A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival - Page 35




+ Log in or register to post
Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 575
  1. #341
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Dewey and Nerfer jump to help Bastian, offering all sorts of advice that appears helpful. Wagon swallows the money, and it ratttles down somewhere inside the depths of the vehicle.

    Meanwhile...

    Secret Meeting

    "Welll...," Ryal glances sideways at Sh'aah. "We can offer the services of a guide who knows the area. Any of your party speak Dwarven? I think we can probably rustle up a translator - they can speak the Common tongue, of course, but dwarves always look more favourably on those who at least try to speak their language.

    "My Lady, we should probably return to your men before that young knight thinks I've murdered you. If you'll take one more piece of advice, send envoys to Last Ferry, let them know that the keep will protect them again."

    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #342
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,130
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Sh'aah

    Secret Meeting

    Sh'aah shrugs as Ryal volunteers him. "Dwarfs do not make me welcome. Easy to find dwarf house though. And I be hard to kill. We go soon." the last sentence sounding almost like a question.

    Turning to leave the building he caught sight of Cassie lurking around the door. "Why you come? You say nothing?" he asks, fixing her with a stare.
    Last edited by Axel; Friday, 23rd November, 2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Fixing sblocks

  • #343
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Secret Meeting

    Cassie returns Sh'aah's stare.

    "Someone's got to make sure the Lady Arcata is safe, green-boy" she replies.
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #344
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,130
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Sh'aah

    Sh'aah laughed at Cassie. "You keep her safe from sky then..." Still silently laughing the half orc walked passed Cassie and headed back outside toward the wagon. Still need a knife. Stupid leaving without it.

  • #345
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,004
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    "Last Ferry," Arcata repeats. She nods slowly. More than just food and water and mortar, the keep needed people. She had no idea if anyone else was coming from the civilized lands, but they might be able to recruit some young men and their families with promises of work, and that their homes would be protected. "Sh'aah will know the way, I'm sure. Thank you. As for the dwarven tongue...I'll ask Greggory and Bastian. They know their men."

    She gives Cassie a wry look. "I apologize," she says to Ryal. "We're still rough around the edges here. When you come next time, you will find a house in order, not a keep freshly taken."

    "Now, lets to the business of business."

    Outside she gives Cassie a pat on the arm as she passes and heads back to the cart.

    "How goes the purchasing?" Arcata asks, in high spirits. "I see no blood on the ground, which seems like a good beginning."

  • #346
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,509

    Ignore jkason

    Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

    Bastian pats the former farmers on the back as Arcata arrives.

    "With a little help from the men, I think we have at least the start of some farming," he says by way of congratulations and thanks for their aid. Then his eyebrow raises as he jerks his thumb behind him.

    "Also, apparently carts talk here," he adds.
    **My most recent fiction is in Viridian Legacy: The Wasting of Duny Slough**

  • #347
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    "Ah, you've met Wagon then?" says Ryal. "I trust he kept a civil tongue in his... er, head, so to speak?"
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #348
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    "I have the important things I was looking for," says Comoray. "Unfortunately two sets of tools will only be enough to get a full working schedule for four men, but that will have to do for now."

    Comoray scratches his head. The crusader feels like he has been forgetting something... Ah! "Would you be able to take any beastman equipment off our hands, if we cleaned it up a bit, or are we going to have to offer it to the dwarves?" he asks.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #349
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,004
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Arcata comes over to the wagon, eying it curiously.

    "It...talks?" she asks. "That's impressive magic for a traveling peddler here on the edge of civilization. Brother, I have some funds I was saving for just such a purpose. Let me see what you're getting and I'll add my coin to yours."

    "Also, Bastian? Greggory? Do you have anyone who can speak the Dwarven tongue?"

  • #350
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    "I had enough coin on hand for a set of woodworking tools and a set of stoneworking tools," says Brother Comoray. "They will be invaluable for making repairs to the fort and the buildings. That is enough for four men working in two shifts. Given our limited numbers though, I do not know how many men beyond that you wish to spare for building and repairs. If we must, one more of each set of tools would probably be enough to tide us over until we gain access to more resources."
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Gamer Arrival
      By KB9JMQ in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Friday, 21st October, 2005, 04:24 PM
    2. Early Arrival of Dungeon #128
      By Waylander the Slayer in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 7th October, 2005, 03:31 PM
    3. New Arrival.
      By C. Baize in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd April, 2004, 04:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •