General Discussion

IronWolf

blank
I think this already has enough to pass, but I will add my YES as well. I like falling back to PFS rulings when there are questions about corner cases.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Feedback Needed - Monk Question - Brass Knuckles

Hi! A quick question, I can do another thread or whatever if anything requires discussion.

Core Books state that a Monk using Brass Knuckles uses his/her unarmed damage as opposed to the damage of the weapon (which is 1d3). Sean Reynolds has posted that in the newest errata an error was made and the Monk's ability to do this should be removed, causing the knuckles to do only the base 1d3 damage. The SRD doesn't change text unless it is officially published, either in a book or errata, but I wanted to get the groups take on it. I am considering looking into a +1 knuck for Audra (might add a quality to it as well). The price is +1 for each set of kunckles, I assume and not for a pair. I know she can do lethal damage with her unarmed strikes, but I'm looking for a way to enhance her. As we discussed previously, there is a very limited amount of stuff that will enhance a Monk (a ring or a cloak, that's about all) so I'm trying to do what I can. I might consider doing an armor item for her instead, so if nothing else her clothes will stop getting ripped open when she gets skewered by swords and such. :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I would say we keep the SRD text. The monk isn't overpowered without having to pay for the IMHO overpriced Amulet of Mighty Fists to get an enhancement to his natural attacks.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Wow traffic drops off here during the Holiday season.

I guess that would be the established protocol then, WD? Just go with what the SRD text says? Which is fine with me. I can't see why it would cause the bonus to be lost, but that's just me.

I'll figure out what I want to do and move forward. :)

Happy Holidays to everyone and all that good stuff. :)

Qik

First Post
Yeah, I've noticed that too (traffic dropping off). :( But yeah, that's probably just the holidays (it's my first December round these parts!).

Happy Holidays, everyone!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Plus it's also final project & finals time for some of those students among us. And Skyrim is out there sapping free time across the planet...

jackslate45

First Post
Skyrim and Mass effect re-playthrough are my cool down games. Although Diablo 3 comes out before Mass effect 3, so there is also that to look forward too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases