D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 11




What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Someone: I had thought that I would be attacking the Otyugh 2 with my last attack, and didn't think I would need the push, but since I did attack the cube, could you please apply Vampire Slam's 2-square push to the South-West (which would have kept Eva from being engulfed)?

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Someone: I had thought that I would be attacking the Otyugh 2 with my last attack, and didn't think I would need the push, but since I did attack the cube, could you please apply Vampire Slam's 2-square push to the South-West (which would have kept Eva from being engulfed)?
    GM: The push won't make much of a difference since the initial attack didn't engulf Eva, merely Immobilized her. The engulf was done in the cube's turn, after Vyrna's attack, and it could have simply moved to where's now. You can however try to do the push this turn; if you push the cube far enough Eva will be freed by the Grab rules, and if you do it before Dekana posts his turn, Eva won't take the ongoing damage or be Dazed.
    Last edited by Someone; Wednesday, 30th November, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

  • #103
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli moves into the light and raises her magical orb her eye; suddenly an image of the Gelatinous protozoa appears inside the crystal, with a struggling tiny Dekana pictured inside it!

    Unsure if her spell will work, she attempts to convince the creature's senses that its victim is unusually salty.


    actions
    Move: Lilli moves to O10.

    Orb of Far Seeing +1
    Power (Encounter). Minor Action. Choose a target within 10 squares of you. Until the end of the encounter, this target is considered half as far away for the purpose of ranged attacks made with this orb.

    Minor action = Use Encounter power of Orb of Far Seeing.



    Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
    Target: One creature
    Attack: +7 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.



    Standard action = Roll Lookup Illusory Ambush at the Jelly Cube: Total to hit = 24, potential damage = 7.

    Last edited by Neil1889; Wednesday, 30th November, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

  • #104
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Someone
    Due to the retcons and interrupting actions, I'm a little confused as to the rounds... When a new round occurs and the monsters take their official turn, could you please state which round we are in (that way I know it's okay for me to take another turn). That way I don't accidentally go more than once in a round. Thanks!

  • #105
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    Someone
    Due to the retcons and interrupting actions, I'm a little confused as to the rounds... When a new round occurs and the monsters take their official turn, could you please state which round we are in (that way I know it's okay for me to take another turn). That way I don't accidentally go more than once in a round. Thanks!
    GM: It's your turn now. Post away; I'll try to be more clear in the future, at least until you get the flow of pbp combat.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Vyrna, knowing that her comrades' death could soon mean that the cube came after her, decided to lure the gelatinous mass away from its current position. Waiting until she saw that Ryan had once again gained her opponents attention, the vampire deftly skirts around the pile of muck in the center of the floor to stand across the small chamber. Reaching deep within herself, Vyrna let the necrotic energy that kept her upright to surge within her body. Bringing this energy to her eyes, she stared at the cube for a few moments, willing the thing to become hypnotically entranced. Having never dealt with such a being, it was no surprise that such an attack did nothing. Quickly realizing that her tactic wouldn't work due to the creature's lack of eyes, Vyrna switched tactics. Once again the dark energies swirled within the vampire, this time resting on her vocal cords.

    "Come, my lovely, ignore that horrid meal you carry and feast upon my flesh."

    With the words came dark power, and with that dark power came control. The giant mass of acidic jelly quickly slid across the floor, forgetting about Eva, who slid out upon the floor in a wet puddle of slimy acid. It would burn, but at least she was away from the thing...for now anyway.

    actions

    Move Action: Move as follows: from T15 > T14 > T13 > U12 > V11 > V10.
    Standard: Vyrna uses Dark Beckoning vs Cube and misses:

    Dark Beckoning (At-Will Standard Ranged 5 ✦ Charm, Implement, Psychic, Shadow) Vampire 1
    Target: One creature
    Attack: +6 vs Will
    Hit: 1d6+9 psychic damage and Vyrna pulls the target up to 4 squares.

    Free: Spend Action Point to use Dark Beckoning once more...and hits for 10 damage, pulling the cube (from it's top-right square) into V12.
    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Thursday, 1st December, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

  • #107
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    GM: Mid turn update. Eva and Shun are up, then the cube


    actions

    Notice that I moved Vyrna to where sheĺs now instead of V10 since the cube could not be pulled from V10 (there was no way to move it from there so it was closer to Vyrna), Also, with Ryan on the way this is the farthest the cube can be pulled. Itĺs however enough to get Eva out of it, even if sheĺs still within melee range.

    status

    Ryan: 21/31
    Lily 30/30
    Eva 12/24, Immobilized (save ends)
    Shun 29/35
    Vyrna 22/22

    Otyugh 1: Dead
    Otyugh 2: Dead
    Cube: 49/114, Bloodied, -2 to hit, Marked by Ryan.
    Cube stats: AC: 15 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:14. MBA: +6 Vs Fort, 2d8+5 damage and target is Immobilized (save ends)


    map

  • #108
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    "Come, my lovely, ignore that horrid meal you carry and feast upon my flesh."
    Once Eva is out of the cube, she drops to her knees and hacks up any acidic gelatin that she breathed in. "Gack... what do mean, 'horrid meal?'" she protests.

    The elf then stands and takes a moment to right herself and align her meager clothing (no doubt to Randal's dismay). Nothing seems to have burned off, she decides happily.

    Eva actions / stats
    Standard: Second Wind. Eva is now at 18/24hp and 7/8 surges. She gains +2 defenses TSNT Eva.

    End of turn: Saving throw vs Immobilized fails (1d20=1).


    PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
    Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
    HP:2+18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
    Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1
    Conditions
    +2 defenses TSNT (not included above)
    Immobilized (save ends)

    Powers
    Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
    Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
    Spirit Rend
    spellbook

    Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
    Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #109
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    406

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    Shun finally manages to get on the server reacts to the new danger presented by the cube of jelly. He swings his anchor chain around and around his head while chanting in a strange voice. The chain begins to crackle with lightning and electric blue sparks fly from the ends. With a guttural shout, he brings the anchor down on the cube, slashing its surface with the sharpened flukes.

    Actions

    Move: Shift one square to Q15
    Minor: none
    Standard: Tempest Assault
    Last edited by weldon; Friday, 2nd December, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #110
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    The heros’ attacks splatter gelatinous matter all over the cavern, proving that the weird creature can die. Vyrna and Lily find it has a mind, though reduced to the maximum simplicity. Finally Ryan charges, rending a long gash on the cube’s protoplasm, but carried by his own momentum he ends inside the cube.

    GM: It’s everyone’s turn again

    actions

    The cube tries to engulf Eva (hits 14 Ref) and Ryan (14 too). Eva avoids the hit thanks to her Second Wind bonus and the cube’s penalties to hit, Ryan can’t.

    status

    Ryan: 21/31, grabbed, Dazed, Ongoing 5 acid.
    Lily 30/30
    Eva 12/24, Immobilized (save ends)
    Shun 29/35
    Vyrna 22/22

    Otyugh 1: Dead
    Otyugh 2: Dead
    Cube: 49/114, Bloodied, -2 to hit, Marked by Ryan.
    Cube stats: AC: 15 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:14. MBA: +6 Vs Fort, 2d8+5 damage and target is Immobilized (save ends)


    map

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •