A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]I just noticed this because I was making a comparison for the sake of some hypothetical future soldiers from Comoray's Order, but it appears all of our soldiers are missing the +2 to an ability score they get from being human. They might be eligible for favoured class bonuses too.

Edit: Oops... Now that I look closer, I guess the stats for them in the RG were never Pathfinderized?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: You're right, I think they got revised skills and CMB/CMD but are not fully compatible. I'll check on the rest. I don't think it's made a difference to success or failure so far - all misses have been way off and all hits solid, none that a missing +1 would have really affected.

Meanwhile, I think it's Greggory's turn.

If people are having trouble with the mass combat, by the way, feel free to just give general orders and I'll fill in the rest.

ahayford

First Post
Greggory points his blade at the beastmen's leader

FORWARD MEN. Take the beast down and the whelps will break.

Greggory urges the line forward ordering the men to catch up with Bastion's charge.

[sblock=Action]
Greggory moves NE of beastman 6 and attacks with his main hand blade
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah reigned his horse in as they approached the rear of the soldiers, drawing a sharp breath beneath his teeth as more fairy magic flashed past him. How to get to the front? I want to kill the big ones! His eyes roved over the battlefield, not seeing a path.

Grunting in frustration, he turned and glanced to the sides and above. Should watch for ambushes. That would be very bad. Must keep the lady alive. Even if she is half fairy.

[sblock=ooc]
Active observation of the flanks (parapets) and rear. Nothing else to do until we clear this logjam of people.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

"That's it, men! Keep pressing the advantage! Clear the entry for our reinforcements!" Bastian calls out, encouraging those entering the keep to move forward as quickly as possible, and the men near him to continue their surge. The Skurg's blow rattles him, and forces Bulwark to shuffle a few steps to maintain position.

"And you?" he says to the Skurg, his smile full of menace. "Looks like you were wanting more of the same?" he finishes, greatsword cleaving another wound into the creature.

[sblock=actions]Had a brain fart, and left in the charge modifier, which clearly isn't relevant any more. Attack should be a 19, then, but I think that still hits, so no harm, no foul:

Charge Bless High Ground Power Attack Greatsword; Damage w/ Power Attack. (1d20+10=21, 2d6+6=11)

Same orders next round for the troops: move in to make room for folks entering. Archers focus on un-engaged beastmen, melee fighters try to close and flank with the normal-sized beastmen as possible.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gregg trades blows with the beastman before him, neither combatant landing a telling strike. Gregg is too nimble, evading everything that the beastman launches at him, but fighting in close quarters with the Dulat troops hampers his ability to counterstrike effectively. Janson moves up behind, bringing more Dulat troops with him and driving his spear through the beastman before him.

Bastian's greatsword slices through the rough iron breastplate of the huge skurg in front of him. Running with blood, the creature lets out a primal yell and again its axe smashes against the Last Lion's armour. Smaller beastmen move in either side of their larger cousin and harry at Bulwark's legs with their axes. The stallion stamps and swerves, long hours of battle-training put to good work. The Dulat troops to Bastians left, troopers Trey and Kwarto, push forwards in formation and cut down their enemies.

At the back of the incursion, Dack leads a group of Dulat archers around the right flank of the battle, whilst Cassie leads another group the other way. Two beastmen rush out from one of the buildings and Cassie cries out as their axes hit home. Troopers Saxon and Zeebenson move up to support her, swapping bows for swords. Meanwhile the two archers who have taken to the ramparts fire overhead at another pair of beastmen who have emerged from a far building. One is winged by an arrow, but they keep coming with fury in their eyes and foam-flecked muzzles.

On the far side of the keep, the two other Skurgs leap down from the ramparts with a mighty thump and move towards the fray, a rag-tag bunch of beastmen following in their wake. Another group of beastmen move around to the left of the fight, running full pelt along the ramparts.

[sblock=OOC]

"Left" and "right" in this case apply as if you are at the top of the map looking down, i.e. the POV of the characters.

Ignoring move actions for now, which should be obvious from the map:

Gregg vs. B6, miss.
P1 vs B10 9+5=14, hit for 1d8+1=6 damage. B10 down.
Sh'aah Perception 5+5=10
Bastian vs. Sk1 hits for 11 damage. Skurg 1 still up.

B4 vs. D4 miss
B6 vs. Gregg miss
B7 vs. Bulwark miss
B8 vs. Bulwark miss
Skurg1 vs. Bastian miss
B27 vs. P3 hit for 5 damage
B28 vs. P3 hit for 6 damage. (P3, Cassie, is at 2/13 hp)

I jumped ahead with the Dulat troops, for speed.

D3 vs. B8 critical hit for 8 damage, B8 down.
D4 vs. B4 hit for 7 damage, B4 down.
D16 vs. B28 miss
D17 vs. B27 miss
D18 arrow vs. B30 miss
D19 arrow vs. B29 hit for 2 damage.

And around again.

Comoray
Dulat troops (already factored, above).
Arcata
Greggory/Penal Legion
Sh'aah
Bastian
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Keep10.jpg
    Keep10.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray steps over the body of his fallen enemy to bring his bloodied blade to bear on the next beastman, swinging it in a wide arc from left to right.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Comoray wades in swingin bu the beastman before him is too agile and leaps back.

[sblock=OOC]

Comoray attack 2+6=9, miss

Next up
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Arcata
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata looks around at the fracas, and quickly casts another spell. There's a blue flash before her; the impression of a disk turned on its side nearby her...then it's gone and nothing appears to have happened. She guides her horse through the breach then, carefully navigating the broken stone into the courtyard behind the men.

(OOC - Sorry bout that, all. Arcata just casts Shield this turn and enters the keep :) New AC is 15.)

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah turns to his right, deliberately avoiding looking at Arcata as she works her spells. Seeing nothing but earthen dykes and walls on that that side he waits its until she rides forward, then moves in behind her. This babysitting is boring. I want to fiiight something. His frustration manifests in a tight jaw, nearly grinding his teeth together.

Spotting a group of soldiers on the left that are not faring so well as the rest of the battle Sh'aah moves to interpose himself, pulling his vicious double-axe out of it's sheath as he does so.

[sblock=ooc]
Moving to put the front of Sh'aahs horse 1 square south west of soldier 20. Putting bow away (move action), drawing double-axe while moving (another move action).
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases