Wiki Infobox

weldon

Explorer
I was playing around with the wiki today and came up with an infobox that we could use on character sheets. I'm looking for some feedback. Let me know if you have suggestions, comments, criticisms, etc.

Also, I really like the tabview that I used for the rest of the character sheet, but I need to work on that some more to make the other pages true subpages of the base character sheet.

PC:Shun (weldon) - L4W Wiki

Karlowitch

First Post
that looks pretty cool and every tab makes easy to find what you looking for. I guess it would make things easier when reviewing, but looking at the source code, I have no idea how the tabview tables work and how you can add content like fluff or whatever.

weldon

Explorer
Here's the link to the infobox_PC template that I made if anyone wants to take a look.

Template:Infobox PC - L4W Wiki

[sblock=The old way of doing tabs (not preferred)]The tabview is pretty simple. You just list the pages that you want to include. The syntax is simple...

pagename | label

All the tabs on Shun are actually separate pages.

It's not quite ready for primetime because the custom namespace (PC) which we all use for character sheets looks like it doesn't have subpages turned on. I opened a ticket with wikia to fix that.[/sblock]

The new, better way of doing tabs is described below in this post...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/313827-wiki-infobox.html#post5745841

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
If everyone likes the infobox, we could suggest/require it for all characters in order to automatically build the character status table. It would replace the stupid, and quite ugly, status template that I introduced last year (which is not widely adopted).

I can come up with something for adventures and maybe setting elements too. That would make it easy to generate automated tables of adventures. It would only rely on the DM, Judge and/or the participants to keep the infobox updated.

As for tabview, I'm glad you guys like it. I think it works great, but I would like to hear from judges as they review this sheet (I just submitted Shun).

Subpages are now turned on for the PC: namespace. To double-check, if you visit the subpage directly (eg. PC:Shun (weldon)/Math - L4W Wiki ) you should see a link to the basepage at the top of the content area.

For those who haven't tried it, you create a subpage when you add a page with a slash in the name. All you need to do to create subpages for your character is to add "/subpagename" to the URL for your character. Wikia will prompt you to enter text and "Create" the page.

Weldon, I want to thank you so much for creating this. It's so awesome and clean-looking, that I even took the time to completely transfer my character Vyrna from the google docs excel sheet to the template form. I don't see how this COULDN'T make it easier to review. As someone who has done some reviews lately, I can see that this will be an invaluable bonus to reviewers (at least for the sheets that use it, which I hope becomes everyone).

Speaking of sheets, Vyrna still needs a second review from Senior Reviewer if anyone would care to take a look.

Once again, Thanks Weldon!

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: teehee!

[MENTION=18817]weldon[/MENTION]: Love it love it love it. Any chance you could port it over to the LEB wiki so that I can use it on my LEB characters too?

Remove ads