Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Dekana

Explorer
While the others are discussing how to get the orcs to open the door, Eva considers different contingency plans...

OOC: Does it look like we'd have trouble breaking down the door with brute force if we need to?

I'd vote on lockpicking myself, but the ambush idea is okay if that's the majority decision.

weldon

Explorer
"Why Shun...and here I thought you were the respectable type...I'm surprised in you...and have quite a bit more respect for you now!" she says, winking flirtatiously.
Uhhh, Vyrna, do you have something stuck in your eye there?

Thinking about it some more, we probably don't want to go back and drag that guard all the way over here. But it doesn't look like there's a peephole anyways. Why don't we just knock on the door and ask them to come out?

Someone

Adventurer
GM: I don't have time now for a proper update, will post after work. Looks like the consensus is to knock on the door and bluff yor way in.

Can any of you speak giant?

Edit:

OOC: Does it look like we'd have trouble breaking down the door with brute force if we need to?

GM: Sorry for not missing to post about this earlier. The door seems robust, but not built for defense. A strong man should be able to break it with some effort

Last edited:

OOC: No, but Vyrna can speak Goblin! Which if I'm not mistaken, is what replaced Giant in all of the races who could speak it.

If Vyrna is allowed to bluff her way in, she'll gladly do so. I'll make a post tomorrow morning while I'm at work, lol.

Knowing that orcs were generally dumb, brutish things who's thoughts tended to run along the patterns of killing and eating, she knew she would need to give a good, tempting reason for the others to come out and into the open.

While she had her group hide along the wall to either side of the door (but outside of its swing range), she took a few steps back into the chamber (so that she would be the sole focal point) and then shouts at the orcs inside the other room.

[sblock=In Goblin]
HEY! LET GO OF ME! HALFLING NOT FOOD! WHY YOU DRAG ME TO DOOR!? I NOT ORC FOOD! I NOT ORC FOOD![/sblock]

Then, Vyrna slams her fist into the ground as hard as she could, giving out a shout like she had been bashed into the ground. Then, she quickly rushes to her companions sides waiting for the door to open.

OOC: Nice! I got a 27 on my bluff check!

Someone

Adventurer
As Vyrna calls her bluff there’s silence beyond the door. Loud footsteps approach, and an ugly orc’s face, scarred and brutal, appears beyond. Words congeal on his lips as he sees you all, and stepas backwards as you pour into the room.

There are two other orcs in there, reaching for their weapons, (so there wasn’t 5 of them as you believed) with one of them looking like a priest of their religion. You don’t recognize what god they worship, but their sign is painted on the walls at several places: a red circle with one black spot in the center, like a red shield or a very round bloodshot eye.

Also, a large dog wakes near the priest. You’d think a dog and three orcs are no match for you, but this thing’s mouth drips molten saliva that bursts into flame when hitting the floor.

GM: Since they were actually aware of you, I don’t think you get a surprise round as the rules as written in the DMG, though the bluff was effective at making them open the door.
However, and rather than asking you your starting positions, I’ll grant you a move action to place your character. Then everyone who beats the bad guy’s initiative will get their round of actions, followed by the monsters, then the whole party.
Also if I made a mistake with your starting status (mostly hit points) this is the moment to correct me

[sblock=actions]
None yet
[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 30/31
Lily 30/30
Eva 24/24
Shun 29/35
Vyrna 22/22

Orc leader: 38
AC: 16 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:16 MBA: Spear +7 Vs AC, 2d4+2 damage.
Orc warrior 1: 46
Orc warrior 2: 46
AC: 17 Fort:16 Ref:16 Will:14 MBA: Battleaxe +8 Vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and shift 1 square
Hellhound: 92
AC: 19 Fort:16 Ref:16 Will:14 MBA: Battleaxe +8 Vs AC, 2d6+4 damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=terrain]
The central altar and the columns are blocking terrain and provide cover; this means for example that you can’t move from G8 to H9, you must pass through H8 first. The stairs leading to the altar are difficult terrain. The cave is well lit with torches.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff2.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=actions]Starting where she is so that Lilli can get to O8 might not be a bad idea to try and wrangle an area slow spell centred in L12 or maybe K12 for the orc warriors.

Lilli scored initiative:

Roll Lookup Total: 9.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads