A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Given what I said before, there are twenty four soldiers, Bastian, Greggory and Comoray, with seven of those through, so I imagine Comoray will be the ninth trough overall.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
As the soldiers up ahead stiffen, Bastian finds himself coming up short, taking too long to read their body language.

[sblock=ooc]Bastian should be around the same place as Cormoroy, so probably just about ready to enter but not yet there. His intent as stated before is to have men clear the rubble to allow folks to come in two-at-a-time now that we've been discovered.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Unsure of the progress of the soldiers, and absent any specific instructions, Sh'aah moves a short distance from where he last sounded the horn and blows it again. If soldiers not hear it before, maybe they hear now.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Greggory and six of the Dulat troops are through the breech and among the outbuildings. Brother Comoray and Bastion are leading the next group through. Five beastmen spot the intruders and stand, open-mouthed, like cattle.

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for your patience, let's get this party started.
Regarding the outbuildings, they are in a state of disrepair generally but before it was taken the keep had a range of the typical facilities. You can help decide what they are/where - there's no specific key.
The keep itself isn't completed, only the first storey of stone is laid and it's surrounded by scaffolding.
Other beastmen are mainly on the far side of the keep. The other soldiers obviously aren't lined up quite like that! I'm assuming groups of four led by a crow each for subsequent moves.

Initiative:
Comoray
Dulat Troops (1-6)
Greggory
Bastian
Beastmen (1-5)

PS I didn't draw the map, I found it online. Ignore the western entrance - the only "official" way in is the one to the south.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Keep 1.jpg
    Keep 1.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 66

Kaodi

Hero
" Velshionne, please smile upon your servants in our hour of need, " intones Brother Comoray as he traces the air with the symbol of the Lady Magnificient and gives a blessing. Taking a step forward to open up room for the other men to stream through, he then grabs hold of some of the debris blocking the opening to clear it away.

[sblock=OOC]Cast bless, 5' step between 5 and 6, and then a move action to contribute to opening the space.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Remind me never to use the Enworld roller for multiples. Pain in the butt to have to add four of the same roll instead of IC's feature to just roll four times.[/sblock]

The Dulat soldiers act as their training and orders lead them. The front foursome of soldiers charge what beastmen they can, with varying degrees of success. Meanwhile, those two soldiers flanking Cormoroy set to clearing out the opening to let their comrades through more quickly.

[sblock=actions]1 & 2 will charge Beastman 1 (ending up in the two squares north of him), 3 will charge 2, and 4 charges 3. I think only two soldiers hit, but I don't remember Beastman AC.

5 and 6 will take the full round they need to open the breach for two-abreast entry.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
Greggory charges into battle with the Dulat soldiers. He quickly spots a soldier engaged with a beastmen and tries to flank the beast, striking with a single stab with his short sword.

[sblock=ooc]+1 damage for flank attack (if able to flank) x2 for critical[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The first two Dulat troops take on one beastman between them but it's a wily creature, fending off their probing strikes. It's not god enough, though to hold off two opponents at once without getting a wound to its weapon arm. The third trooper has similar problems against his opponent, failing to land a telling strike. The fourth charges in and cuts down the fourth beastman, a pig-faced creature, in a spray of blood. And then Greggory darts between the troops and deftly guts another, one with a head like a horned dog.

Two beastmen lie dead, the third wounded and the last still standing as Bastian enters the breach widened by Comoray and two Dulat soldiers.

Meanwhile, beastmen begin to emerge from buildings, looking about them in the mist. They are confused by the sounds of the horn from one direction and fighting from another.

[sblock=OOC]
Beastman AC is 13, also 13 flat-footed.

Beastman #1 is wounded
Beastman #2 is dead (I was unable to move Greg to a flank so I gave him the unnopposed beastman which he killed with the crit anyway.)
Beastman #3 is uninjured.
Beastman #4 is dead.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Keep 2.jpg
    Keep 2.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 54

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]The initial beastmen that are still standing did not take their actions or just did not attack succesfully?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases