Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Best I can do is keep trying to distract it; possibly it worked for Dekana last turn.

Taking the psychic feedback she receives from the jelly's senses, Lilli uses it to target her next spell more efficiently and tries to convince the creature that Ryan's blade is more efficent than it actually is at gouging chunks out of it from the inside.

[sblock=actions]Move action to M10.

Feat:
  • Phantom Echoes: When you use an arcane illusion power and hit a target, you gain combat advantage against that target until the end of your next turn. If the illusion power has an effect that a save can end, you instead gain combat advantage against the target until it saves against that effect.
Including a plus 2 from the above feat and Targetted at the Jelly cube:

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Standard action = Roll Lookup Illusory Ambush at the Jelly Cube: Total to hit = 28, potential damage = 7.
[/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
OOC: Won't have time to make a post before tomorrow, but I am pretty sure that Ryan gets a Combat Challenge attack against the cube :D ! It's going down !

Karlowitch

First Post
Ryan defends Eva with his Khopesh as the Cube tries to reach her " better leave the lass alone! " he says, just before the monster engulfs him. Clearly, this was not part of the plan but at least Eva was out of harms way, for now.

Completely captivated by the elf aligning her clothing, Randal doesn't notice that he is in the cube before everything starts to burn around him. Desperately he cries for help and finally a small bubble escapes the cube.
It erupts as it gets outside and Randals voice can be heard yelling " CRAAAAP! "
OOC:
Shun needs to mark the Cube, since Ryan can't make immediate reactions while he is dazed. I think Ryan can stay in the cube for awhile without dying, so just concentrate on damaging the monster.

[sblock=Actions]
Ryan gets a Combat Challenge, when the blob attacks Eva. BA against AC +2, and hits AC 17. Deals 9 damage.
Standard - Attacks the Cube, while inside, using Crushing Surge. Which is a miss, but he gains 3 THP.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ryan's Stats]

Ryan Bonebreaker - Male Human Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, Speed:5
HP:19/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
Negative: dazed, ongoing acid 5 damage and grabbed.
Positive: Got 3 THP.

Powers
MBA: Khopesh, +6 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
RBA: Javelin, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage, 10/20
Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
Second Wind, Steel Serpent Strike(Used), Iron Wolf Charge(Used)
Villain's Menace, Unrelenting Mountain

Combat notes:
+2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
+2 to damage when Ryan has thp
+3 thp with each successful hit
Marked enemies get -2 to atk's and cannot shift without provoking

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Ryan doesn't get the combat challenge attack since Engulf is a single attack with two targets, and one of these was Ryan.

The cube is at 42 hp now

Karlowitch

First Post
OOC:
To GM: Are you completely sure? I am pretty sure he get's one even though it is a single attack. Luinnar, do you concur?

I will be travelling to Thailand on the 30th dec. and won't be able to post, since I will be out trekking in the jungle or staying on some remote island without internet connection :-/.

Just wanted to be upfront and discuss what we will do with Ryan. I would like him to still be part of the group and join when I get back, but that really depends on how long the adventure takes to finish. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

OOC: RE: INTERRUPT ATTACK: The cube gets 2 targets, and the DM decides which target is attacked when. If Ryan is attacked first, he is engulfed and dazed before eva is attacked. However, if Eva is attacked first, then the interrupt could have happened. It all depends on who was attacked when. Because we don't get to see if Eva or Ryan was attacked first, we can safely assume that DM fiat says Ryan was attacked first =P

RE: LEAVING ON DEC 30th: How long are you going to be gone? If it's only for a week or two, I would be glad to run your character for you, or Someone could NPC Ryan during that time. If you're going to be gone for months, though, you may want to look at gracefully exiting the adventure so that we can fill the slot (you'll want to talk to Someone about that though).

Someone

Adventurer
GM: I'm sure. Combat challenge triggers when a marked enemy makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target. The attack includes Ryan, ergo combat challenge isn't triggered.

The cube's Engulf ability doesn't say Melee 1, two attack, it says Melee 1, one or two creatures. It's not like a ranger's Twin Strike power, which makes two separate attacks: it's one attack, two targets

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Someone's interpretation is how I'd have taken it and it is how it is done in other games I've played for descriptions like that, for what it is worth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases