Upcoming Adventure Review

Satin Knights

First Post
I have reviewed "The Curse of the Brown Auroch".

Awesome!​

You are ready.

Since I read through the adventure to review it, I will be the judge that looks over your shoulder and helps along with any questions. If there is a rulings dispute or question, I, as the judge, would be the one to settle it. I would also take care of the paperwork at the end, making sure the XP and GP numbers at the end are correct.

To start the game:
1) Post a new thread in the games forum with a title of "[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch". That first post is for an introduction of the game, and tracking of the major important details. Good examples of the first post are Tower of Power, The Devil We Know, Part II, or the overkill style I use at The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets. The first post should contain the adventure's name, a one liner maybe as a game description, who the GM, judge and players are. A spoiler spot for tracking encouters and treasure.

2) The GM create a second post. In there, you can stick extra notes, the "Rules" and "Expectations" section. Feel free to clone what we have used in the past. The two big points are "Group Initiative" vs. Sequential. Group runs faster and is more organic in my opinion. Sequential is traditional, but can drag a single round of combat out to 7-10 days for larger groups. Second Big Point; "When do characters level?" We have mostly used, "Characters are eligible to level when they have accrued enough encounter and time based XP, but that is delayed until the end of the current combat." So, you may 'ding' during the middle of a fight, but not actually get the benefits until the fight is over. The other method is "at predetermined plot points", but that doesn't work well after first level because they all advance on their own schedules.

3) Have the judge post the third message in the thread as "his placeholder" for anything he needs to track. It may not be used, but it is easiest if the judge has a place to put notes.

4) Go to the DWI thread. Have your intro NPC start the story. Start recruiting. The "back room" of the DWI has been a long time favorite of making the introductions and explaining the adventure and getting a group organized. Once you have the group...

5) In Rescue at Boar's Ridge, I went overboard a bit and copied the beginning of the story from the DWI into the next posting in the game thread. It was condensed a bit, but it was a good story start that I didn't want to get lost in the DWI thread.

6) Send the players on into the game thread. And you are off and running.

7) Grog, Marla, and Trixie are communal NPCs that you can use and speak as during the DWI recruiting process. I can't find a good example of it right now, but Grog's common is quite broken and he speaks in red. Found it.

Grayn

First Post
Great!

I am going to hold off until closer to the weekend, so I have the free time to dedicate to the recruitment thread. It will also give me a chance to make up some maps.

Stand by for incoming adventure!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=6705164]Grayn[/MENTION], since you are going to be running that your Dimb'antar Thuk would not be eligible to play in, I can work him into Devil we know without too much wait. Depends how fast the combat runs.

Since we have a potential DM (Khisanth the Ancient) for the 1st levels and we have several that are waiting around (not so you'd notice from activity in the DWI), I will start recruiting a very short 1-2 encounter thing tomorrow with potential for more until Khisanth is ready. I will be his Judge so it really will just be me riding shotgun on the same group either way once he is ready to go.

I just need a Judge that will volunteer to sanity check CRs and double check numbers afterwards.

Grayn

First Post
Thanks PM, but I'm going to hold off on playing another adventure at the moment. I want to focus on GM-ing (both here, in PFS and I'm about to start running an AP). In short, I don't want to take away from my GM responsibilities by over-extending myself.

I should be starting up my recruitment on Friday. Haven't had anytime to sit behind the computer this week. :(

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=6705164]Grayn[/MENTION], I have a character in Devil you know, if you want a chance to pick on me!

Systole

First Post
Tower of Power has finished, so I'm going to take a short GMing break and then get another adventure going. I've got a fun idea that I can adapt to just about any level of group. What levels should I be targeting?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
@Grayn , there are some discussions going on regarding temporary retirement of characters. With a few weeks before SK's high-level game kicking off and there are only beginning discussions going on regarding games for my 8th & 9th level characters, I might make a 3rd level character while one of those are parked for a prolonged period. I have a 1st level sorcerer from another game that I could quite easily convert to LFP and level up to 3rd to fill in a spot if recruitment is looking light.
@Systole and @jackslate45 , other than SK's game for the 9-11th levels, there is nothing in the works for the few characters around 9th level that are not planning to play in it. There may be a need for one or two games in the 8-9th level range yet. It is hard to say, but with Agno retiring and some people being inactive, there may not be more than 2-3 characters around 8th level currently waiting. Once we stop RPing in GE's game that will bring Borric and Syl back around as well for two 9th levels. Syl could go for SK's game, but I will still have either Cythera or Borric available along with Tyrien. Zelena is not going to be continuing in LPF, SD emailed me leaving LPF so she will not be a factor in future planning it looks like. Do you guys have an estimate about when you might be ready to start up?

Edit: Gerald007 already said he plans to use Syl for SK's game.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
I'll tune my adventure for 8-10 then. Startup would be about 3rd week in September. Honestly, I don't know how you GM so many games, PM. I can do one at a time before head asplode.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am very organized. ;) I am generally always running 9-10, so maybe it is practice? Not all of them are in combat at the same time and pretty much all are using published materials so I am not making up a bunch of stuff. I have a stack of file folders, each game has its own folder for notes and my sheets for managing combat.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases