A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Dr Simon

Explorer
The lone beastman on Comoray's side of the gully is cut down by a hail of arrows. On Bastion's side, the last two beastmen turn to run, and are slain by the Dulat troops around them.

Thirteen beastmen down, at the cost of three injured troops, and no-one to take word back to the keep.

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray say a prayer to stop the bleeding of the two other fallen soldiers, then beckons the other men to bring them together, along with any other man that has been injured. Standing over them, the cleric says a prayer to his goddess and releases a wave of healing energy to mend their wounds.

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian drops from Bulwark's back as the battle ends, wiping the gore from his blade on the fur of one of the fallen beastmen. Seeing that Cormoray has the first aid well in hand, he makes his way directly back to Arcata.

"You're unharmed, I trust?" he says, raising an eyebrow. Once he's satisfied himself that his charge is well, he turns back to the carnage.

"That went better than I thought it might," he says. "Though clearly the men are going to need some archery practice.

"I think we should clear the scene as quickly as possible. I don't know how long it will take for the beastmen to realize their people aren't returning, and I don't imagine our 'bait' had time to hide their trail.

"Actually, if we're really lucky, we may catch their reinforcements in the same pincer, though I'm not sure I trust fate to throw us that bone."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata nods, and takes the quarrel off her crossbow so she could harmlessly trigger it.

"I could use some lessons myself," she says wryly, "I wasn't much help in this fight. I thought I'd save my magic for the castle assault...but with wounded that might have to wait anyway."

She sighs. "That'll teach me to be stingy with spells. And yes, I'm fine. Thanks. See to the men. We'll need to work out our next step. By Shah's estimate, we've come close to even in strength, but they still control the fort. Still...this was a major victory, and gives us real hope of taking it back."

With a nod, she goes to check in with the Brother and Sergeant and see how it went with them.

Kaodi

Hero
Once he has finished tending to the mens' wounds, Brother Comoray steps over to join the council.

" I think a certain amount of stingyness is well advised, " says the priest. " We did manage to use up a bit of ammunition that might have been better saved for trying to pick off beastmen sentries at range. "

Looking over the carnage for a moment, he adds, " If taking the walls is still too risky we could try to wait them out. I can only imagine beastmen must be voracious eaters. Who knows if they could last more than a few days without being able to go hunting? "

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah was feeling the effects of adrenaline leaving his system. With a slight shake in his hand, he cleaned the heads of his double-axe and retrieved the spear that started the whole fight - checking the head for sharpness.

With nothing further to do until the smart people figured out what they wanted, the half-orc started pulling weapons and valuable possessions off the corpses into a small pile.

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Sh'aah strips the beastmen, he finds that they are mostly wearing crude leather armour made from badly stitched skins from a wide range of animals. and are armd with spears and axes mostly made from flint, bone or fire-hardened wood. A few, however, have better equipment with metal blades, some bearing the emblem of the fort. Even this, though, is in a poor state of repair.

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah makes a separate pile of spears from metal weapons, the beginnings of an idea slowly percolating through his brain. He then re-draws his axe and proceeds to decapitate each and every corpse without ceremony, or particular relish.

As he finishes, he cleans his hands and weapon on a scrap of cloth and strides over to the knot of leaders who were standing around, dithering.

"You have plan for tomorrow?" he asks.

Kaodi

Hero
" Tomorrow? " asks Comoray. " I thought it was to rest and relax after crushing the remaining beastmen today. "

Looking over the pile of gear that Sh'aah has assembled, the priest remarks, " It is too bad that we do not have anyone with us capable of a mending ritual. I suppose we will have to repair it the hard way. "

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah grins at Brother Comoray's statement, almost showing the two shortened tusks that are his lower incisors. "Is good plan. We go now then?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases