D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 20

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Dekana
    OOC: Eva doesn't have any shifting powers either - what kind of controller is she?! Shun might try to bull rush the hound away from Vyrna, like Ryan tried. The orcs are immobilized for now, so I think it's okay if you don't mark them this turn.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Neil1889
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    OOC: Eva doesn't have any shifting powers either - what kind of controller is she?! Shun might try to bull rush the hound away from Vyrna, like Ryan tried. The orcs are immobilized for now, so I think it's okay if you don't mark them this turn.
    OOC: Quick post before I set off for a long cold day at work. After the Immobilse lingers, there may be some ongoing slows and debuffs from Lilli's attack. Either way, after that wears off, there will be some falling prone from the surviving Orcs.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Someone
    Just to clarify things. I was fairly sure I could push the Hell Hound from there, but I read up on it and it says in the Players Handbook you can't cross corners when moving diagonally so I guess you are right.
    I didn't use my racial power at the beginning since I hoped I could just bull rush it by using my action point and my action surge feat. Therefore I felt no need to use it at the time. And now it is far beyond late to use that racial power.
    GM: No it's not. I explicitly allowed you to redo your actions, keeping the rolls. You can use the same or different powers

Rules question: does Pursuit of the Hunter allow Shun to shift behind the hell hound as it moves within 2 squares? The RAW don't really clarify. Is it "an enemy begins a move action and starts its turn within 2 squares of you " ? or is it "an enemy moves from one square to another, while it is within 2 squares of you at any point during its turn" ?
    GM: Now that I noticed, you don't have all the wilden aspect powers at once. You must choose one after each extended rest (I assumed you had wrath of the destroyer, since you mentioned it earlier)

About the power, looks like the intention is to the trigger to be "a enemy starts his move within 2 squares of you" to allow the player to, well, pursue him, but as RAW I don't see the reason not to allow it

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore weldon
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    GM: Now that I noticed, you don't have all the wilden aspect powers at once. You must choose one after each extended rest (I assumed you had wrath of the destroyer, since you mentioned it earlier)
    Actually, I posted that I'm choosing to use the pursuit aspect unless I state otherwise...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-...ml#post5733975
    GM: About the power, looks like the intention is to the trigger to be "a enemy starts his move within 2 squares of you" to allow the player to, well, pursue him, but as RAW I don't see the reason not to allow it
    I think you could come up with a good rationale for either ruling...

* The enemy begins to move and the wilden takes advantage of an opening to shift and attack, or...
    * The enemy moves close enough to the wilden to create some confusion and an opening for the wilden to shift and attack

I'll leave it up to you to decide. It certainly makes my warden with reach a bit more dangerous to approach in combat, but it is an encounter power that I can only use once in a fight.

That said, I would love to shift behind the hound and avoid the damage, as well as get CA for flanking.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Someone
    GM: Sorry for missing the post. As for the power, as I said I think as written you can use on a moving enemy, so you can shift behind it.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Wow, I miss a couple of posting days and the thread explodes.

Okay, so, looks like Vyrna will be taking a header here, hopefully I won't be needing to roll up a new character here. I'll get 3 death saves, right? Here's hoping for good rolls!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Someone
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Wow, I miss a couple of posting days and the thread explodes.

Okay, so, looks like Vyrna will be taking a header here, hopefully I won't be needing to roll up a new character here. I'll get 3 death saves, right? Here's hoping for good rolls!
    GM: Actually, I was wrong in the turn's post. Regeneration happens at the start of the turn, so Vyrna isn't unconscious. Yet

Gallant (Lvl 3)

26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: YES!!! I completely forgot about her regen!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Karlowitch
    OOC: I'll make a post as soon as Weldon makes his turns, then I'll change my actions. Sorry for all the commotion Somone.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore weldon
    OOC: I'm waiting on Vyrna so I don't mess her up, but assume that Shun shifts away from the hell hound.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast