Upcoming Adventure Review

Systole

First Post
The proposal I submitted is a solo adventure and doesn't play well for more than 1 or 2. I have a second adventure that's multi-player. The only thing I've been waiting on is who/how many/what level in order to spec out the encounters for APL. If it's for 3 x 6-7th level, I can submit tomorrow.

Satin Knights

First Post
I have "From the Sea", a standard pathfinder module like Crypt of the Everflame, sitting here that I would like to run. It is an island adventure I would be plopping in off the coast of Illi Esse. It is designed for four 6th level characters. I think it really needs five 6th levels or six 5th level characters to run smoothly. It can easily support a couple 7th level characters mixed into the group.

I haven't submitted it for judge review yet, because most of the high level players available are judges, and I wouldn't want to taint and disqualify one of them from playing. Since it is a standard module it doesn't need any tweaking other than keeping treasure locked in tighter to our LPF plans. I have already done a number crunch, so I know how many times people are expected to level and such.

Do I need to do a pre-run submission for judge review? It is prepackaged PF, and not a conversion.
Do I keep that submission just a number crunch so as not to taint the judge from playing?
Since this is a module, it plays tabletop in about 10 hours, and would probably run 10-12 months. In game, it could go 1-4 days.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
SK, I don't have a problem being Judge if all you are submitting is a spoiler free number crunching. As It was explained to me, Judge's only need to do that and check encounters for appropriateness. In the unlikely event a DM needs to takeover we will just have to find one not playing since the Judge won't be eligible.

When will Fury be available?

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk is currently 5th level, and could probably be bumped to 6th level, or at least very close to it, with my remaining DMCs if need be. I'll probably be resubmitting him for reapproval late this week after I've had time to work some more on my job situation and am convinced that I like the path I'm taking with him.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Do I need to do a pre-run submission for judge review? It is prepackaged PF, and not a conversion.
Do I keep that submission just a number crunch so as not to taint the judge from playing?
In case I wasn't clear from my phone (too brief). Yes, a submission needs to be done, but I think it can be just an outline for the number crunching and modifications you made to the source material. You don't need to be copying and pasting things from the PDF, I don't think. I didn't.

I think it can be done spoiler free for Judge approval.

jkason

First Post
FYI, since I only mentioned my GM's and told my current players, I'm out of town most of the week visiting family in the hospital. Limited time online, so I won't be going anywhere near starting Kostry Kopec until late this week / next week, though it is still an option for folks of the right levels (6 level 4's, or 4-5 folk of level 4-6 who average out to 5).

GlassEye

Adventurer
In case I wasn't clear from my phone (too brief). Yes, a submission needs to be done, but I think it can be just an outline for the number crunching and modifications you made to the source material. You don't need to be copying and pasting things from the PDF, I don't think. I didn't.

I think it can be done spoiler free for Judge approval.

That's the way Mowgli and I worked it with Crypt of the Everflame.

Satin Knights

First Post
OK. I sent off a submission writeup to the lpfjudge@gmail.com account. It lists the number of critters and traps per encounter and the CR/XP for the encounter. The special issues of the module have been laid out in vague terms as to how they will be dealt with. The special issues are a little spoilerish, but not enough that I would disqualify someone from also playing. XP + TXP should raise 5-6th level characters to late 8th level but it is unlikely they will exit at 9th without using DMCs or the adventure running long. Poor villagers cannot afford to pay TGP at the end, so it will be mixed in as "higher than normal" loot pickups with only a token villager thank you gift at the end. No shopping on the island. Some common shopping items inserted as loot. Map location: arbitrary four days ride north of Venza, then 10 miles out to sea. Adds a fishing village and an island. Ancient Illi Esse outpost, without having to travel all the way to Illi Esse.

Even though the module name is "From Shore to Sea", the game name will be "The Isle of Dread" just to be spookier.

Summary: "The Isle of Dread", preferred 5-6 players, min 5th level, max 7th level, run time: about a year, leveling: after qualifying encounter, shopping: no, exit: most likely 8th level, posting rate: daily.

Edit: Strike that name. It is already in play. Pondering a new name.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases