D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 6


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 313
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    413
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    Aye, waiting till cover of darkness seems like a good idea, but then I can't see in the dark any better than what might be waiting for us. Perhaps the elf can take the lead and help navigate?

    But the hole? In the ground? It's bad enough to wander so far from the open water, but to actually cover ourselves with dirt and bury ourselves under rock? I'd sooner face down a school of Chuul.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder
    Vyrna nods at Randal's idea.

    "The cover of darkness would suite us better when trying not to be seen. If you would like, I can scout ahead. I don't need a torch, so it should be much harder for anything down there to detect me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldon
    Aye, waiting till cover of darkness seems like a good idea, but then I can't see in the dark any better than what might be waiting for us. Perhaps the elf can take the lead and help navigate?
    Ryan likes Vyrna's proposal and says to Shun " I believe she is a better candidate to lead us through the dark. Call it a hunch "

    Quote Originally Posted by Weldeon
    But the hole? In the ground? It's bad enough to wander so far from the open water, but to actually cover ourselves with dirt and bury ourselves under rock? I'd sooner face down a school of Chuul.

    " aye lad "
    and Ryan gives the Wilden reassuring clap on its shoulder "...sometimes bold and at times insane actions are required to succeed. Unless you have a better suggestion on what we should do? "
    OOC:
    ok, so the plan is so far:
    1: Wait till dark
    2: Vyrna scouts up ahead
    3: Perhaps move down to the pit (so far 2 PC's have said its a good idea, 1 PC has said it is a bad idea)

  • #53
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    413
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post

    " aye lad "
    and Ryan gives the Wilden reassuring clap on its shoulder "...sometimes bold and at times insane actions are required to succeed. Unless you have a better suggestion on what we should do? "
    Better suggestion? I think no. We could send in a scout, but I think we're better to stick together for this job.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #54
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Eva fidgets a little while the plan is put together. "Can't we go now, then? It will be dark in the cave anyway."


    OOC: Agree with Shun. I think it's okay if Vyrna travels a few squares in front of everyone else, but I wouldn't want us to split up entirely.
    Vyrna's darkvision beats Eva's low-light vision, so I'll let the little vamp go first. (as opposed to the elf vamp?)

    EDIT: I went ahead and gave Eva a theme, too.
    Last edited by Dekana; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #55
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Darkness comes soon. Circling to your left, it's easy to leave enought trees for cover between you and the gate. The group advances as quietly as you can hoping to not draw any unwated attention.

    GM: I'll need Perception and Stealth rolls for all involved. Also, we could save some time if you made plans to descend a pit (who goes first and whatnot) ad another Perception or Dungeoneering roll.

    Also we may need tokens for combat maps sooner or later. If you have a picture you want me to use, post it.

  • #56
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Eva creeps along near the back of the group.

    OOC: Everyone gets a +1 racial bonus to Perception while Eva is in the group.
    I'll stay at or near the back of the marching order. Eva's picture is on the wiki.
    Last edited by Dekana; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #57
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    Eva creeps along near the back of the group.

    OOC: Everyone gets a +1 racial bonus to Perception while Eva is in the group.
    I'll stay at or near the back of the marching order. Eva's picture is on the wiki.
    ooc @ Dekana
    Thank's for the +1 bonus to Perception...cause Vyrna's Perception skill is awful!


    "Allright, my pets. I'll go down first. Keep the lights low, if you must have them, but keep them away from me, as they will disrupt my ability to see. I will alert you with three taps on the wall if I find something and I am not in trouble, and if I am...you'll know it. Follow me, but not too closely."

    Vyrna takes a few forward and peers into the darkness of the pit, allowing her undead eyes to refocus into the spectrum of dark shades. Keeping a low profile, creeping along the way hunched over, sometimes on all fours, and sometimes upright (but still hunched), she looked like a predatory animal looking for its next meal.

    Stealth Equipment
    Because of her footpads and camouflage clothing she gains a +1 to the below stealth roll to move quietly, or a +2 bonus to stealth to not be seen when standing still (apply whichever is appropriate). With the below roll, that would make this 22 vs hearing, or 23 vs sight.

    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 07:08 PM.

  • #58
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    413
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore weldon
    My communities:

    Shun moves in behind Vyrna and begins to move towards the cave with the group...
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #59
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    870
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    Woodlands were once Lilli's home too and suddenly she feels right at home here, warmed and encouraged by Eva's affinity with the place.

    ooc
    Perception roll 1: Lilli +2, +1 for Eva = 14
    Stealth roll: Lilli +8 = 24
    Perception roll 2: Lilli +2, +1 for Eva = 23 (Bright eyes' natural 20.)

    Linky to Invisible Castle.




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lilli Chibi.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	50358

  • #60
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Ryan Follows Shun with his weapon and shield drawn.

    OOC:
    The walking order:

    Vyrna(scouts 6 squares in front of us), Shun, Ryan, Lilli and Eva

    To Someone: This means we are going down to the pit :O
    And my perceptions checks are one higher: 21 and 18, forgot the elven bonus !

    Token: Please use my character portrait of Ryan
    Last edited by Karlowitch; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 07:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 07:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 05:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 06:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 09:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •