[Trailer] The Hunger Games

NewJeffCT

First Post
Dude, the 1/2 + 7 rule! :p

It's weird, 10 years ago 21 year-olds were fun to look at, now they look like kids...I'm getting old.

I still enjoy looking at attractive young women like Lawrence, but my age range for finding women attractive has expanded greatly.

When I was 21 back in the Dark Ages, I remember thinking that I could never find a woman over 30 attractive. Now, I never say never about any age.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Why do you say that? The book is a lot better and has more material to draw from, more depth of characters and themes. It also I think is a lot more popular so it should do well.

Marketting of the trailer, looks like 1984 theme future and limited action, action shows up 20 seconds before end of trailer, focusing on the stars...this hints at love story. Then what you take away from the trailer, sucky world, lottery to pick 12 to 18 year olds to face off in death games. Rating is going to be PG13, no big named stars. Also March release date.

As far as the books go; are the fans as fanantic as Twight & Harry Potter?

Mallus

Legend
Never read the books, but the trailer made me think: ooh, Winter's Bone meets The Running Man (with a little Demolition Man thrown in).

Piqued my interest.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Marketting of the trailer, looks like 1984 theme future and limited action, action shows up 20 seconds before end of trailer, focusing on the stars...this hints at love story. Then what you take away from the trailer, sucky world, lottery to pick 12 to 18 year olds to face off in death games. Rating is going to be PG13, no big named stars. Also March release date.

I don't see why any of this makes it bad.

What I got out of the trailer was that the movie focuses on the story and the relationships between the characters and the hopelessness of their situation more than the action, and even then the action seemed pretty well done.

I'm curious to know whether or not the protagonist actually ends up killing any of her friends. If it ends up that she turns the tables on their captors and leads a revolution to overthrow them, well, then it'll be just another boring action movie. But if she's actually forced to kill her friends to survive, suddenly it becomes all sorts of interesting.

Crothian

First Post
Likably unlikable main protaganist and a topical 1 vs 99 theme.

I think by calling it that you are doing a disservice to the over 100 years of dystopian science fiction. This is one of the common themes in science fiction and has always been topical.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I've only read the first one so far...pretty good book. In the trailer, the people of the district look waaaaay too cleaned up. And, they did a great job of making her look plain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases