A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival - Page 19




  1. #181
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    Given what I said before, there are twenty four soldiers, Bastian, Greggory and Comoray, with seven of those through, so I imagine Comoray will be the ninth trough overall.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

 

  • #182
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,809

    Ignore jkason
    As the soldiers up ahead stiffen, Bastian finds himself coming up short, taking too long to read their body language.

    [sblock=ooc]Bastian should be around the same place as Cormoroy, so probably just about ready to enter but not yet there. His intent as stated before is to have men clear the rubble to allow folks to come in two-at-a-time now that we've been discovered.
    Last edited by jkason; Monday, 9th April, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

  • #183
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,274
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Sh'aah

    Unsure of the progress of the soldiers, and absent any specific instructions, Sh'aah moves a short distance from where he last sounded the horn and blows it again. If soldiers not hear it before, maybe they hear now.

  • #184
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    ahayford's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    795

    Ignore ahayford
    ooc
    Greggory would be up front with the first group coming through.
    Last edited by ahayford; Friday, 13th April, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

  • #185
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Greggory and six of the Dulat troops are through the breech and among the outbuildings. Brother Comoray and Bastion are leading the next group through. Five beastmen spot the intruders and stand, open-mouthed, like cattle.

    OOC

    Thanks for your patience, let's get this party started.
    Regarding the outbuildings, they are in a state of disrepair generally but before it was taken the keep had a range of the typical facilities. You can help decide what they are/where - there's no specific key.
    The keep itself isn't completed, only the first storey of stone is laid and it's surrounded by scaffolding.
    Other beastmen are mainly on the far side of the keep. The other soldiers obviously aren't lined up quite like that! I'm assuming groups of four led by a crow each for subsequent moves.

    Initiative:
    Comoray
    Dulat Troops (1-6)
    Greggory
    Bastian
    Beastmen (1-5)

    PS I didn't draw the map, I found it online. Ignore the western entrance - the only "official" way in is the one to the south.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keep 1.jpg  
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #186
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    " Velshionne, please smile upon your servants in our hour of need, " intones Brother Comoray as he traces the air with the symbol of the Lady Magnificient and gives a blessing. Taking a step forward to open up room for the other men to stream through, he then grabs hold of some of the debris blocking the opening to clear it away.

    OOC
    Cast bless, 5' step between 5 and 6, and then a move action to contribute to opening the space.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #187
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,809

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Remind me never to use the Enworld roller for multiples. Pain in the butt to have to add four of the same roll instead of IC's feature to just roll four times.


    The Dulat soldiers act as their training and orders lead them. The front foursome of soldiers charge what beastmen they can, with varying degrees of success. Meanwhile, those two soldiers flanking Cormoroy set to clearing out the opening to let their comrades through more quickly.

    actions
    1 & 2 will charge Beastman 1 (ending up in the two squares north of him), 3 will charge 2, and 4 charges 3. I think only two soldiers hit, but I don't remember Beastman AC.

    5 and 6 will take the full round they need to open the breach for two-abreast entry.
    Last edited by jkason; Monday, 16th April, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

  • #188
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    ahayford's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    795

    Ignore ahayford
    Greggory charges into battle with the Dulat soldiers. He quickly spots a soldier engaged with a beastmen and tries to flank the beast, striking with a single stab with his short sword.

    ooc
    +1 damage for flank attack (if able to flank) x2 for critical
    Last edited by ahayford; Thursday, 19th April, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

  • #189
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    The first two Dulat troops take on one beastman between them but it's a wily creature, fending off their probing strikes. It's not god enough, though to hold off two opponents at once without getting a wound to its weapon arm. The third trooper has similar problems against his opponent, failing to land a telling strike. The fourth charges in and cuts down the fourth beastman, a pig-faced creature, in a spray of blood. And then Greggory darts between the troops and deftly guts another, one with a head like a horned dog.

    Two beastmen lie dead, the third wounded and the last still standing as Bastian enters the breach widened by Comoray and two Dulat soldiers.

    Meanwhile, beastmen begin to emerge from buildings, looking about them in the mist. They are confused by the sounds of the horn from one direction and fighting from another.

    OOC

    Beastman AC is 13, also 13 flat-footed.

    Beastman #1 is wounded
    Beastman #2 is dead (I was unable to move Greg to a flank so I gave him the unnopposed beastman which he killed with the crit anyway.)
    Beastman #3 is uninjured.
    Beastman #4 is dead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keep 2.jpg  
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #190
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    The initial beastmen that are still standing did not take their actions or just did not attack succesfully?
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Gamer Arrival
      By KB9JMQ in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Friday, 21st October, 2005, 04:24 PM
    2. Early Arrival of Dungeon #128
      By Waylander the Slayer in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 7th October, 2005, 03:31 PM
    3. New Arrival.
      By C. Baize in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd April, 2004, 04:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •