Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Only [MENTION=18817]weldon[/MENTION] left to post. Remember that Shun was dropped unconscious by the bad guys, but thanks to Lilli you're now at 8 HP and awake, but prone.

Someone

Adventurer
The orc’s axe crashes on the rock that was, just a fraction of a second ago, directly behind Eva’s head. She can see the grin on the bloodlusted orc and knows that her minutes are numbered, just before the small halfing comes crashing on him with impossible force. A brutal barrage of hits from her fist send the brute sprawling backwards in clear defiance of the laws of physics, until he finally hits the wall and drops on his knees. He’s about to get up when a ball of magical color from Eva strikes him, rendering the leader almost senseless.

Meanwhile, stirred by Lilli’s song, the mound of algae that was Shun acquires humanoid form once again and lashes at his tormentors as winter rages around him. Impeded by primal magic, the orc has only time to chuck a pot of glue towards him, but it falls harmlessly into the river.

On the other side of the cavern, Ryan effortlessly kicks the other orc back into the river. The waters swallow him, carrying his corpse underground.

GM: It’s your turn now

[sblock=actions]
Having given Weldon enough time to post, I think it’s evident he has RL issues and pbp isn’t in his mind right now. I think it’s probably better for all of us to NPC his character for a round or two.

Shun gets up, thanks Lilli and attacks the alchemist with his spiked chain, hitting for 11 damage and slowing him.

The leader gets up, and that’s all since he’s dazed.

The surviving alchemist uses caustic glue on Shun and Lilli, failing both attacks and moves 1 square away from them, which is his maximum distance since Shun’s form of winter herald’s form is active again and he’s slowed.

[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 21/31, 3 THP, Slowed (save ends)
Lily 27/30,
Eva 18/24,
Shun 8/35, Bloodied
Vyrna 12/22,

Leading orc: 31/92, Bloodied, Dazed TENT
AC: 19 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:16 MBA: +8 VS AC, 2d6+4 damage and target is Marked.
Orc alchemists:
Alch 1: -2/38 Dead.
Alch 2: 18/38, Slowed TENT, Bloodied
AC: 16 Fort:14 Ref:15 Will:14 MBA: +7 VS AC, 2d4+4 damage
[/sblock]
[sblock=terrain]
The river and it’s edges look slippery and treacherous. You will be Slower for sure if you try to cross it not using the bridge, and who knows what else[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff305.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Shun steps off the bridge towards the last Orc Alchemist and begins to draw a mesmerising pattern in the the air with his spiked chain; the orc's eyes follow the business end of the weapon the best they can whilst fumbling for another fiery flask to throw.

Lilli positions behind herself Shun at the far side of the cavern's river, but notices his beguiling swirl of spiked death. Just as it swings down on to the Orc's skull, Lilli uses her magic to make the spiked head of the weapon seemingly divide into multiple warheads just before the chain bashes the alchemist's skull in.

[sblock=Lilli's actions] Move action= Lilli moves to H15.

Standard action:
Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush against the Orc Alchemist, Total to hit: 25, potential damage 12.

Roll Lookup

Lilli
Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 3.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 16.
HP: 27/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 5/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Use Vulnerability
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows USED
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers USED
Shield
Hypnotic Pattern [Hypnotic Pattern Attack]

[/sblock]
[sblock=Shun's actions] Move action= Shun moves to G12.

Standard action = Weight of Earth against the Orc Alchemist, Total to hit: 19, potential damage 9.

Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
The colors fade from the tip of Eva's staff one by one until only a dark purple radiance remains. It pulses strongly and, on Eva's command, two pairs of skeletal arms burst out of the ground under the orc leader's feet. The bony hands grasp at the orc and tear at his flesh, tugging at him with weak grasps.

While the animated bones keep the orc busy, Eva retreats further to the river.

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Standard: Restless Dead vs Orc Leader hits Reflex 19 for 11 damage, Eva gains 2 THP, and the squares currently adjacent to the orc are difficult terrain for Eva's enemies TENT. (1d20+6+2=19;1d8+5+2=11)

Move: walk to L11.

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
HP:2+18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:3/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0 (encounter)
Conditions

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
Spirit Rend
[sblock=spellbook]
Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch[/sblock][/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
[sblock=Almost Back]
Hi Guys

I am on my way home again. My trip got extended a bit due to some unforeseen complications. I have been spending the last 5 days in a pressure chamber. Got stuck underwater in a wreck at 30 meters... quite the experience. It's a good thing I don't consume that much air, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this message. Anyways, I am reading up on whats happened and will be able to post tomorrow or thursday.
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
GM: To date, the most impressive excuse for late posting I had was "my house is being hit by a hurricane", but I have to admit, "I was trapped 30 meters underwater and had to spend 5 days in a pressure chamber" beats it by a wide margin.

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=Almost Back]
Hi Guys

I am on my way home again. My trip got extended a bit due to some unforeseen complications. I have been spending the last 5 days in a pressure chamber. Got stuck underwater in a wreck at 30 meters... quite the experience. It's a good thing I don't consume that much air, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this message. Anyways, I am reading up on whats happened and will be able to post tomorrow or thursday.
[/sblock]

OOC: I'm glad you're going to be back and hope there no complications from the bends!

weldon

Explorer
OOC: I'm back in town too. Looks like Neil1889 made a move for Shun, so I'll just hang back and watch the rest of the round play out. I'm ready to post next round.

Really glad to hear that you're OK after a close call, Karlowitch

Remove ads