D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 4





+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 313
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Eva heads off to bed as well. Her legs are sore from the ride as it is, and she doesn't much look forward to a long walk to a bandit camp.

    ooc
    Agreed, let's get to sleep at a normal time. I'm sure that later, there will be other ways to accomodate the vampire(s) in the party...
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    391

    ° Ignore weldon
    Shun, who has been carefully watching everyone, but keeping quiet, breaks his silence.

    I could use some rest, meself. If I can sleep somewhere where's no sea close by. Why anyone would choose to live out here...

    I think I'd prefer we bunk together. No need to split up, I say.


    His gaze falls on Vyrna and he adds...

    I'd rather not be alone, I guess. Just used to sleeping in common quarters with the whole crew.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #33
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    The house is not that big that can spare a room for every one of you, so some arrangements are made and a couple beds are improvised in the spare rooms for the less picky of you. They aren't bad, with enough straw and blankets to not feel the floor.

    The toll of two days of march is heavier than the idea of hunting murderous humanoids, and it's as the morning came as soon as you fell asleep. The manor is already active, and you prepare to march. Servants and peasants gaze at you trying to not looking at you directly: some of you are stranger than these people are used to. A woman brings you a package wrapped in cloth, saying they are some food for the way.

    Outside of the house, in the courtyard, Charles awaits you. A tall and lean man, dressed in animal hides, stands next to him; he lost one arm, and with the remaining hand he hold a spear on which he leans.

    "This is Marit, the one who tracked the murderers to the hills"

  • #34
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    859

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli gratefully receives the food parcel, thanks the woman and introduces herself by name to Marit with a smile.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil1889 View Post
    Lilli gratefully receives the food parcel, thanks the woman and introduces herself by name to Marit with a smile.
    "Er, try not to move" says the one armed man. "but you have a spider on your shoulder"

  • #36
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    A woman brings you a package wrapped in cloth, saying they are some food for the way.
    Ryan thanks for the food but does not leave right away. He stands before her, as if he is waiting for something. Then after a moment of akwardness, Ryan finally musters ” lass, do you have something to quench our thirst while we are away ? ”


    Despite what she says he thanks her for the supplies and leaves to meet the others.


    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    "This is Marit, the one who tracked the murderers to the hills"

    ” Well met Merit, I am Ryan Bonebreaker. ” and the warrior gives an nod in respect for the one armed man. ” so, where did these bandits go ? And what can you tell us of them? ”


    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    "Er, try not to move" says the one armed man. "but you have a spider on your shoulder"

    ” WHAT ! ” screams Randal in panic of the creature ” Ryan, you better take those fat legs of yours and get the hell out of here ! ”. The human shakes his head in embarrassment ” I forgot that Randal has an irrational fear for spiders " and Ryan sighs "...this is going to be a long trip... ”

  • #37
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by weldon View Post
    His gaze falls on Vyrna and he adds...

    I'd rather not be alone, I guess. Just used to sleeping in common quarters with the whole crew.
    Vyrna's gaze, likewise, falls upon the collection of sea-baubles and she smiles sweetly at Shun, knowing that it would only creep him out all the more.

    Morning comes, and the group notices that Vyrna was not where she had layed down the night before. It isn't until they go outside that they notice her standing outside, hood drawn up most of the way. A log of the feral and hungry look that she had the night before seems to have melted away, and she, strangely, seems quite flushed with color.

    perception, DC 15
    You notice a small spot of red in the right corner of Vyrna's mouth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    ö lass, do you have something to quench our thirst while we are away ? ö
    Thinking Ryan to be addressing her, and miss-hearing "our thirst" as "your thirst", Vyrna responds to Ryan offhandedly.

    "Thanks, but I should be okay until tomorrow..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    ö WHAT ! ö screams Randal in panic of the creature ö Ryan, you better take those fat legs of yours and get the hell out of here ! ö. The human shakes his head in embarrassment ö I forgot that Randal has an irrational fear for spiders " and Ryan sighs "...this is going to be a long trip... ö
    Vyrna can't help but laugh at the irrational fear of an undead creature. An undead head to be more precise.

    "Watch out Randal, I think it's using those horrible, spindly little legs to crawl it's way over to you. Watch out for that bulbous, furry body of his!"

  • #38
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    859

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli tries to reassure everybody, "Oh, please don't worry. This is Lotte. She's an Arcadian Spirit Spider and really she's very passive. Mind, she's not too keen on her bristles being disturbed by others, though she might pet you if she decides she likes you."

  • #39
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    Lilli tries to reassure everybody, "Oh, please don't worry. This is Lotte. She's an Arcadian Spirit Spider and really she's very passive. Mind, she's not too keen on her bristles being disturbed by others, though she might pet you if she decides she likes you."
    "Er, no thanks. Ahem. I'm told you'll be doing some hunting today and you wanted to talk to me."

    "The thing is, the day after the attack I managed to find a trail going in that direction"
    Maris points approximately Northwest with his spear. There are two peaks in the horizon to take as reference, so following the right direction should be easy unless you encounter very dense terrain. "so I followed them. I had an idea of where they could lead, and I think I was right."

    "There's an ancient stronghold build in the face of a hill which guards the entrance to the caverns under it. It's about a good day's march from here. Last time I was there was some years ago... at least five. Not a nice place, it gave me the chills, though it was empty. This time though I found signals of it having new owners, since the tracks were more numerous. Now, I thought the place was dangerous and that I didn't need to know more, so I turned back."

    "About the place itself... I can't tell you much. Oh wait, I remember one detail. To the left of the gate there was a pit, which actually lead into the caverns: it must have formed much after the stronghold was abandoned. If you have trouble with the gate it may be an alternative, though I'm not sure, of course."

  • #40
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Vyrna nods to the tracker.

    "Good, then please lead us as far as you can, then we'll take care of the rest."

    Vyrna was eager to get going now that she was satiated.

    "How long will it take us to get there?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •