A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata scowls and peeks around the corner of the stone wall at the dwarf guard. Scamp, having ridden in her saddlebags, makes a soft clacking noise in his throat, and the sorceror shushes him.

"Well, we're not likely to sneak or talk our way past him. Sh'aah will have put him on alert. We can either wait here, find another way past, or try to force the issue. And I'm not ready to consider that yet. Ideas?"

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah was surprised to find the stable unguarded, given the guard that had been posted outside the tower door. With careful haste he retrieved the loop of rope and attached grappling hook from his saddlebags. Slinging the rope over his shoulder, the half-orc retraced his stops back to the tower - taking care to stay out of sight of the dwarf on the door.

The lack of any more cries and sounds had put the ranger on edge. I hearing things. Or they shut him up. How to tell? Should go talk to The Lady, bad for her if I seen out here I think... Standing in the shadow of the prison/dormitory tower, he glanced upwards, considering the best way back in.

Is simple, stupid. Boldly, Sh'aah strode back toward the dwarf on guard at the door - making no effort to conceal himself or the rope over his shoulder.

[sblock=ooc]
You know it's bad when even the DM admits he doesn't know what you're doing. :) I ended a little confused myself. Anyways...who doesn't go for a piss with rope?
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The dwarf looks Sh'aah over and nods him inside. Back inside the watchtower, the half-orc discovers all of the rest of the Dulat party have gathered on the ground floor.

"Been havin' fun?" says Cassie.

[sblock=OOC]
Evidently somebody told Sh'aah to go piss up a rope.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah scowled at the tatooed woman. He couldn't tell if she was making fun of him or not. "More fun than you," he grunted, before realising everyone was awake and staring at him.

He dropped the rope and grappling hook on the floor with a thud and clang. "Is rope. For climbing," he said, perhaps unnecessarily.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata looked at the rope for a moment, then back at Sh'aah. She hardly dared ask, but she couldn't just let that sit.

"Climbing...where?" she said, metaphorically biting down with all teeth on the bait.

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah looked puzzled at the question. "Out window," he said. "Is stunty outside. He not believe we all need to piss."

The big half-orc scratched the back of his head, as if he'd exhausted his vocabulary. "Then for climbing cliff. Is hole in the side."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata searched Sh'aah's face, but the half-orc had never shown any predilection for humor before...at least not like this. So he must be serious.

"Back to our room," she said. "We're not discussing this whispering in the halls like schoolchildren afraid of being caught after hours."

She led them back to the bedroom she and Cassie had shared. Once the door was shut behind them she asked Sh'aah, "What is making you so desperate to get out of here you'd suggest we all climb down a rope? I agree things are...strange here, but no one's lifted a finger to harm us."

Scamp wiggled in her satchel and clucked reprovingly at Sh'aah.

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray, whose intuition is travelling the same road as Sh'aah's, decides to interject at this point. "If you feel it is unwise, you could remain behind while several of us investigate," he says. "That would lend you some plausible deniability should we be discovered; we were acting on our own and not at your instruction."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata pauses, then realizes what Sh'aah is saying. Not escape. Investigation. There was a cave in the side of the cliff. Ohhhhhh...

She looks from the Brother to Sh'aah.

"Can we get to the cave without being seen, do you think? And...what makes you think there's anything special about it?"

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah shrugged at Arcata's second-to-last question. "Maybe. Better to be not heard." The last one had him stumped though, and he rubbed the bare top of his head thinking. He had been trying to work out why he was so suspicious, but hadn't come up with anything. "Dwarfs is special about cave. No looking allowed. And screams tonight. From below."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases