General Discussion

Qik

First Post
Plus it's also final project & finals time for some of those students among us. And Skyrim is out there sapping free time across the planet...

How is Skyrim? I've played a lot of Morrowind (like, seriously a lot), but haven't played the new Elder Scrolls (I'm a PC gamer, and too poor to afford something that can run Skyrim).

GlassEye

Adventurer
I doubt it is that. There aren't even people posting there that have missed that the sub-forum was created. I suspect the big server slowdown leading up into the holidays has slowed things down a bit.

Although thinking about it, discussions were pretty heavy here in LPF around this time last year. Maybe if we start some discussions people will come out... I'd hate it if Morrus were monitoring this sub-forum and regretting giving it to us because of low activity.

How is Skyrim? I've played a lot of Morrowind (like, seriously a lot), but haven't played the new Elder Scrolls (I'm a PC gamer, and too poor to afford something that can run Skyrim).

I'm just a casual gamer (console); my computer couldn't handle this, either. I haven't played any of the previous Elder Scrolls so all of the world history is new to me. The openness of play is new to me and very cool. I'm just at a loss to describe any of it, really.

Qik

First Post
Hmm, well if it's the openness that you like, I would highly recommend Morrowind. I've never even bothered to "beat it" - too busy following up my own threads. If you get it for PC (very doable, since the game is 10ish years old), the modding community on its own is worth the 10 or 15 bucks the game costs these days. Can't recommend the game enough.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Although thinking about it, discussions were pretty heavy here in LPF around this time last year. Maybe if we start some discussions people will come out... I'd hate it if Morrus were monitoring this sub-forum and regretting giving it to us because of low activity.

Precisely my thought as well, good sir. I just didn't want to mention it myself.

I've been playing World of Warcrack (on a free server, highest char ever, at level 77..we're still on WotLK) and trying to play through Sakura Taisen for PS2 (on PS3), and finding the game is quite fun.

I had someone "threaten" me last night that if I went through my plans to get a copy of Windows 7 and used the bootcamp built into my Mac, they would get me the complete Guild Wars games.

I know a few people (at least one mutually with GE) that love GW, so I guess I will have to take the Nestea Plunge so I can check it out.

jkason

First Post
Random details question: I thought I recalled somewhere that E'n actually uses different names for the days of the week. Couldn't find that, so I just went for normal names in the game update I just made, but if does anyone know if I'm remembering correctly, and if so, where to find that information / where we might want to put that information?

IronWolf

blank
We can always start Ultimate Combat discussions!

Also, at one point in the Social Group we (the judges) said they weren't taking any more proposals. We could open that back up as well.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Random details question: I thought I recalled somewhere that E'n actually uses different names for the days of the week. Couldn't find that, so I just went for normal names in the game update I just made, but if does anyone know if I'm remembering correctly, and if so, where to find that information / where we might want to put that information?

I don't recall that ever coming up. Of course, that doesn't mean that it didn't come up at some point. If we did come up with that sort of information I would make a new page and link it under the History or Cosmology headings on the front page of the wiki.

GlassEye

Adventurer
We can always start Ultimate Combat discussions!

Also, at one point in the Social Group we (the judges) said they weren't taking any more proposals. We could open that back up as well.

I thought we rescinded that 'no new proposals' thing... And yes, Ultimate Combat discussion should resume! I've my eye on a couple of feats and looks like jackslate does, too.

improved Snap shot + Combat reflexes gives archers a 15' kill zone Is this legal? cause my build for Aradra has these options as feats from 7-11.

Legal as in LPF? Not at the moment. The list of stuff we've approved from Ultimate Combat is pretty small. If you want those, however, make a proposal for them, or all the feats we haven't approved yet (fighting style feats got approved a while ago), or whatever.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases