Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Ryan, still unable to shake off the glue that kept him from moving around freely, pulls out another javelin. He throws it arcing through the air. It takes the Orc leader cleanly in the shoulder, but otherwise does little harm.

However, this gives Vyrna just the opportunity she needed to finish this once and for all. Dashing after the thrown missile weapon, she stands before the orc leader just as the javelin makes impact. Ripping the projectile out of the shoulder wound, Vyrna proceeds to stab upward at the taller orc's chest, driving the point up through the torso. She grins at him fiercely as he takes his last breaths, whispering horrid things into his ear before he passes on to the next realm of existence.

"I told you to stay down..."

[sblock=Actions]

Ryan:

Minor: Sheath blade
Move: Draw javelin
Standard: Attack Orc Leader with Javelin, hitting AC 23 for 7 damage.

Vyrna:

Standard: Charges to I4 and uses Vampire Slam vs Orc Leader, CRITTING for 20 damage!

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Vyrna nails the orc to the wall like a butterfly as Shun finishes the remaining foe, who's utterly confused by Lilli's spell. You're the owners of the bloodied cavern, and if the guard's lives had a price in orc death it was a high one indeed.

After taking a few moments to calm your adrenaline-induced shakes you investigate how it was possible for the orc to walk on the river. Turns out his shoes are magical, and allow the wearer to walk on water, if only for a brief time. There’s of course the Staff you were charged to look for, and all the orcs’ belongings.

The table were the flask-thowing orcs were working at has a large mixture of herbs and chemicals. From these you identify some that has medicinal properties, and are ready to be mixed. Also, Lilli finds a strange spool of thread. It shines with many changing colors and she thinks that, maybe, an embroidery with this thread would make her dress look even more fabulous. Other than that, you find a large assortment of coin and valuables, probably from other raids and assaults.

[sblock=rewards so far]
The adventure is essentially finished. We still have to play the loose ends, but I’ll post the rewards so you can look for adventures at the tavern and start making the necessary changes to your sheets.

XP:
1st encounter: 220 XP each.
2nd encounter: 290 XP each
Skill challenge: 250 XP each
3rd encounter: 344 XP each
Major quest: 200 XP each
Time XP: 3 months. 1st levels: 501 XP, Lilli 750 XP.
Consistently outstanding roleplaying: 250 XP for 1st levels, 375 for Lilli. Seriously guys, you deserved those.

So 1st level characters got 2055 total XP from the adventure and Lilli 2429.

Gold and magic items:
From hellhound encounter:

Gauntlets of blood (Eva took those)
Repulsion cloth armor (Vyrna)
120 gp (to be divided)

From last encounter:
Silt sandals
Shimmering cloth armor (From Lilli’s wishlist)
3 potions of healing
200 gold (to be divided)

Time reward:
1st levels: 378 gold (each one)
Lilli: 762 gold.

Mission reward: 120 gold (each)

DM points: 3 months, 6 DM points.

Mentioning [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] for approval [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=rewards so far]
The adventure is essentially finished. We still have to play the loose ends, but I’ll post the rewards so you can look for adventures at the tavern and start making the necessary changes to your sheets.

XP:
1st encounter: 220 XP each.
2nd encounter: 290 XP each
Skill challenge: 250 XP each
3rd encounter: 344 XP each
Major quest: 200 XP each
Time XP: 3 months. 1st levels: 501 XP, Lilli 750 XP.
Consistently outstanding roleplaying: 250 XP for 1st levels, 375 for Lilli. Seriously guys, you deserved those.

So 1st level characters got 2055 total XP from the adventure and Lilli 2429.

Gold and magic items:
From hellhound encounter:

Gauntlets of blood (Eva took those)
Repulsion cloth armor (Vyrna)
120 gp (to be divided)

From last encounter:
Silt sandals
Shimmering cloth armor (From Lilli’s wishlist)
3 potions of healing
200 gold (to be divided)

Time reward:
1st levels: 378 gold (each one)
Lilli: 762 gold.

Mission reward: 120 gold (each)

DM points: 3 months, 6 DM points.

Mentioning @Luinnar for approval [/sblock]
OOC: DM credits and rewards approved :)

You may want to add up the total gold for each PC (and add in their time gold) to avoid confusion (I don't see it listed anywhere).

OOC: I took the liberty of calculating the amount of gold the players get (and please correct me if you find that my math is off):

120 gp (Hellhound) + 200 gp (Orc Leader) = 320 gp. 320 divided by 5 players is 64 gp per player.

1st level players:

64 gp (from calc above) + 120 gp (adventure reward) = 184 gp. 184 gp + 378 gp (1st level time gold for 3 months) = 562 gp

Lilli:

64 gp (from calc above) + 120 gp (adventure reward) = 184 gp. 184 gp + 762 gp = 946 gp.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: There was I, all set to explore upstairs! Great fun, though and Oho! she's hit level 5.

The characters that can use them should have the healing potions, I'm more than satisfied.

Lilli looks around somewhat dejectedly around the cavern, but her eyes shine somewhat brighter when she finds the spool of thread, "Oh, oh, oh, I know just the place to make a good use of this! Why, Gen should pay me to be able to use it..."

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Eva lets herself relax a little after the brutish orc leader gets impaled. She steps closer to him (but not too close) and looks him over.

"Barbarian!" she says to the corpse in one final insult. She then turns around, carefully steps around the deanimated arm bones, and joins the others as they sift through the treasure.

OOC: I'll grab one of those potions.

Many thanks to Vyrna for saving Eva in that fight. ;)

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Thank you for calculating those totals. I felt at the time that since one of you isn't getting any magical toy perhaps you'd want to distribute the treasure non-equally, though actually the common custom is to divide it in same sized parts independently of magic items gained.

I've submitted another low level adventure for approval and I'll start recruiting as soon I have news from the judges, if you're interested.

Eva also finds some parchments on another table, near where the orc leader was standing when he was talking to the troops. Though they appear written, it's not any language you can recognize. You're not sure it's even a language: some of the symbols are drawings of little stick men holding flags. However you feel it must have some sort of meaning, since the parchment has traces of having been sealed with wax - meaning it was a letter.

OOC: Love your DMing style, you can count me in with Vyrna!

Vyrna relaxes once she determines that the threat really is over, and she begins walking amongst the others, seeing what they find as they scrounge around the cave for valuables.

"Let's take what we want and get out of this place. This isn't getting me any closer to finding Blood Lung or his first mate, and we still need to get back to the mansion."

weldon

Explorer
Perhaps we should take these writings back to Lord Charles and be done with it. I can't wait to get out of this wretched hole in the ground.

OOC: Well played, everyone. Look forward to the next adventure!

Neil1889

First Post
"A cypher? Hmmmm, given enough time, I'd crack it, I'm sure. Not sure if my Comprehend Languages ritual would work in this case, but I'd rather consider the matter elsewhere, too."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases