Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

OOC: Someone: I had thought that I would be attacking the Otyugh 2 with my last attack, and didn't think I would need the push, but since I did attack the cube, could you please apply Vampire Slam's 2-square push to the South-West (which would have kept Eva from being engulfed)?

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Someone: I had thought that I would be attacking the Otyugh 2 with my last attack, and didn't think I would need the push, but since I did attack the cube, could you please apply Vampire Slam's 2-square push to the South-West (which would have kept Eva from being engulfed)?

GM: The push won't make much of a difference since the initial attack didn't engulf Eva, merely Immobilized her. The engulf was done in the cube's turn, after Vyrna's attack, and it could have simply moved to where's now. You can however try to do the push this turn; if you push the cube far enough Eva will be freed by the Grab rules, and if you do it before Dekana posts his turn, Eva won't take the ongoing damage or be Dazed.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli moves into the light and raises her magical orb her eye; suddenly an image of the Gelatinous protozoa appears inside the crystal, with a struggling tiny Dekana pictured inside it!

Unsure if her spell will work, she attempts to convince the creature's senses that its victim is unusually salty.

[sblock=actions]Move: Lilli moves to O10.

Orb of Far Seeing +1
Power (Encounter). Minor Action. Choose a target within 10 squares of you. Until the end of the encounter, this target is considered half as far away for the purpose of ranged attacks made with this orb.

Minor action = Use Encounter power of Orb of Far Seeing.

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Standard action = Roll Lookup Illusory Ambush at the Jelly Cube: Total to hit = 24, potential damage = 7.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Someone] Due to the retcons and interrupting actions, I'm a little confused as to the rounds... When a new round occurs and the monsters take their official turn, could you please state which round we are in (that way I know it's okay for me to take another turn). That way I don't accidentally go more than once in a round. Thanks![/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=Someone] Due to the retcons and interrupting actions, I'm a little confused as to the rounds... When a new round occurs and the monsters take their official turn, could you please state which round we are in (that way I know it's okay for me to take another turn). That way I don't accidentally go more than once in a round. Thanks![/sblock]

GM: It's your turn now. Post away; I'll try to be more clear in the future, at least until you get the flow of pbp combat.

Vyrna, knowing that her comrades' death could soon mean that the cube came after her, decided to lure the gelatinous mass away from its current position. Waiting until she saw that Ryan had once again gained her opponents attention, the vampire deftly skirts around the pile of muck in the center of the floor to stand across the small chamber. Reaching deep within herself, Vyrna let the necrotic energy that kept her upright to surge within her body. Bringing this energy to her eyes, she stared at the cube for a few moments, willing the thing to become hypnotically entranced. Having never dealt with such a being, it was no surprise that such an attack did nothing. Quickly realizing that her tactic wouldn't work due to the creature's lack of eyes, Vyrna switched tactics. Once again the dark energies swirled within the vampire, this time resting on her vocal cords.

"Come, my lovely, ignore that horrid meal you carry and feast upon my flesh."

With the words came dark power, and with that dark power came control. The giant mass of acidic jelly quickly slid across the floor, forgetting about Eva, who slid out upon the floor in a wet puddle of slimy acid. It would burn, but at least she was away from the thing...for now anyway.

[sblock=actions]
Move Action: Move as follows: from T15 > T14 > T13 > U12 > V11 > V10.
Standard: Vyrna uses Dark Beckoning vs Cube and misses:

Dark Beckoning (At-Will Standard Ranged 5 ✦ Charm, Implement, Psychic, Shadow) Vampire 1
Target: One creature
Attack: +6 vs Will
Hit: 1d6+9 psychic damage and Vyrna pulls the target up to 4 squares.

Free: Spend Action Point to use Dark Beckoning once more...and hits for 10 damage, pulling the cube (from it's top-right square) into V12.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Mid turn update. Eva and Shun are up, then the cube

[sblock=actions]
Notice that I moved Vyrna to where she’s now instead of V10 since the cube could not be pulled from V10 (there was no way to move it from there so it was closer to Vyrna), Also, with Ryan on the way this is the farthest the cube can be pulled. It’s however enough to get Eva out of it, even if she’s still within melee range.
[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 21/31
Lily 30/30
Eva 12/24, Immobilized (save ends)
Shun 29/35
Vyrna 22/22

Otyugh 1: Dead
Otyugh 2: Dead
Cube: 49/114, Bloodied, -2 to hit, Marked by Ryan.
Cube stats: AC: 15 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:14. MBA: +6 Vs Fort, 2d8+5 damage and target is Immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff104midturn.jpg
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Come, my lovely, ignore that horrid meal you carry and feast upon my flesh."
Once Eva is out of the cube, she drops to her knees and hacks up any acidic gelatin that she breathed in. "Gack... what do mean, 'horrid meal?'" she protests.

The elf then stands and takes a moment to right herself and align her meager clothing (no doubt to Randal's dismay). Nothing seems to have burned off, she decides happily.

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Standard: Second Wind. Eva is now at 18/24hp and 7/8 surges. She gains +2 defenses TSNT Eva.

End of turn: Saving throw vs Immobilized fails (1d20=1).

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
HP:2+18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1
Conditions
+2 defenses TSNT (not included above)
Immobilized (save ends)

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
Spirit Rend
[sblock=spellbook]
Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch[/sblock][/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Shun finally manages to get on the server reacts to the new danger presented by the cube of jelly. He swings his anchor chain around and around his head while chanting in a strange voice. The chain begins to crackle with lightning and electric blue sparks fly from the ends. With a guttural shout, he brings the anchor down on the cube, slashing its surface with the sharpened flukes.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift one square to Q15
Minor: none
Standard: Tempest Assault
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The heros’ attacks splatter gelatinous matter all over the cavern, proving that the weird creature can die. Vyrna and Lily find it has a mind, though reduced to the maximum simplicity. Finally Ryan charges, rending a long gash on the cube’s protoplasm, but carried by his own momentum he ends inside the cube.

GM: It’s everyone’s turn again

[sblock=actions]
The cube tries to engulf Eva (hits 14 Ref) and Ryan (14 too). Eva avoids the hit thanks to her Second Wind bonus and the cube’s penalties to hit, Ryan can’t.
[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 21/31, grabbed, Dazed, Ongoing 5 acid.
Lily 30/30
Eva 12/24, Immobilized (save ends)
Shun 29/35
Vyrna 22/22

Otyugh 1: Dead
Otyugh 2: Dead
Cube: 49/114, Bloodied, -2 to hit, Marked by Ryan.
Cube stats: AC: 15 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:14. MBA: +6 Vs Fort, 2d8+5 damage and target is Immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff105.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads