General Discussion

Qik

First Post
Hooray for Living Pathfinder's promotion to the status of an official living world here on EN World! It's nice to see, and well merited, in my opinion.

Just wanted to say thanks to IronWolf and the others for handling the transition. Plus, I figured we'd need a general thread over here. :p

jkason

First Post
Excellent! I had no idea this was happening. :)

So, are we running adventures in this forum, too? (i.e. do we need to move ongoing adventures here) or is this forum meant for strictly OOC discussions?

IronWolf

blank
So, are we running adventures in this forum, too? (i.e. do we need to move ongoing adventures here) or is this forum meant for strictly OOC discussions?

The primary goal in my mind was to have a better location with the full forum feature-set to replace the purpose of the social group. Sticky threads alone should make a wonderful improvement and help us track/reference wiki information better.

I think the moving of adventure threads would certainly be up for discussion if people want to weigh in with their thoughts on whether to request they be moved here or remain in the main Playing forum.

Qik

First Post
Personally, I'm not sure how I'd like having the IC games side-by-side with the OOC discussions. If there'd be a way to keep them separate within the LPF thread, great, but otherwise, my first reaction is to keep them in the "Playing the Game" thread. But again, that's just a first reaction.

I am excited to have full posting functionality in the OOC threads now. And yes, sticky's will be a welcome change to having to wade through old threads any time you wanted to find something.

IronWolf

blank
Personally, I'm not sure how I'd like having the IC games side-by-side with the OOC discussions. If there'd be a way to keep them separate within the LPF thread, great, but otherwise, my first reaction is to keep them in the "Playing the Game" thread. But again, that's just a first reaction.

This is my first reaction as well. That was one nice thing about the Social Group - it was all OOC all the time. Which was sort of nice!

Plus, having our LPF threads in the main Playing the Game forum will keep us visible to folks that are new to the site and not know about the Living Worlds and such.

Systole

First Post
Is it possible to have sub-forums in this forum or no? Personally, I'd prefer one-stop shopping. My vote is put everything in here.

jkason

First Post
I believe the other living worlds keep their games in their forums. Which, yes, is a bit more of a jumble in terms of play/ooc. However:

* It's easier to see what's actively happening LPF-wise if someone's interested in checking in on a game (or someone's forgetting to check in on a game, as the case may be) than trying to sort through the general playing the game forum.

* While posts in the general play thread may arguably increase visibility, conversely, seeing a lot of active games when a curious party visits this forum may help encourage the curious to join ("ooh! look how many games are going on. This must be an active place.") as opposed to asking prospective new folk to sort through the wider sprawl of the general play forums.

* It strikes me that having all LPF activity in the LPF forum tends to justify the dedicated forum. The argument, I presume, is that there's enough stuff exclusive to the topic of LPF to split it off from the wider whole.

Just thoughts. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases