Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

weldon

Explorer
Shun, who has been watching for a weakness in the Cube, moves in as the Cube attacks Ryan and Eva. His chain swings around and comes down during the opening as the Cube is focused on his companions. Shun then brings the chain around again and takes another swing.

[sblock=actions]
Interrupt: Warden's Fury STR vs Fort
Standard: Weight of Earth (target slowed)
Minor: none
Move: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Shun can’t use his Warden’s Fury power to attack the cube, since he has not marked it himself, it was marked by Ryan.

If you want to Mark it now, notice that Nature’s wrath, the ability you use to mark, says “Once during each of your turns, you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action. This mark lasts until the end of your next turn” and you never were adjacent to the cube.

I’ll suppose you step to 15R, make your attack and then Mark the cube, unless you post otherwise in the next few hours (going to work now)

weldon

Explorer
OOC: Got it. This is my first defender, so I'm still learning how the mechanics work. Since Ryan is trapped inside the cube, I think Shun should mark it. I'll shift one square to be adjacent and mark during this turn so I can use an immediate reaction next turn

Someone

Adventurer
Now all the corridor is a mess of acidic jelly. What's left of the creature extends a feeble pseudopod at Shun, moments before Ryan bursts free from the now weakened beign and severs it with a kopesh strike.

The cube's remains start liquefying and drain towards the mound of trash at the cave's center. The quietness that now reigns makes a sharp contrast with the noise your heart is making - at least for those that still have a pulse.

OOC: Cube started his turn at 7 hit points, and rolled a natural 1 to hit. There's no need to continue the combat just to see if you have a horrible string of bad rolls.

By the way, notice that ongoing damage takes place at the start of your turn, so Ryan should be at 16 HP with 3 THP, not at 19 HP; this was for last round's damage, not this one.

Splattered with viscera and acidic goo, Vyrna's feral visage quickly changes. Suddenly the minor scratches and splotches on her skin from the battle fade from view, and the miniscule vampire looks exactly as she had the moment the group had met her. Skin like alabaster and features as smooth and hard as marble. Manufactured perfection.

The dark aura of necromantic energies that surrounded her during the fight seems to sink back into her form while she straightens her clothing and brushes off her cloak.

"Well, that was a nuisance. Is everyone's flesh intact and heart still beating?"

Oddly put, but you get the sense that the "halfling" is genuinely concerned for your well being. After seeing the group in action, she had a new found respect for her companions. With Ryan carrying about the head of an undead companion, and Eva throwing out spells of a necromantic nature, the vampress was beginning to think that it might be okay to relax around the group a bit.

That's not to say that she was going to let the group know, outright, about her condition, but she might just let them figure it out (if they hadn't already).

[sblock=Blood is Life class feature]
Once during a short rest, an ally adjacent to Vyrna can willingly lose one healing surge to allow her to regain hit points equal to her bloodied value. She regains hit points equal to her bloodied value. If she ends a short rest with more healing surges than her usual number of healing surges for the day, she loses any healing surges beyond that number, but regains all her hit points.

This means that Vyrna, had she been damaged in this fight, would now be back to full HP, since her Blood Drinker power gave her a healing surge, and that put her at 3 of 2 healing surges. She is now back down to 2 of 2 healing surges. If she is ever really really damaged and doesn't have an extra healing surge above her normal for the day, it will be interesting to see how RP goes along with the first part of her class feature (aka...who will she ask to drink from, and will anyone be willing to "share the love") ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli, who previously only had a strange feeling about Vyrna, decides that she is most certainly worth keeping an eye on and that for the moment discretion is the better part of valour. A quick use of her cantrips, she cleans her precious footwear.

"Can we get out of this fetid cesspool now, please?"

Dekana

Explorer
"Can we get out of this fetid cesspool now, please?"
Eva steps out of the path of the draining ooze and responds "I know, right?" She makes a show of plugging her nose. "I'll get a headache if we stay near this stink too long" she says in an odd nasally voice.

OOC: Eva spends 1 surge to get to full hp. 6/8 surges remain.

Someone

Adventurer
Exploring the place a bit reveals the place to be a series of winding tunnels surrounding the central chamber with the pile of garbage, now made even less inviting thanks to the new carrion. A casual glance reveals it's been there for a very long time: the first otyugh you saw used to live there and when it burst out it stirred the pile; for what you see, things have been accumulating there for a very long time.

Otherwise there's only one exit, unless you want to come back. Lilly groans when she realizes this is another tunnel complex.

[sblock=map]
Staff106.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases