Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Vyrna growls at the beast when it grabs Ryan.

"Let go of him you slimy excuse for trash management!"

Once again, the vampire throws her fist straight at the creatures front leg, trying to hobble it by slamming the solid iron ring covering her hand into its malformed knee.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Vampire Slam +5 vs Reflex (assuming CA from Eva's attack; if not, lower attack roll by two), 1d10+10 damage (she will not push the Otyugh).
Free: IF Vampire Slam hits, Vyrna will use:
Takedown Strike (Encounter No Action Melee 1 ✦ Martial) Mercenary Theme Power 1
Target: The triggering enemy
Trigger: Vyrna hits an enemy adjacent to her with an attack.
Effect: The target takes 5 extra damage, and she knocks the target prone.[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=*poke poke poke*] Hellooooo, it's been 3 days since I posted, anyone else feel like taking a turn? C'mon peoples, this thing is gonna rip up apart, let's kick some tail![/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
While Shun struggles to get free from his nauseating attacker, the rest of the party concentrates on the other misshapen creature. Steel and magic rains on it, but it’s surprisingly a punch from the small halfling what makes it bend a stubby knee and make it howl in agony.
GM: everyone can make now a Perception check at the end of their turns.

[sblock=actions]
Otyug 1 attacks Ryan with tentacle attack, hits AC 16 so fails.
Otyugh 2 attacks Shun with diseased bite, but rolls a 2 to hit. Bad turn for the stinky guys.
[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 21/31
Lily 30/30
Eva 24/24
Shun 29/35, grabbed
Vyrna 22/22

Otyugh 1: 15/38 HP, Marked by Ryan, grants CA, Bloodied
Otyugh 2: 22/38 HP, Marked by Shun, Slowed.

Otyughs: 18 AC 17 Fort 11 Ref 14 Will MBA: +7 Vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and target is grabbed. Aura: Living creatures within 2 squares of an otyugh suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff103.jpg
[/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
Dekana said:
"Oh dear. Can you, uh, hop down from there?"

Getting thrashed violently by the monster, Ryan can only but agree with Eva's suggestion " I...am...try..-ing...too..uoohh...! " . Putting words into action he musters his strength together and finally breaks the Otyughs hold on him.

Seeing the creature lying on the ground, Ryan quickly exploits the opportunity to land a good blow and swings his Khopesh in a deadly arc towards the Otyugh.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:Shifts to V9
Standard: Attacks otyugh 1 with Steel Serpent Strike. Hits and the Otyugh is slowed, cannot shift and marked until the end of Ryan's next turn. Ryan has CA for the attack.
Minor: Does nothing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Hey, Someone, I moved Lilli to U12, but she's still in the same spot on the map. Am I OK to move from U12? Also, I rolled pretty badly in those last few turns myself.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Also, retcon time for Eva, as she never makes to Q15. As she moves from T15 to S15, she proves an AoO from a very strange being, like a translucent, giant hexhaedron made entirely of jelly. Her Fort is hit by a roll of 18, suffers 12 acid damage and is Immobilized (save ends) at S15. You may change your standard action if you like.

The good news is, you don't have to make your Perception checks now.

[sblock=updated map]
Staff103prtdeux.jpg
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Seeing the northern-most creature fall under Ryan's onslaught, Lilli shouts a warning, "I'm going to move the light around here!"

Grimacing as she walks around her companions, Lilli steps over the fallen beast, wincing about her sandals all the way. Taking the situation in at a glance, the Light cantrip that Lilli previously weaved suddenly blinks out and is immediately recast to reappear in the middle of the cavern; the glow is placed to illuminate the second Otyugh fighting Shun.

Lilli is prepared for the ghastlyness of the sight this time and her magic reaches out and connects with the creature's mind; for the Otyugh at least, the Light cantrip suddenly becomes a focus of intense mental pain that threatens to overwhelm it. Lilli reels slightly from the feedback she receives from the creature's agony.

[sblock=actions]Move: Lilli moves to S8.

Light (At Will Minor Ranged 5 Arcane)
Target: One object or unoccupied square
Effect: You cause the target to shed bright light. The light fills the target’s square and all squares within 4 squares of it. The light lasts for 5 minutes. Putting out the light is a free action.

Free action = switches off the Light spell!

Minor action = recast the Light cantrip, targetted at the floor in the O12 square.

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Standard action = Roll Lookup Illusory Ambush at the Otyugh fighting Shun.
Total to hit = 21, potential damage = 12.

Perception check at Someone's request: Roll Lookup Total: 7

Yikes! There but for the Grace of Vena goes Lilli. That or the grace of a dodgy forum.

The Light repositioning will cover both opponents and it is a good hit this time, so I'm going to stick with it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases