Wiki Infobox

weldon

Explorer
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] - I'd be happy to help, but I don't know anything about the LEB wiki. Can you post the link here so I can check it out?

weldon

Explorer
I was fiddling with something else and discovered another way to make tabbed pages on wikia that doesn't require sub-pages. You can see both methods used on Shun's Page on Wikia. The first purply square tabs are all on the main page, and the blueish rounded tabs below are the original sub-page method.

There's a number of advantages to keeping everything on one page (instead of sub-pages)
* you can link to a specific "approved" version of the entire character page instead of 6 sub-pages for summary, math, etc.
* there's less clutter in the list of pages
* it's a bit easier for me to make dynamic lists of characters as everything is on one page.

Anyways, take a look at the new Shun page and let me know what you think of the tab view at the top.

weldon

Explorer
Here's the help page for the tabber extension...

Help:Tabber - Wikia Community Central

The basic usage is as follows...

<tabber>
nameoftab1=
tab 1 content
|-|
nameoftab2=
tab 2 content
|-|
nameoftab3=
tab 3 content
</tabber>

The names of the tab are set to whatever appears in front of the = sign. Multiple tabs are separated by the |-| wikitext.

If you look at the source for Shun, you'll see all the templates for each section are pasted in between the tabs.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
@weldon , I think that a template for a Damage table in the Math section would be welcome. It helps at higher levels when you have feat and item bonus mixing in with Eberron Shards and other random stuff. Ideally it would be a modified version of the Power To-Hit table, so that a different calculation for each power was easy. Many classes' powers have a wide variety of keywords that can introduce some chaos into which bonuses are included where. Iron Armbands of Power would not apply to a Fighter's Come And Get It, for example.

EDIT: Also, I link this page as one of my PC's portraits: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/File:Caim_half_elf_battlemind_by_wecontact-d32y339.jpg

Is there any way to get wikia to display this at a larger size? I'm fine with it being small in my character sheet, but I would like people to be able to blow it up with one click instead of having to navigate to image details and clicking full resolution. I don't understand why, but I don't have this problem with this portrait: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ignatz_jagerkin_barbarian_by_wecontact-d3cly61.jpg

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
@weldon , I think that a template for a Damage table in the Math section would be welcome.
Hmmm, I'm willing to look at it. Can you give me a little more detail on what you have in mind? The best approach for a wiki is probably to provide flexibility for the player to write in all the bonuses. If you look at the powers to hit table now, what is missing?
Is there any way to get wikia to display this at a larger size?
I'll look into it. I know that you can add some in-line styles.

weldon

Explorer
Re: Tabber

I added some css to our wikia.css file so that H2 and H3 tags will display properly inside the tabber sections. The key advantage here is that the "edit" link for the whole section is now displayed and easily used.

Last edited:

Remove ads