Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Dekana

Explorer
Eva heads off to bed as well. Her legs are sore from the ride as it is, and she doesn't much look forward to a long walk to a bandit camp.

[sblock=ooc]Agreed, let's get to sleep at a normal time. I'm sure that later, there will be other ways to accomodate the vampire(s) in the party...[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Shun, who has been carefully watching everyone, but keeping quiet, breaks his silence.

I could use some rest, meself. If I can sleep somewhere where's no sea close by. Why anyone would choose to live out here...

I think I'd prefer we bunk together. No need to split up, I say.

His gaze falls on Vyrna and he adds...

I'd rather not be alone, I guess. Just used to sleeping in common quarters with the whole crew.

Someone

Adventurer
The house is not that big that can spare a room for every one of you, so some arrangements are made and a couple beds are improvised in the spare rooms for the less picky of you. They aren't bad, with enough straw and blankets to not feel the floor.

The toll of two days of march is heavier than the idea of hunting murderous humanoids, and it's as the morning came as soon as you fell asleep. The manor is already active, and you prepare to march. Servants and peasants gaze at you trying to not looking at you directly: some of you are stranger than these people are used to. A woman brings you a package wrapped in cloth, saying they are some food for the way.

Outside of the house, in the courtyard, Charles awaits you. A tall and lean man, dressed in animal hides, stands next to him; he lost one arm, and with the remaining hand he hold a spear on which he leans.

"This is Marit, the one who tracked the murderers to the hills"

Karlowitch

First Post
Someone said:
A woman brings you a package wrapped in cloth, saying they are some food for the way.
Ryan thanks for the food but does not leave right away. He stands before her, as if he is waiting for something. Then after a moment of akwardness, Ryan finally musters ” lass, do you have something to quench our thirst while we are away ? ”

Despite what she says he thanks her for the supplies and leaves to meet the others.

Someone said:
"This is Marit, the one who tracked the murderers to the hills"

” Well met Merit, I am Ryan Bonebreaker. ” and the warrior gives an nod in respect for the one armed man. ” so, where did these bandits go ? And what can you tell us of them? ”

Someone said:
"Er, try not to move" says the one armed man. "but you have a spider on your shoulder"

” WHAT ! ” screams Randal in panic of the creature ” Ryan, you better take those fat legs of yours and get the hell out of here ! ”. The human shakes his head in embarrassment ” I forgot that Randal has an irrational fear for spiders " and Ryan sighs "...this is going to be a long trip... ”

His gaze falls on Vyrna and he adds...

I'd rather not be alone, I guess. Just used to sleeping in common quarters with the whole crew.

Vyrna's gaze, likewise, falls upon the collection of sea-baubles and she smiles sweetly at Shun, knowing that it would only creep him out all the more.

Morning comes, and the group notices that Vyrna was not where she had layed down the night before. It isn't until they go outside that they notice her standing outside, hood drawn up most of the way. A log of the feral and hungry look that she had the night before seems to have melted away, and she, strangely, seems quite flushed with color.

[sblock=perception, DC 15] You notice a small spot of red in the right corner of Vyrna's mouth. [/sblock]

” lass, do you have something to quench our thirst while we are away ? ”

Thinking Ryan to be addressing her, and miss-hearing "our thirst" as "your thirst", Vyrna responds to Ryan offhandedly.

"Thanks, but I should be okay until tomorrow..."

” WHAT ! ” screams Randal in panic of the creature ” Ryan, you better take those fat legs of yours and get the hell out of here ! ”. The human shakes his head in embarrassment ” I forgot that Randal has an irrational fear for spiders " and Ryan sighs "...this is going to be a long trip... ”

Vyrna can't help but laugh at the irrational fear of an undead creature. An undead head to be more precise.

"Watch out Randal, I think it's using those horrible, spindly little legs to crawl it's way over to you. Watch out for that bulbous, furry body of his!"

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli tries to reassure everybody, "Oh, please don't worry. This is Lotte. She's an Arcadian Spirit Spider and really she's very passive. Mind, she's not too keen on her bristles being disturbed by others, though she might pet you if she decides she likes you."

Someone

Adventurer
Lilli tries to reassure everybody, "Oh, please don't worry. This is Lotte. She's an Arcadian Spirit Spider and really she's very passive. Mind, she's not too keen on her bristles being disturbed by others, though she might pet you if she decides she likes you."

"Er, no thanks. Ahem. I'm told you'll be doing some hunting today and you wanted to talk to me."

"The thing is, the day after the attack I managed to find a trail going in that direction"
Maris points approximately Northwest with his spear. There are two peaks in the horizon to take as reference, so following the right direction should be easy unless you encounter very dense terrain. "so I followed them. I had an idea of where they could lead, and I think I was right."

"There's an ancient stronghold build in the face of a hill which guards the entrance to the caverns under it. It's about a good day's march from here. Last time I was there was some years ago... at least five. Not a nice place, it gave me the chills, though it was empty. This time though I found signals of it having new owners, since the tracks were more numerous. Now, I thought the place was dangerous and that I didn't need to know more, so I turned back."

"About the place itself... I can't tell you much. Oh wait, I remember one detail. To the left of the gate there was a pit, which actually lead into the caverns: it must have formed much after the stronghold was abandoned. If you have trouble with the gate it may be an alternative, though I'm not sure, of course."

Vyrna nods to the tracker.

"Good, then please lead us as far as you can, then we'll take care of the rest."

Vyrna was eager to get going now that she was satiated.

"How long will it take us to get there?"

Remove ads