Upcoming Adventure Review

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay. I have finished Darkness Rising so we have a few more heroes that are idle. Grouping them by level, we have:

10th - 11th: Breninyr Hydref, Cythera e'Kiernan, Orlando
7th - 8th: Sylla the Grim, Kalgor, Larissa who may be vacationing the summer instead, Tyrien e’Adrianne , Agno Phoenicus
3rd - 5th: Dolgrin Truddiggun maybe, Maui, Vincenzo, Quillian Barthonly as filler
1st: Seramil Volenski, Kae'than, Harkoz D'Vorza maybe, Llotah, Belendwar Thysenkrupp

I skipped a few others because they have been too quiet lately to expect them being available.

I have found an eleventh level adventure that would be worth running, but it is brutal and only three heroes going in would invite a TPK. Sylla is the only one eligible and having DMCs to jump up into the 10th-11th bracket. Even coming in at 9th, she should survive.

I have a nicely devious 5-9 PFS module that I could run for the 7ths. At least that one is a bit shorter than the 11th. It is only a few encounters.

I really don't have anything catching my eye for the first level characters. But, someone has to step up and get them rolling in something. If that doesn't happen in the next week or two, the players may get bored and disappear. Its starting to look like Sugar Silk may have already got bored and moved on.

There is a possibility of splitting up the first level characters and shoe horning them into the games that have lost players. But, only if the current GMs want to work that in. Some of those games are getting down to 3 players. But, of course, the one game that is coming back by the DWI for healing is running a full 6. C'est la vie.

So, who wants what?

sunshadow21

Explorer
I can try to get something up and running for the 1st levels. My schedule is starting to balance out a bit. It wouldn't be long, but it would be better than nothing.

Satin Knights

First Post
A first adventure should be two to three encounters. That gives the player a good taste of what play by post is like and might just get them up to second level. So, short is good for the newbies. PFS 4 hour scenarios work well with 5-6 encounters. I am finding out that full Paizo modules, which are 12 hours at a table top take 18 months to get through when doing PbP.

Bren could bump to 11 just fine. But, what I am worried about is with 3 in a party, if one goes down unconscious with one unlucky roll, the others get trapped and mobbed too easily. So, going to 12th is far less advantageous than having a fourth person in the party. At that level, save or suck spells can really suck for a small party. If we can get Systole interested, then it is five bodies going into the breach. The odds of survivability go up drastically.

Of course, but at 10th level, those that haven't paid in advance for their raise dead scroll to be held by the church, for those times of need, are walking the tight rope without a net anyways.

GlassEye

Adventurer
More info for the list:

Borric Hawkins (9), Sylvain Marana (9), and Zelena Andu (8, soon to be 9) will be available in three weeks or so. I need a break from DMing since I've been running one or two adventures almost since LPF started and I'm getting a bit burnt out. Those PC's players have said they would wait until I'm ready to pick up again but I would feel bad if it took longer than a month for me to get back in the swing of things.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Agno. He hasn't quite turned out like I expected and I'm not sure if I'm going to let him sit idle for a bit and take a break or retire him and try a different concept. No concepts are clamoring to be played so I'll likely just let him sit while I think about it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay. I am planning to bring the Devil We Know players back to the DWI frequently to change players around.

So revised grouping by level:

10-11th: Breninyr Hydref, Cythera e'Kiernan, Orlando
9th: Borric Hawkins, Zelena Andu, Sylvan Marana
7-8th: Sylla the Grim, Kalgor, Larissa (on Hiatus), Tyrien e’Adrianne , Agno Phoenicus
3-5th: Dolgrin Truddiggun maybe, Maui, Vincenzo, Quillian Barthonly as filler, Galandra, Amien, Menik, Lem, Iago (on Hiatus)
1st: Seramil Volenski, Kae'than, Harkoz D'Vorza maybe, Llotah, Belendwar Thysenkrupp, Lydia, Tsaaruk

SK said:
I have found an eleventh level adventure that would be worth running, but it is brutal and only three heroes going in would invite a TPK. Sylla is the only one eligible and having DMCs to jump up into the 10th-11th bracket.
Even coming in at 9th, she should survive.
Considering that our trio was not optimized, something designed for 4-5 11th levels might be bad news. Also, we already sort of skipped actually playing at level 10 since both GE & I used DMC to catch our characters up to Bren. IIRC, we only really even played 1-2 encounters at the previous level so I am still learning about what Cythera can actually do. While I like a challenge, I still also like to enjoy the ride. ;)

With the spread of character levels I have in Devil We Know, I am not going to be able to run with 6 characters ranging levels 1-4. The first encounter could handle range of 1-3 and that many characters, but not the follow-on encounters. I will bring the group back into the DWI and I can continue with a group of level 1-2 or level 3-4.

If SS21 is looking at the 1st levels, then Lydia and Tsaaruk can go into that game. I can take Maui and Vincenzo into the next encounter(s) of Devil We Know. A party of 6 is sort of big for that, but I think I can manage the tweaks okay.

Systole

First Post
I'm with PM on this. I definitely prefer to enjoy the ride ... which actually begs the question as to what I'm going to do with the DMCs I have. Can I create Godzilla and have him rampage through downtown Venza?

Remove ads