A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival - Page 34




+ Log in or register to post
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 575
  1. #331
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,131
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Sh'aah

    Secret Meeting

    Watching Arcata, Sh'aah noticed her...well....femininity. It was strange in a way. Although he'd been well aware that she was female, he hadn't noticed, in a way. It was hard to explain, even to herself. She really was quite strikingly attractive, especially in profile, and doubly so next to the plainness of Cassie.

    Sh'aah decided to speak up. Hope I don't wreck things. "Wardens are not secret and hidden. Idea is simple really. You need help? We help. You dangerous to good people? We dangerous too."
    Last edited by Axel; Saturday, 10th November, 2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Fixing typos

 

  • #332
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,531

    Ignore jkason

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Bastian starts as a panel of the wagon appears to speak.

    "I ... and who, exactly, are you? Your ... partner?... didn't introduce us?"
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #333
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,022
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    It's A Secret!
    [i]Arcata nodded at Sha'ah, then with a smile said, "Well I can't fault that. Allies then, and I apologize if I seemed hesitant. The place I came from is one where everyone offering a hand in friendship was hiding a knife behind their back in the other one. Thankfully I haven't been part of that world for long, or who knows what it would have done to me."

    She offers Tzint a hand. "It sounds like we both need a friend if what you say about the fey around here is true. We will help the Wardens whenever we can."

  • #334
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Meeting

    Tzintzan leaps to his feet and takes Arcata's hand, and then kisses it, giving a florid bow.

    "I'm not unfamiliar with court life, My Lady," he says with a grin. "I wonder what this new regime will be like." He steps back, business-like again. "There is, perhaps, something that you can help us with," he says. "I mentioned the Zwergenberg dwarves before. They have an outpost up in Fanjyr Pass, but we've heard nothing from them for a while, and the last Warden who went there never returned. Now, if somebody were to commit some forces to investigating..."


    The wooden face gives a creaking laugh.

    "Partner?" it says. "That's a good 'un. The name's Wagon. The boss leaves me in charges of sales when he's doin' business someplace else. So, ya gonna buy anythin' buddy, or just stand there gawpin'? Anyone'd think ya'd never seen a talkin' wagon before."
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #335
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,531

    Ignore jkason

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    "That's a good 'un. The name's Wagon. The boss leaves me in charges of sales when he's doin' business someplace else. So, ya gonna buy anythin' buddy, or just stand there gawpin'? Anyone'd think ya'd never seen a talkin' wagon before."
    "That's because I haven't?" the no-longer-last Lion offers, starting to recover. Seems life was even more different out here than he'd ever imagined. The young soldier closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and came back with his composure.

    "From what we were discussing, I think a set of woodworking and stoneworking tools, these standard farm implements, and ... what kind of seed packs do you have? We need bread, certainly, but some proper vegetables would go a long way, as well. There's only so much more of Sh'aah's venison I can take without something green to spruce it up. And I'm a course sort; I have to imagine Arc... The Lady Dulat's missing proper entrees."
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #336
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,131
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Sh'aah

    Secret Women's Business?

    Sh'aah grunted at the mention of the Dwarves. Once, a year or more back, he had wandered near to their lands. Dwarves not like me. Must be orc blood... Could be hard trip.

    He spoke up, "Easy to find road. Dwarves like straight lines. Also have much metal."




  • #337
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Wagon gives a sort of grunting sound, and some drawers open in a big merchant's chest. There are some small parcels wrapped in brown paper inside.

    "I got all the seed ya need," it says in a sing-song voice. A beam of the wagon folds down, the assorted tools hanging from it jangling as it moves. "And I got the tools, if you got the talent."
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #338
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,124
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Brother Comoray retrieves his small store of coins from his backpack and forks over the ten gold pieces required to pay for the tools. He decides to wait to see how much money is needed for more essential items before inquiring after the slate and chalk.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #339
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,531

    Ignore jkason

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Bastian produces his own coin, offering up payment for the farming tools, then calling over Dewey and Nerfer.

    "You two grew up on farms, right? Give us a bit of advice on what you think will grow 'round here and yield something edible."
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #340
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,022
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    The whole point of having a secret meeting is to tell the world you're having a secret meeting! Why did you keep it secret?!
    Arcata can't help but chuckle at how the two are double-teaming her. Not two seconds after agreeing to help, now they wanted her to do something. Well that wagon could be driven both ways.

    "Well," she says, "I was planning on sending an envoy to the dwarves regardless. With the information you've given me, I'll plan accordingly, and make sure we find out what happened to your man." With a smile she adds, "Maybe some of those resources you talked about would help, if there's danger there. What can you offer?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Gamer Arrival
      By KB9JMQ in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Friday, 21st October, 2005, 04:24 PM
    2. Early Arrival of Dungeon #128
      By Waylander the Slayer in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 7th October, 2005, 03:31 PM
    3. New Arrival.
      By C. Baize in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd April, 2004, 04:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •