Upcoming Adventure Review

Systole

First Post
From what I've seen in PbP (and expanding from my RL GM experience), it seems like the ideal PbP adventure is about 4 encounters in length, which translates to about three months of time or so (give or take, depending on group size and encounter complexity). Beyond that, you tend to run in to attrition issues.

P.S. I sketched out a rough draft of an adventure for LPF. It should be fairly easy to adapt to player level, so once I finish my differential equations final and figure out what my class & workload will be, I'll actually submit something.

IronWolf

blank
From what I've seen in PbP (and expanding from my RL GM experience), it seems like the ideal PbP adventure is about 4 encounters in length, which translates to about three months of time or so (give or take, depending on group size and encounter complexity). Beyond that, you tend to run in to attrition issues.

I tend to agree with this. Three months of real time seems to be the sweet spot for PbP games.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
P.S. I sketched out a rough draft of an adventure for LPF. It should be fairly easy to adapt to player level, so once I finish my differential equations final and figure out what my class & workload will be, I'll actually submit something.
Cool. :)

Just need a Judge other than myself and Mowgli to be available to review it. If Fury will have wrapped up his solo-thing by then, that would eliminate GlassEye too.

Qik

First Post
Just wanted to put the feelers out, and get a bit of advice if possible.

I'm starting to stew over another adventure, likely to be started sometime in the moderate future (I'd likely wait until Fury's adventure is over, which is still a way's away). With that in mind, does anyone have suggestions for a rough APL to center my thinking around? I was thinking 4-5, since there's a lot of adventures currently running in the range of 3 that'll probably be wrapping up by the time this adventure is ready to go.

Not much to go on, I know, but I just thought I'd see if others had some thoughts.

I'm thinking an episodic adventure, a structure which would allow for PCs to come and go if desired/needed (sort of how "Uncertain Whereabouts" had two distinct parts).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think we are waiting a Judge to approve Systole's adventure and we have one waiting on players now.

Daggers at Midnight is going to come to the DWI to recruit very soon too. Maybe there are some players lurking around that will be interested.

Qik

First Post
Alright, well, it sounds like we have a few adventures ahead in the queue (I assume the one PM mentioned is jkason's for APL 5), so that means there's no major rush on my end. Feel free to keep weighing in, All, but for now, I'll keep an APL of 4 in mind.

Systole

First Post
I was under the impression that you guys were NPCing in some other thread and/or waiting on Fury. If that isn't the case, then I'll bang out a first draft tonight, since I've got nothing else to do. I will plan on 2 PCs at 5-6 APL unless otherwise noted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases