Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
In Shine - Gleithendale the Resonant

"Agreed, Galin Phaedran, and you would do well, young Quarion, to learn from your brother. He is a most canny negotiator. Now, there remains only the actual ritual, which must be done in relative 'proximity' to the body of water."

OOC: Apparently your family's reputation extends a bit farther than you knew.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"There's something else you should know," Sulannus says abruptly. She'd dithered over how much to tell the old wizard, but more and more she came to the conclusion that holding information back from someone who could help was a good way to make sure the mystery was never solved.

"We're doing this because we believe the dragon has information about the fading of magic. If we're right, we'll share what we learn with you...if you'll agree to work with us in solving the problem. It's something that affects all of us. The time for keeping secrets is past."

Leif

Adventurer

"Oh, my stars! Yes, yes of course I'll assist however I may do so from here, if what you suspect is true. I wonder, though, could that be what has old Archangault's ass so chapped?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"For reasons we don't properly understand, the dragon does seem to think our people are responsible for the magic problem. That is likely the cause of his ire. He actually sent an attacker to find us on our home plane. So we must bring this conflict to a conclusion."

Leif

Adventurer

"I see ... and just how then may I be of assistance to you, since I do not wish to travel , myself, into the close proximity to the lair of Archangault the Elusive where the ritual must be performed?"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"Additionally, this, um, 'fading' did you call it? I may be able to learn something of this independently from Archangault. He's a fine wizard, true, but I'm not exactly chopped liver, myself. I'll see what I can learn...."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus nods gratefully. "That would be most appreciated. We're not exactly eager to have to deal with the dragon on anything other than a 'slaying' level. As for how you can help...I was thinking perhaps if you had a ritual scroll handy, or perhaps the means and time with which to prepare one, then I could cast it from the scroll at the lake? Water breathing shouldn't be too far above my skill...I just haven't had a chance to learn the rites yet."

Leif

Adventurer

"I think I could provide you with a scroll of Water Breathing, if you will perform a service for me in payment. Actually, for the service that I need, there will have to be more compensation than the single scroll. Perhaps you should tell me what other items you desire?"

Remove ads