D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar) - Page 8




+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 313
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    Randal suddenly wakes up " uhhh... Ryan why does my head hurt... " and takes a peak out of the hole in the sack " WHAT in the name of GODS is that THING! " he says referring to the strange creature.

    Seeing that Ryan is in motion towards the monster he yells " Don't you dare get closer to that thing! ". Ryan completely ignores Randal's request and charges the monster on the right, while yelling out to Shun " Ill take this one, you take care of its cousin. "

    Actions

    Standard: Charge Monster on the right. Should end at square 0U. Gets +1 to the attack from charging, does not hit . Regardless the monster is marked until the end of Ryan's next turn.
    Move: Not Used
    Minor: Not Used
    Character Sheet


    Ryan's Stats


    Ryan Bonebreaker - Male Human Fighter 1
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, Speed:5
    HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
    Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1 (encounter)

    Conditions

    Powers
    MBA: Khopesh, +6 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
    RBA: Javelin, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage, 10/20
    Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
    Second Wind, Steel Serpent Strike, Iron Wolf Charge
    Villain's Menace, Unrelenting Mountain

    Combat notes:
    +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
    +2 to damage when Ryan has thp
    +3 thp with each successful hit
    Marked enemies get -2 to atk's and cannot shift without provoking

    Last edited by Karlowitch; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    391

    ° Ignore weldon
    Shun nods silently as Ryan moves past to engage one of the foul creatures, and then moves to engage with the other and protect his crewmates. Shun whips the anchor chain around, sending the business end towards the creature in front of him.

    Actions
    Move: to P14
    Mark: the 2nd creature at N12
    Standard: Weight of Earth (target is slowed until the end of my next turn)


    Shun's Stats
    Shun - Wilden Stormheart Warden 1
    Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
    AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 11, Will 12
    HP 35/35, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 13/13
    Speed 6, Initiative +0
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Tempest Assault, Weight of Earth, Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp
    Encounter Powers: Roots of Stone, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Pursuit of the Hunter, Voyage of the Ancients, Wrath of the Destroyer
    Daily Powers: Form of Winter's Herald
    Utility Powers: none
    Last edited by weldon; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #73
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    ooc to party
    Let's focus fire on the Otyugh on the right while Shun keeps the one on the left busy. It'll die quicker if we all attack the same creature, then, after "Righty" is dead, I can try to lure the other Otyugh toward us with my ranged at will that pulls 4 squares.


    When Lilli's light suddenly appears above her, Vyrna instinctively finds the cover of shadow in an outcrop of rock. Vyrna's red glowing eyes pierce the darkness ahead of her, and she can see the black and white silhouette of the garbage creature appear in the junction to her left and she knows that her cover is blown. She hears her companions' shouts to her right and cringes at the sight of the creature's kin in that junction, displayed in color, in all of it's disgusting glory, thanks to the repositioning of Lilli's light.

    Vyrna watches as the elf and the gnome reposition themselves in the alcove and waggle their fingers ineffectively at the trash monster before them. Then, when Ryan charges into the fray with the beast and distracts it, she knew it was time to move quickly, or wait. She didn't like to wait.

    Circling to the right, she paused until Ryan's swinging blade had the creature's full attention, and then, when the moment was just right, she exploded into motion and rushed beside the warrior. Feeling the weight of iron on her right hand beckoning her, she instinctively swung a closed fist at the trash monster, aiming for it's right front knee, hoping to make it stumble and fall beneath its own horrid weight.



    Actions

    Free action at start: Stealth Check
    Move: S15 > U15
    Standard: Charge Otyugh on the right, ending up in T10 (one square to the left of Ryan) and attacking it with Vampire Slam with a +1 bonus from the charge:
    Vampire Slam (At-Will Standard Melee 1 ✦ Implement, Shadow) Vampire 1 Target: One Creature Attack: +6 vs Reflex Hit: 1d10+10 damage and Vyrna pushes the target 2 squares Special: Vampire Slam can be used as a melee basic attack.


    Vyrna's Stats
    Vyrna - Revenant (Halfling) Vampire 1
    Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
    AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 15, Will 15
    HP 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 2/2
    Speed 6, Initiative +5 Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Vampire Slam, Dark Beckoning, Taste of Life
    Encounter Powers: Blood Drinker, Dark Reaping, Takedown Strike
    Daily Powers: Swarm of Shadows
    Utility Powers: none
    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 06:33 AM.

  • #74
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    The shock of being attacked by such horrid and pestilent foes is too much for the party, which is unable to harm the misshapen blobs of flesh and tentacles ľ except Shun who slashes his foe with the barbed chain. They just grab their next meals and drag them to their mouths

    GM: The large spots of brown muck is diffucult terrain (not the streams at the entrance of the small ones leading to the central chamber).

    In your rolls have in mind the Otyughsĺ aura; details at the status sblock.

    Also Lily and Eva must make Perception checks.


    actions

    Otyug 1 attacks Ryan with tentacle attack, hits AC 20 for 10 damage, and Ryan is Grabbed.
    Otyugh 2 attacks Shun, hits AC 20 too for 6 damage and Sun is pulled to current position and grabbed.

    status

    Ryan: 21/31, grabbed
    Lily 30/30
    Eva 24/24
    Shun 29/35, grabbed
    Vyrna 22/22

    Otyugh 1: 38/38 HP, Marked by Ryan
    Otyugh 2: 30/38 HP, Marked by Shun, Slowed.

    Otyug MBA: +7 Vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and target is grabbed. Aura: Living creatures within 2 squares of an otyugh suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls.



    map

  • #75
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    Perception 21
    Perception 21. (1d20+7=21)

    I'll see if that roll does anything before I make my combat post.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #76
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    107

    ° Ignore Karlowitch
    " Ryan jump to the left! " the animated head yells to help his friend. Trusting his comrades decision, Ryan quickly jumps to his left to dodge the tendrils, but instead gets slammed by them and grappled by the Otyugh.

    " arghh... you said to the left " the warrior says writhing in pain. " ...It was to your other left dump-ass! " and the warrior desperately tries to get out of the monsters grasp. " MY Other Left !!! I have only one left ! "


    Standard: Attacks Otyugh 1 with crushing surge. Misses but gains 3 THP (temporary hit points).
    Move: Tries to end grab with a Athletics Check. Gets +8 to the attempt.
    Minor: not used

    Ryan's Stats


    Ryan Bonebreaker - Male Human Fighter 1
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, Speed:5
    HP:21/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
    Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1 (encounter)

    Conditions
    -2 to attacks
    +3 THP
    Powers
    MBA: Khopesh, +6 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
    RBA: Javelin, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage, 10/20
    Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
    Second Wind, Steel Serpent Strike, Iron Wolf Charge
    Villain's Menace, Unrelenting Mountain

    Combat notes:
    +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
    +2 to damage when Ryan has thp
    +3 thp with each successful hit
    Marked enemies get -2 to atk's and cannot shift without provoking

    Last edited by Karlowitch; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

  • #77
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    Perception 21
    Perception 21. (1d20+7=21)

    I'll see if that roll does anything before I make my combat post.
    GM: nothing yet. Post away

  • #78
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ° Ignore Dekana
    The dull green crystal at the end of Eva's staff momentarily flares with light as the mage focuses a spell into it. The closest otyugh suddenly thrashes back and forth, trying to dodge blows by attackers visible only to it. Ryan, too, goes along for the ride as the tentacle carrying him shakes him violently.

    Eva lets her staff drop a little and she worriedly raises a hand toward Ryan. "Oh dear. Can you, uh, hop down from there?"

    OOC: If Will 15 hits the Otyugh, it now grants CA to the party.
    Eva actions / stats
    Standard: Phantasmal Assault vs Otyugh 1 might hit Will 15. If it does, Otyugh 1 takes 9 psychic damage, grants CA, and cannot take OAs TENT Eva (until the end of Eva's next turn).(1d20+6=15;1d8+5=9)

    Move: If that attack hit, Eva moves to X7 (right past the Otyugh since it can't take OAs). Otherwise, she'll stay put.


    PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
    Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
    HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
    Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1

    Conditions

    Powers
    Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
    Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
    Spirit Rend

    spellbook

    Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
    Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #79
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    391

    ° Ignore weldon
    Shun strains his body to loose himself from the clutches of the Otyugh and whips the anchor chain around to swing the sharpened flukes into his attacker.

    Don' worry about me. Take out that other while I pin this one down.

    Actions
    Minor: none
    Move: Escape (Athletics Check +8)
    Standard: Weight of Earth (target is slowed until the end of my next turn)


    Shun's Stats
    Shun - Wilden Stormheart Warden 1
    Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
    AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 11, Will 12
    HP 29/35, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 13/13
    Speed 6, Initiative +0
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Tempest Assault, Weight of Earth, Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp
    Encounter Powers: Roots of Stone, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Pursuit of the Hunter, Voyage of the Ancients, Wrath of the Destroyer
    Daily Powers: Form of Winter's Herald
    Utility Powers: none
    Last edited by weldon; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    L4W Character: Finnian, 4th Level Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster
    L4W Character: Shun, 1st Level Wilden Stormheart Warden

  • #80
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    832

    ° Ignore Neil1889
    ooc
    Perception check, Total: 9 Roll Lookup
    Aha, wait, it'll be 10 with Eva being around. I'll assume nothing is happening yet!


    Lilli stops short of muddying her shoes in the...whatever filth it is and suddenly becomes preoccupied with wiping her sandals.

    actions
    Move action: Lilli moves to U12.

    Standard action: attempt at Illusory Ambush, but she fluffs again with total of 9 to hit: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3277709/

    Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
    Target: One creature
    Attack: +7 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

    Last edited by Neil1889; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 236
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th January, 2013, 06:32 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Replies: 605
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
    4. Replies: 486
      Last Post: Friday, 9th December, 2011, 05:04 AM
    5. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •