A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

OOC: Sorry, got myself a bit confuzzled acting for two initiatives and didn't realize Bastian was up. rolling now, will update shortly...

ETA:

The way finally cleared, Bastian nudges Bulwark forward toward the uninjured orc. The uneven ground makes his greatsword swing far less precise than he would like, but the better angle he has from Bulwark's back makes it enough, as the cavalier's sword digs deep into the orc's shoulder. He sets his foot to dislodge the blade, sending the enemy body crumpling to the ground, and turns his attention toward the remaining enemy.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata took breath, held it, and let it out. Her stomach was a knot. She had no idea how the attack was going. The guards on the walls hadn't started to leave yet though, and that was probably a good thing. But she'd need more than just lights and a horn to hold their attention.

"It's almost time to go join the others," she murmurs to Sha'ah. "And you're right...it'll be better if you're on your own horse. I'd thought to use it in the diversion, but I think I was making things too complicated that way. Go ahead and get back on...I'll give them one last thing to keep them busy, then we'll head around through the mist to the back and join the fight."

She looked away from the mist-shrouded fort back to the guide who had brought them so far, and was now helping so much. "Ready?"

With his approval, she cast one more light spell...but this time instead of making a spray of bright points, the light coalesced into a roughly humanoid shape outlined in eerie, cold blue flame. This she sent out of the fog bank into plain view.

"One last horn blow...then we'll have to be gone," she said.

[sblock=OOC note] Plan is to fire a magic missile -through- the 'ghost' image (made with Dancing Lights...you can actually do that with this spell, I love it :)), so it looks like the figure has attacked. This will happen just after the horn sounds one last time...then we'll hightail it under cover of mist to rejoin the breach. Sound good Sha'ah?[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah nodded his approval. Missing out on a big fight was not fun. Still, he did as was bid by the lady and blew the ugly little horn one more time.

He turned, and caught sight of the eerie figure. Muscles bunched and Sh'aah's hands tightened on the reins, his heart rate increasing quickly. Looks like faery magic. Maybe all magic is like faery magic...looks unnatural.

Without another glance at the glowing figure he began to move around where the keep should be, keeping between the keep and Arcata.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Bastian rides in and cuts down another of the beastmen, a goat-like creature with one cloven hoof and one human-like foot. The remaining beastman slams its axe into one of the Dulat soldiers, knocking him down, and lets out a gurgling bellow of triumph.

From elsewhere in the keep, other beastmen begin to converge on the breach. A group of three emerge from a nearby building. A group led by a large beastman, a Skurg, emerge from the half-built tower, and a couple more come from elsewhere in the mist to join them.

[sblock=OOC]
Beastman #1, the onlty one of the original group left standing, attacks Dulat #1, hits for 9 damage.

The larger "1" is the Skurg (basically a large-sized beastman).
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Keep 3.jpg
    Keep 3.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 59

Kaodi

Hero
Brother Comoray, seeing that he has little room to join the fray at this moment, moves forward as he draws his sword, and says a prayer to staunch the bleeding of the fallen Dulat soldier.

[sblock=OOC]Comoray moves left one and down three, draws his sword, and casts stabilize.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"Leave the big one for me, boys!" Bastian calls out, his courage soaring in the success of the initial surge. Dulat soldiers stream in from the breach as the first wave charge forward.

[sblock=ooc]I don't really have time to do all the rolls and attack assignments right now. If you you want to do it, DS, that's more than fine with me. Basically, Bastian's ordering the soldiers to continue attacking. Charging as they can, since I don't think flanks will be possible in most cases. He just wants them to try to stear clear of the big guy to leave himself a charge lane open on him.[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Are there any structures nearby that look like they could provide cover for archers? I'm looking for a place to set up a foothold and provide cover for the remaining troops pouring through the breach. I'm not sure any of our archers have come through as of yet, but I'd like to try and hold the line at a point that isn't to far ahead of the pack. [/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The first Dulat troopers through move forwards and take up defensive positions, ready for the beastmen (although there are but three against ten or more) whilst the rest of the attackers continue to surge through the breach.

[sblock=OOC]
I've moved everyone forwards, assuming D2-4 are readying an attack against the first beastman to approach, since they can't reach the defenders themselves, especially whilst avoiding the skurg.

As far as defensive positions go, there are steps up onto the ramparts to wither side of the breach, which will give the advantage of height but no cover. The building to the left of the incursion has a low fence around it (presumably it was once a livestock corral) whihc would provide a slight measure of cover. Your other options would be the corners of buildings.

We can run it as before that D11-20 are the archers, but feel free to change the disposition of the troops from what I've drawn up if you like.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Keep 4.jpg
    Keep 4.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 61

ahayford

First Post
Our line is too spread out...it will not hold. We must advance or fallback.

Greggory shouts to the soldiers ahead.

Hold your position men! Ready your blades. Let the beasts come to you.

Greggory grabs who he can that is nearby.

Advance! Get that line solid! Archers, get in position! I want that beast in the mud before he touches a man

Greggory wipes the blood and gore from his blade, then advances with the men, making sure to leave a path for the mounted knight.

[sblock] Greggory attempts to order the men 2,3,4 ahead to ready an attack if the beastmen threaten their position, rather then advance further. He will move forward to join the line, dragging whoever is near with him. If any beastman is in range he will attack, otherwise readying an attack should any beast come in range.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases