D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 17




  1. #161
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    862

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Too bad we can only go once per "issue" presented... cause Vyrna is a pretty decent bluff (+10)!
    OOC: I think you can go, though!


    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    GM: This isn't part of the skill challenge, but an idependent encounter.

 

  • #162
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    While the others are discussing how to get the orcs to open the door, Eva considers different contingency plans...

    OOC: Does it look like we'd have trouble breaking down the door with brute force if we need to?

    I'd vote on lockpicking myself, but the ambush idea is okay if that's the majority decision.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #163
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    395

    ° Ignore weldon
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    "Why Shun...and here I thought you were the respectable type...I'm surprised in you...and have quite a bit more respect for you now!" she says, winking flirtatiously.
    Uhhh, Vyrna, do you have something stuck in your eye there?

    Thinking about it some more, we probably don't want to go back and drag that guard all the way over here. But it doesn't look like there's a peephole anyways. Why don't we just knock on the door and ask them to come out?
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #164
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    GM: I don't have time now for a proper update, will post after work. Looks like the consensus is to knock on the door and bluff yor way in.

    Can any of you speak giant?


    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    OOC: Does it look like we'd have trouble breaking down the door with brute force if we need to?
    GM: Sorry for not missing to post about this earlier. The door seems robust, but not built for defense. A strong man should be able to break it with some effort
    Last edited by Someone; Tuesday, 13th December, 2011 at 01:43 PM.

  • #165
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: No, but Vyrna can speak Goblin! Which if I'm not mistaken, is what replaced Giant in all of the races who could speak it.

    If Vyrna is allowed to bluff her way in, she'll gladly do so. I'll make a post tomorrow morning while I'm at work, lol.

  • #166
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Knowing that orcs were generally dumb, brutish things who's thoughts tended to run along the patterns of killing and eating, she knew she would need to give a good, tempting reason for the others to come out and into the open.

    While she had her group hide along the wall to either side of the door (but outside of its swing range), she took a few steps back into the chamber (so that she would be the sole focal point) and then shouts at the orcs inside the other room.

    In Goblin

    HEY! LET GO OF ME! HALFLING NOT FOOD! WHY YOU DRAG ME TO DOOR!? I NOT ORC FOOD! I NOT ORC FOOD!


    Then, Vyrna slams her fist into the ground as hard as she could, giving out a shout like she had been bashed into the ground. Then, she quickly rushes to her companions sides waiting for the door to open.

    OOC: Nice! I got a 27 on my bluff check!

  • #167
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    As Vyrna calls her bluff there’s silence beyond the door. Loud footsteps approach, and an ugly orc’s face, scarred and brutal, appears beyond. Words congeal on his lips as he sees you all, and stepas backwards as you pour into the room.

    There are two other orcs in there, reaching for their weapons, (so there wasn’t 5 of them as you believed) with one of them looking like a priest of their religion. You don’t recognize what god they worship, but their sign is painted on the walls at several places: a red circle with one black spot in the center, like a red shield or a very round bloodshot eye.

    Also, a large dog wakes near the priest. You’d think a dog and three orcs are no match for you, but this thing’s mouth drips molten saliva that bursts into flame when hitting the floor.

    GM: Since they were actually aware of you, I don’t think you get a surprise round as the rules as written in the DMG, though the bluff was effective at making them open the door.
    However, and rather than asking you your starting positions, I’ll grant you a move action to place your character. Then everyone who beats the bad guy’s initiative will get their round of actions, followed by the monsters, then the whole party.
    Also if I made a mistake with your starting status (mostly hit points) this is the moment to correct me

    actions

    None yet

    status

    Ryan: 30/31
    Lily 30/30
    Eva 24/24
    Shun 29/35
    Vyrna 22/22

    Orc leader: 38
    AC: 16 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:16 MBA: Spear +7 Vs AC, 2d4+2 damage.
    Orc warrior 1: 46
    Orc warrior 2: 46
    AC: 17 Fort:16 Ref:16 Will:14 MBA: Battleaxe +8 Vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and shift 1 square
    Hellhound: 92
    AC: 19 Fort:16 Ref:16 Will:14 MBA: Battleaxe +8 Vs AC, 2d6+4 damage.

    terrain

    The central altar and the columns are blocking terrain and provide cover; this means for example that you can’t move from G8 to H9, you must pass through H8 first. The stairs leading to the altar are difficult terrain. The cave is well lit with torches.


    map
    Last edited by Someone; Wednesday, 14th December, 2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Fixed status

  • #168
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    862

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    actions
    Starting where she is so that Lilli can get to O8 might not be a bad idea to try and wrangle an area slow spell centred in L12 or maybe K12 for the orc warriors.

    Lilli scored initiative:

    Roll Lookup Total: 9.
    Last edited by Neil1889; Tuesday, 13th December, 2011 at 10:39 PM.

  • #169
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Vyrna is actually good right where she is.

    Initiative: 18

  • #170
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Ryan grins with his weapons at the ready " let's get them ! "

    OOC: Ryan has only 30 HP's and moves to M8

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •