Upcoming Adventure Review

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=3565]Scott[/MENTION], I dunno. I am not reading the thread, I do not have the time. If there are any players there have not posted here you can give them a heads up.
[MENTION=46684]Tinker[/MENTION], I gave you feedback, IIRC. Is it loaded into Google Docs yet and has the Expected Treasures vs. Actual Treasures all figured out? I don't mind giving you feedback and getting it ready for approval. But I probably will not have time to ride shotgun because of below.
[MENTION=40136]SS[/MENTION]21, Others are working on something level 1-2. If I run something for 3+ there is no limit to number and anyone DMing has priority if they want to play. I will take 2nd levels that are almost 3rd since their gear will make them better than recently leveled 2nd level character.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I have a vignette sent, still waiting to hear feedback. sent on 25 march.

The document is unopenable and I get a file corrupted message whenever I try. I assume it's because of a problem with Open Office. Copy the text of your document, go into Google Drive and create a new document instead of uploading. If you can do that I'll try to take a look at what you've got.

Mr.Tinker

First Post
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]

Sorry, I have missed that message :-/ . Yes, I borrowed a friends account and did as you suggested. I will send you a PM with the link. I still have no idea how to calculate expected treasures vs actual treasures. Could you help me with that? Ok, no worries, I am sure that someone else can help out... right ?

Systole

First Post
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering#TOC-Table-Treasure-Values-per-Encounter

Basically, whenever you have an encounter, find the CR, then use that table to find out how much wealth it should generate from the 'Fast' column. Not every encounter needs to have treasure, as long as it balances out in the end and it doesn't get too far ahead or too far behind along the way. And while I haven't seen your proposal, you probably want to aim for like ~4 enounters your first time out of the gate, including skill or RP challenges.

Mr.Tinker

First Post
OK, so if the average party level is 1, then its 400 gp each encounter :) . will update my docs tomorrow. Thanks for the help !
By the way, I am looking for a judge, if you are interested ;-)

Systole

First Post
OK, so if the average party level is 1, then its 400 gp each encounter

Not quite. You want to compare the CR of each encounter. So if you throw two CR 1 beasties at the party, that makes it a CR 3 encounter worth 1200 gp.

For live tabletop games, you want encounter CR to start at APL, maybe less if you're looking at a RP-oriented, non-optimized party. I've found that PbP does better when you tend to go for a lower number of APL+1-ish encounters, though.

Send your adventure link to lpfjudge@gmail.com and I'll take a look and give you some advice. Can't promise to judge it, though.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The treasure per encounter table is labeled APL, but we've found it's better to use the CR of the encounter. It doesn't make sense to say that the Giantish Warband will have more treasure if they're challenged by an 8th level party than if they're challenged by a 3rd level party. They have the treasure they have, and if the 3rd level party can take it they're entitled to it!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have done some "Tweaking" on the adventure, so for those looking at mine, you may want to re look at it.

Remove ads