouldn't give for just a little cavalry to cut them off...but this is the hand we were dealt."

She nods at Bastian. "Give the order. Archers forward with footmen staying under cover nearby...we won't be able to outrun them if they start to flee...but if they think all we have are archers they might charge."

It was a faint, forlorn hope compared to what the ambush had been, but it was better than nothing.

ahayford

First Post
Greggory curses under his breath as he sees the beastmen stop short.

One last chance.....Maybe I can goad the beastmen into ignoring their noses if they think their quarry is routed....

Greggory musters up the best terrified scream he can manage.
Run you fools, the beastmen will surely kill us all!

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah had been in the process of sizing up the range for a spear throw when Greggory shouted and screamed about running more. Enough running. Must make them angry again first.

Hefting his huge spear over his right shoulder Sh'aah hurls it at the closest beastman from a standing position before glancing back and shuffling after Greggory. He was the closest of the group to the beastmen now, but that was right where he wanted to be. The half-orc reached for the comforting weight of his double axe. Time for killing soon...

OOC: No idea what the range is (spear is increment 20'), or the beastman's AC. My attack roll is just for Sh'aah's BAB and Dex...no consideration of Bless or range.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Some of the beastmen begin to move forwards after Greggory and his men. Then Sh'aah's spear catches on in the chest and hurls it backwards, dead.

With an enraged chorus of grunts and howls the beastmen surge into the gully.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative time! Those waiting in ambush get a +2 bonus to initiative but no surprise round.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian despairs, until Sha'ah and Greggory between them manage to provoke the final surge.

"Excellent! All right, people, pincer like we talked about. Get 'em between you and you expose the soft spots!" he calls out, spurring Bulwark to action.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative (ambush) (1d20+3=21)

Standard Action: Tactician ability. For the next 4 rounds, all allies within 30' feat of Bastian gain the benefit of the Precise Strike teamwork feat (+1d6 damage on melee attacks when flanking with another Precise Striker, which they all are for the next 4 rounds. :) )

Free Action / Move action: Handle Bulwark to enter the fray[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
Greggory spots the ambush position and wheels his men around to hit the flank of the formation while the Lady's men strike the charging beastmen head on.

Sha'aah you magnificent bastard we made it....this might actually work....

Greggory draws the two officer's blades kept in fine leather sheaths on his belt. The pilfered steel once belonged to exiled noblemen sent to command the penal legion out in this god forsaken land. The fine steel flashed in the sunlight.

Its about time you tasted real combat my pretties...No longer do you have to resign yourselves to cutting the meat and kindling of some self entitled lordling.

Flank right, draw steel and engage!

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Amongst all the shouting of orders and battle cries Sh'aah was completely lost. The first spray of arterial viscera sent a surge of adrenaline to his tired muscles. His orcish genes took over, and bloodlust conquered his ability to think clearly. Gripping his double-axe firmly Sh'aah ran straight at the charging beastmen, surging forward like a monstrous force and bellowing at the top of his lungs.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata's heart leapt as the beastmen surged into the trap after all. She hurriedly rammed back the catch of her crossbow and dropped a bolt into the slot on top. She wanted to save as much magic as possible for the fortress assault. Besides, few things attracted the wrong kind of attention on a battlefield more than casting spells willy-nilly.

Scamp emitted a trilling, questioning noise, and Arcata smiled affectionately. "No. Find somewhere to hide for now." The chicken-sized lizard scuttled into the underbrush and was gone.

With that, Arcata went to war.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Ninja'd!

Initiative is as follows:
Bastion
Dulat troops 1-5 and 11-15
Sh'aah
Arcata
Cormoray
Dulat troops 6-10 and 16-20
Beastmen
Greggory
Penal Legion

I'm basing troop initiative off the person commanding them, assuming that on the left of the gully it's Bastion and on the right it's Cormoray, with Greg in charge of the penal legion.

Arcata ordered the archers forwards first, which I've assumed are 1-10, with 11-20 the infantry.

Bless and Tactician effect zones are shown - effectively all of Cormoray's troops are blessed, all of Bastion's have Precise Strike.

Numbers are just small enough to use the normal combat system, up to you if you want to roll for the soldiers or let me do it.

Hopefully contour lines (5ft height) are visible. Green splodges show undergrowth, assume difficult terrain for movement purposes and concealment for anyone prone.

Edit: That grid's gone completely screwy. Funny, it's fine on my computer.

Attachments

• Ambush 1.jpg
    Ambush 1.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases