D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 2





+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 313
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    862

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli more or less slides off the horse, leaving a residue of what looks like cobwebs that help stay her descent. It doesn't linger long before disappearing into nothingness and she brushes it from her hands in a couple of claps. She gives the horse a friendly pat before turning to enter the building. The transparent furry green spider that accompanies Lilli scuttles around on to her backpack and observes the rest of the group with its cluster of unblinking eyes.
    Last edited by Neil1889; Sunday, 13th November, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    " well, master dwarf, it's been a pleasure to drink, boast and hunt in your company... It's just a shame we didn't catch that vampire. " and the dwarf nods " Aye lad. Too many civilians have already lost their lives to this beast, we will return and see if we can track it down. Honour to your clan Ryan! And pay my regards to Randal when he wakes up! "
    All was fine for Vyrna when Ryan and the dwarves arrived, as she hadn't a clue as to their origins, skills, or occupations. That is, until the dwarf was introduced, and doubly so when they mentioned not catching a vampire. Slowly creeping back into the shadows, so as not to be seen, the diminutive undead pulled her deep hood and cloak about her and remained stock still so that her shade colored cloak blended with the shadows around her. She kept an ear out for the departure of the dwarves, not daring to look that way, lest she catch their attention.

    Once she heard the horse shod fade in the distance, she stepped back out into the lighter shadows near the carriage and removed her hood once more and approached Ryan.

    "Well that's interesting... Your friend is the Bane of Undead, and you're part of his clan, and yet neither of you feel the need to destroy your body-less companion there," she says, nodding toward the bag hanging from Ryan's belt.


    "Does that mean that you and your kin don't feel the need to indiscriminately hunt undead, simply for the fact that they have that condition?"

    Her voice had the slightest tinge of hope in it. Likely the set up for her own emotional downfall, but that would depend on what Ryan felt about that subject.


    Beckoning Ryan to follow along while he responded to her questions, Vyrna followed the rest of the troupe toward the mansion. The mention of food intrigued her, though she seriously doubted that fair appropriate to her particular needs would be presented. Maybe she would get lucky and she would receive a particularly undercooked piece of meat she could suck the juices out of.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder
    "Well that's interesting... Your friend is the Bane of Undead, and you're part of his clan, and yet neither of you feel the need to destroy your body-less companion there," she says, nodding toward the bag hanging from Ryan's belt.
    The warrior starts to follow Vyrna as he explains " Actually, his companions did try to kill Randal when he "accidentally" jumped out of the sack and tried to eat a chicken at the market square. You should have seen the faces of the people standing there... " he says with a grin.

    " Luckily I knew some of the dwarfs and halted them in their advance. Then I had some explaining to do, which, believe me, was no easy feat lass... never the less, I convinced them Randal was harmless and gave them my word as a Bonebreaker, that there was a reason why I hadn't destroyed him " and Ryan gently claps the sack on his belt "... but I believe Randal really convinced them when he drank 10 pious whiskeys in a row ".

    He continues " I have only heard stories of Ragnar Battlebone when I was serving in the Legion. He was once one of us " and Ryan points at an emblem on his chest. The emblem depicts a laughing skeleton head in chains.

    " We had a long talk, me and him. He told me that some undeads come back to life with a purpose and that their souls will never rest until they have fulfilled that purpose. He suggested Randal was one of them and that he would haunt me the rest of my life, if I didn't help him get peace he needed. "
    then Ryan shrugs " he is undoubtedly a much wiser man than me. I just wish I knew what Randals purpose is... "

    " ...and lass, we are not of the same clan, but the Bonebreakers and the Battlebones have always been good friends "

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder
    "Does that mean that you and your kin don't feel the need to indiscriminately hunt undead, simply for the fact that they have that condition?"
    Again the warrior shrugs " most of the undeads I have met have been hostile and I doubt any undead will ever be welcomed at the bastion or dwarven capitol in the mountains but, ever since I have met Randal I believe there is a possibility that not all undeads are a threat. " and Ryan sends Vyrna hard look " As long as they don't harm innocent people and abide by the rules of the nation which they reside in, I see no problem in why they shouldn't be allowed to exist. Wouldn't you agree ? "
    Last edited by Karlowitch; Sunday, 13th November, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

  • #14
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Vyrna flashes Ryan a genuine smile. "Completely."

    Note to self...no innocents for food and...when we're done here, you might want to do some reading at the city hall.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Eva hops off her horse and spends a few moments caressing its head. In appreciation, perhaps? After that, she jogs forward to catch up with Ryan and Vyrna.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    Again the warrior shrugs " most of the undeads I have met have been hostile and I doubt any undead will ever be welcomed at the bastion or dwarven capitol in the mountains but, ever since I have met Randal I believe there is a possibility that not all undeads are a threat. " and Ryan sends Vyrna hard look " As long as they don't harm innocent people and abide by the rules of the nation which they reside in, I see no problem in why they shouldn't be allowed to exist. Wouldn't you agree ? "
    "Absolutely!" adds Eva. "There are some undead that give the rest a bad name, right? I think it's okay to put down a rampaging ghoul that's eating people, but what about the kinds that don't need to kill? Like, ghosts and zombified heads? Or even mindless skeletons that a necromancer controls? I don't see dwarves going around slaying golems just because some wizards use them for evil."

    Eva puts a hand to her chin, reflecting on something she just said. "Actually, that's not really fair for the rampaging ghoul, is it? He just reanimates one day and has the irresistible urge to feed. Hmm... maybe he should get a trial first."
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #16
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    Charles seems oblivious to the chatter while heleads you inside the house, then to a room to your left. It's decorated with a table, chairs, trophies, and a fireplace. A mantle is placed on the table and you're served food and drink.

    "Good. I don't think you've come here to waste your time, nor I want to delay you more than neccesary. I'll fill you in, though I suppose Noris has told you the most important."

    Five days ago, past midnight, this house was attacked. They killed the two guards on the gate, then another one inside the house. They ransacked the main hall, stealing some valuables, then dissapeared as fast as they came."

    "Among the things they stole was a staff, which we call the staff of Suuha. It's a family heirloom, and supposedly magical, though it's not the true reason you're here. I don't really care that much for the Staff - I have no sons that can inherit the Manor. The reason is, there are three families that have nolst a member, and this is something I can't let pass. We've been free of bandits and raiders for years, and I swear Charles Suha wil make things continue that way. So..."
    he says dropping a tingling bag on the table "There's one of these for each of you, if you bring me the staff as proof that those responsible have meet justice."

    GM: The bag sounds and looks like it contains around 100 gold pieces


    "As for who where they, I'm not sure. They were humanoids, though nobody who saw that could describe them well - it was dark and the attackers were swift. I've sent trackers, and the trail leads to the hills. We've heard of ancient strongholds being occupied there, so I think that's the best place to start a search"

    "Do you have any questions?"

  • #17
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana
    Eva puts a hand to her chin, reflecting on something she just said. "Actually, that's not really fair for the rampaging ghoul, is it? He just reanimates one day and has the irresistible urge to feed. Hmm... maybe he should get a trial first."
    The human raises an eyebrow and shakes his head " Lass... I strongly disagree " he begins " if the ghoul is already rampaging, then there is no cause to reason with it. It has already acted like a beast and must be put down like one. Even though it may be driven by unimaginable hunger, I believe that it still has a choice. " . Ryan makes a sign that they should speak more about the matter later, but right now he was more interested in knowing what the old man had to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    ...dropping a tingling bag on the table
    Immediately Randal wakes up and tries to jump out the sack, but Ryan quickly closes the container before he gets the chance. " you will be staying right there buddy! " and the zombie head moans in disagreement " I was just going to take a closer look at them...! " .

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    "Do you have any questions?"
    Ryan nods " Aye Lord Charles. How were you men disposed of, what kind of wounds? What do you know about these ancient strongholds, besides that they are ancient? How did they enter the house and breach your palisade? What other noteworthy items did they steal? "

    Last edited by Karlowitch; Monday, 14th November, 2011 at 06:56 PM.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    862

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli waits for Ryan to finish and then asks, "Master Charles, are there are still some of your trackers out there? Even if not, may we have some sort of warrant identifying us as working for you on this particular search, should we come accross any of your men or allies?"

  • #19
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    The human raises an eyebrow and shakes his head " Lass... I strongly disagree " he begins " if the ghoul is already rampaging, then there is no cause to reason with it. It has already acted like a beast and must be put down like one. Even though it may be driven by unimaginable hunger, I believe that it still has a choice. " . Ryan makes a sign that they should speak more about the matter later, but right now he was more interested in knowing what the old man had to say.


    Immediately Randal wakes up and tries to jump out the sack, but Ryan quickly closes the container before he gets the chance. " you will be staying right there buddy! " and the zombie head moans in disagreement " I was just going to take a closer look at them...! " .



    Ryan nods " Aye Lord Charles. How were you men disposed of, what kind of wounds? What do you know about these ancient strongholds, besides that they are ancient? How did they enter the house and breach your palisade? What other noteworthy items did they steal? "


    Vyrna does her best impressions of one who was invisible during the uncomfortable discussion about whether or not to destroy one type of undead or another between Ryan and the elf girl. That is, until the sound of tinkling gold coins fills the air.

    "So let me get this straight, your Lordship... You're going to pay us, not to retrieve the staff, but to get revenge on a bunch of jerks who messed with your house... I like your style, sir. You'll have my full cooperation! Are there any 'do's or 'don't's' while we're out there?"

    She flashes Lord Charles a toothy, if not entirely mischievous grin, and then quietly listens to the rest of the motley group ask their questions.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    "So let me get this straight, your Lordship... You're going to pay us, not to retrieve the staff, but to get revenge on a bunch of jerks who messed with your house... I like your style, sir.
    Eva throws in her own approval. "Yeah! We'll teach those bandits a lesson they won't soon forget." She doesn't have any questions of her own, though she is interested in hearing an answer for what Ryan asked. She perks up an (elven-ly long) ear to listen.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •