[Trailer] The Hunger Games

Agamon

Adventurer
The Hunger Games - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Doesn't look too bad, but will it manage to do well enough at the box office to warrant adapting the next two books?

The first book sets up the other two. It even ends in, not so much a cliffhanger as a "I wonder what happens next?" So yeah, I'm sure it's being developed as a trilogy of movies.

The edginess over other YA book adaptions like Harry Potter and Twilight will help. And the theme of the books will hit home for a lot of people these days, too.

Krug

Newshound
Not a great trailer, and they even make the gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence look plain.

[MENTION=752]Iku Rex[/MENTION] - the youtube link is broken.

Maybe they'll pretty her up in the interview scenes; one aspect of the books which make the series stand out for me.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Not a great trailer, and they even make the gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence look plain.

For a second there I thought, "OMG! Pedo!" Then I realised that Jennifer Lawrence was Raven/Mystique in X-Men: Origins. I don't know about her looking plain, but she definitely looked young; I didn't recognise her and thought she was some new sixteen year old actress :erm:

Also, how is it that everyone else knows about all these 'young adult' titles that are so popular these days and yet I never find out about them until a movie comes out and gets talked about here? Anyway, all the other YA movies-based-on-best-selling-books that have come out in the last few years have completely sucked, primarily because the source-material was so lame; this one actually looks like it might be pretty decent.

NewJeffCT

First Post
For a second there I thought, "OMG! Pedo!" Then I realised that Jennifer Lawrence was Raven/Mystique in X-Men: Origins. I don't know about her looking plain, but she definitely looked young; I didn't recognise her and thought she was some new sixteen year old actress :erm:

Also, how is it that everyone else knows about all these 'young adult' titles that are so popular these days and yet I never find out about them until a movie comes out and gets talked about here? Anyway, all the other YA movies-based-on-best-selling-books that have come out in the last few years have completely sucked, primarily because the source-material was so lame; this one actually looks like it might be pretty decent.

Lawrence was born in 1990, which makes her 21. Perfect age for a guy like me in my mid 40s! ;)

I find out about them because my daughter is almost 9 years old and a pretty good reader (she finished the Harry Potter series this year). I was looking for another series for her to read and saw The Hunger Games in a prominent location at a local bookstore - however, I think it's a bit too mature for her at this time. I think she's moving on to Percy Jackson next, but who knows? She's probably a few years ago from Young Adult stuff.

However, I filed it away for reference and remembered it when I heard Lawrence has been cast in the lead role.

Agamon

Adventurer

I was all, "Yawn, another lame-o YA series...wait, kids killing each other in a deadly televised arena? Maybe I'll check it out." :p

And it's pretty good. Likably unlikable main protaganist and a topical 1 vs 99 theme.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases