Proof --Terra Nova # 8/Season I 2011

+ Log in or register to post
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Jamaica (Queens) New York. Work in Manhattan, sees the world on the Internet/Now Poket PC.

Ignore Truth Seeker

Proof --Terra Nova # 8/Season I 2011

Proof

Maddy's life is in danger after she learns a secret about one of Terra Nova's top scientists. Josh makes a deal to bring Kira back from 2149, which could be trouble for the colony.
    'New Signature coming soon...'

Thought this was a good one.
    Signature:
    All I need is minions and I would rule the world.

Links updated: 2010.Oct.23
    Threads to reference:

DM ADVICE ---Maps and Other Campaign Resources --

What the... mera can pull holigrams from 2145???

I really thought she just had a way to send messages, but that is 100% real time...

why wouldn't terra nova have that
    I'm with D&D...Any Edition

Ignore BrooklynKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by GMforPowergamers View Post
    What the... mera can pull holigrams from 2145???

I really thought she just had a way to send messages, but that is 100% real time...

why wouldn't terra nova have that
    Because I'm betting "Daniel" figured out the technology for Real Time communication after he "vanished". I'm guessing that he's the 6'ers true leader.

He's the one that would have contacted "the future" and set up the infiltration of the 6th pilgramage.

My guess at this point in the game, is that Terra Nova is not in the past, it's on another planet. Maybe 85 million light years away on the other side of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
    Because I'm betting "Daniel" figured out the technology for Real Time communication after he "vanished". I'm guessing that he's the 6'ers true leader.

He's the one that would have contacted "the future" and set up the infiltration of the 6th pilgramage.

My guess at this point in the game, is that Terra Nova is not in the past, it's on another planet. Maybe 85 million light years away on the other side of the universe.
    This could explain why *some* of the dinosaurs don't appear to correlate to actual species.

Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post

I thought Maddy said in the pilot that it was an alternate timeline and why they did not have to worry about the Butterfly Effect - this was when they were looking at the "probe" and saying why it was never found in the future.

But then...they seemed to have forgotten that.
    Signature:

Threads to reference:

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore jcayer
    Do any of us really think a probe would last 85 million years? I have a lot of issues with the confidence they use when saying it's an alternate Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by jcayer View Post
    Do any of us really think a probe would last 85 million years? I have a lot of issues with the confidence they use when saying it's an alternate Earth.
    Kind of thought that was going to a sub-plot of the show; how some thought it was earth's past, others a different timeline and others still an alternate earth.

Still stay the group's future will become the ET's of our time.
    Signature:

Threads to reference:

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

GM's Day CMG

Ignore Mark CMG
    Continued tech faux pas aside (and they *are* outrageously egregious), the more mundane plot holes they keep adding are piling up fast. Just this episode they have added another murderer (back home and now attempted murder here) in the form of the Prof assistant. It would have been so much easier to have it discovered that they Prof died naturally and the assistant found a way to take his place. Not legally, of course, but without needing a complication like they have now introduced in having to deal with a second murderer.

Speaking of which, is it really possible that the Commander doesn't know who the spy is? Clearly, he knows that Boylan has tons of information about the tech that Mira possesses, that is supposedly a closely guarded secret. If the Commander didn't know about this tech and somehow Boylan does, then clearly Boylan has been in much more recent contact with Mira and knows stuff that Mira wouldn't trust to anyone outside of Sixers unless they were in league. So, given all of that, how is it that the Commander still sends Carter (? exiled murderer ?) to Mira's camp with the goal of finding out who is the spy?

(Also want to voice my vexation over not keeping the chip-replacer in the shielded location, having the door release only on the outside of the (holodeck) room, and having an access tunnel too small to be actually accessible. Being a bit loose with the details of tech is one thing, over-contrivance for plot purposes is something else. This is unlikely to get any better without replacing a writer or two.)
    Fighting Fire - Ernie Gygax Relief Fund

Please, help boost the signal!

http://tinyurl.com/gygaxrelief

As always,
    Mark CMG
    CreativeMountainGames.com

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Deset Gled
    This was the first episode so far where I've been happy about the balance between serialized vs. episodic plot lines. It wasn't perfect, but it was a big step in the right direction.
    We're sorry, we are unable to Cthulhu.boat. Please migraine the cattle prod when the fat guitar makes wallpaper. If the sun is too long, take five ducks and melt them on a post. Thank you for your Volkswagon. -SJ

• + Log in or register to post