D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 14




What's on your mind?

  1. #131
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: LOL, I was thinking the same thing, glad you said it first Karlowitch... I didn't want to be pushy since this IS PbP =P

 

  • #132
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    406

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    OOC: Sorry, crazy week with work. Working on a post now.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #133
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    406

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    Shun, who has been watching for a weakness in the Cube, moves in as the Cube attacks Ryan and Eva. His chain swings around and comes down during the opening as the Cube is focused on his companions. Shun then brings the chain around again and takes another swing.

    actions

    Interrupt: Warden's Fury STR vs Fort
    Standard: Weight of Earth (target slowed)
    Minor: none
    Move: none
    Last edited by weldon; Friday, 9th December, 2011 at 01:55 AM.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #134
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    GM: Shun can’t use his Warden’s Fury power to attack the cube, since he has not marked it himself, it was marked by Ryan.

    If you want to Mark it now, notice that Nature’s wrath, the ability you use to mark, says “Once during each of your turns, you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action. This mark lasts until the end of your next turn” and you never were adjacent to the cube.

    I’ll suppose you step to 15R, make your attack and then Mark the cube, unless you post otherwise in the next few hours (going to work now)

  • #135
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    406

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    OOC: Got it. This is my first defender, so I'm still learning how the mechanics work. Since Ryan is trapped inside the cube, I think Shun should mark it. I'll shift one square to be adjacent and mark during this turn so I can use an immediate reaction next turn
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #136
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Now all the corridor is a mess of acidic jelly. What's left of the creature extends a feeble pseudopod at Shun, moments before Ryan bursts free from the now weakened beign and severs it with a kopesh strike.

    The cube's remains start liquefying and drain towards the mound of trash at the cave's center. The quietness that now reigns makes a sharp contrast with the noise your heart is making - at least for those that still have a pulse.

    OOC: Cube started his turn at 7 hit points, and rolled a natural 1 to hit. There's no need to continue the combat just to see if you have a horrible string of bad rolls.

    By the way, notice that ongoing damage takes place at the start of your turn, so Ryan should be at 16 HP with 3 THP, not at 19 HP; this was for last round's damage, not this one.

  • #137
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Splattered with viscera and acidic goo, Vyrna's feral visage quickly changes. Suddenly the minor scratches and splotches on her skin from the battle fade from view, and the miniscule vampire looks exactly as she had the moment the group had met her. Skin like alabaster and features as smooth and hard as marble. Manufactured perfection.

    The dark aura of necromantic energies that surrounded her during the fight seems to sink back into her form while she straightens her clothing and brushes off her cloak.

    "Well, that was a nuisance. Is everyone's flesh intact and heart still beating?"

    Oddly put, but you get the sense that the "halfling" is genuinely concerned for your well being. After seeing the group in action, she had a new found respect for her companions. With Ryan carrying about the head of an undead companion, and Eva throwing out spells of a necromantic nature, the vampress was beginning to think that it might be okay to relax around the group a bit.

    That's not to say that she was going to let the group know, outright, about her condition, but she might just let them figure it out (if they hadn't already).

    Blood is Life class feature
    Once during a short rest, an ally adjacent to Vyrna can willingly lose one healing surge to allow her to regain hit points equal to her bloodied value. She regains hit points equal to her bloodied value. If she ends a short rest with more healing surges than her usual number of healing surges for the day, she loses any healing surges beyond that number, but regains all her hit points.


    This means that Vyrna, had she been damaged in this fight, would now be back to full HP, since her Blood Drinker power gave her a healing surge, and that put her at 3 of 2 healing surges. She is now back down to 2 of 2 healing surges. If she is ever really really damaged and doesn't have an extra healing surge above her normal for the day, it will be interesting to see how RP goes along with the first part of her class feature (aka...who will she ask to drink from, and will anyone be willing to "share the love")
    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Friday, 9th December, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

  • #138
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli, who previously only had a strange feeling about Vyrna, decides that she is most certainly worth keeping an eye on and that for the moment discretion is the better part of valour. A quick use of her cantrips, she cleans her precious footwear.

    "Can we get out of this fetid cesspool now, please?"

  • #139
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1889 View Post
    "Can we get out of this fetid cesspool now, please?"
    Eva steps out of the path of the draining ooze and responds "I know, right?" She makes a show of plugging her nose. "I'll get a headache if we stay near this stink too long" she says in an odd nasally voice.

    OOC: Eva spends 1 surge to get to full hp. 6/8 surges remain.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #140
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Exploring the place a bit reveals the place to be a series of winding tunnels surrounding the central chamber with the pile of garbage, now made even less inviting thanks to the new carrion. A casual glance reveals it's been there for a very long time: the first otyugh you saw used to live there and when it burst out it stirred the pile; for what you see, things have been accumulating there for a very long time.

    Otherwise there's only one exit, unless you want to come back. Lilly groans when she realizes this is another tunnel complex.

    map

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •