General Discussion

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Given the current timing, and the slow down for the holidays, I wonder if this might be a good time to ask if we are going to have another 'current adventures' thread? Just thought it was handy before.

IronWolf

blank
Given the current timing, and the slow down for the holidays, I wonder if this might be a good time to ask if we are going to have another 'current adventures' thread? Just thought it was handy before.

There appears to be one stickied:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ive-adventures-past-completed-adventures.html

Though it looks a little out of date.

SK created this nice Wiki page though that seems more current:

Adventures - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Weapons without the Trip Quality

Since it seems to have caused an issue in my LPF session with Perrin and I am unsure if anyone else noticed it. I figure I might as well post a note about it here just so that everyone is aware.

As of 3/15/2011, Sean K. Reynolds posted the following quote on the FAQ and updates for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook:

If you want to make a trip combat maneuver, do you have to use a weapon with the trip special feature?

No. When making a trip combat maneuver, you don't have to use a weapon with the trip special feature--you can use any weapon. For example, you can trip with a longsword or an unarmed strike, even though those weapons don't have the trip special feature.
Note that there is an advantage to using a weapon with the trip special feature (a.k.a. a "trip weapon") when making a trip combat maneuver: if your trip attack fails by 10 or more, you can drop the trip weapon instead of being knocked prone.

On a related note, you don't have to use a weapon with the disarm special feature (a.k.a. a "disarm weapon") when making a disarm combat maneuver--you can use any weapon.

Note: This is a revision of this FAQ entry based on a Paizo blog about combat maneuvers with weapons. The previous version of this FAQ stated that using a trip weapon was the only way you could apply weapon enhancement bonuses, Weapon Focus bonuses, and other such bonuses to the trip combat maneuver roll. The clarification in that blog means any weapon used to trip applies these bonuses when making a trip combat maneuver, so this FAQ was updated to omit the "only trip weapons let you apply these bonuses" limitation.

This in essence means that all previous rulings that stated that Weapons required the Trip Quality in order to utilize the Trip Combat Maneuver no longer apply as per the Core Rulebook Errata. I just thought the judges and GM's of LPF would want to know, as would probably the players.

As PM noted, you can now effectively trip with a Dagger!

jkason

First Post
Poison Help

I know this is basic, and I shouldn't be having as much trouble with it as I am, but having read through both the poison entry in afflictions and the one in the universal creature rules, I still can't figure out how this works:

save Fort DC 11; frequency 1/round for 2 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.

Okay, so 1st round the PC has to make a save. If he makes it, hurrah he's cured and doesn't suffer any harm. That much I get.

I get confused, though, if he fails that save. Does he take 1d2 Str damage that round, and have to save against suffering it again in the second round, or does he only take the Str damage if he fails BOTH round of saves?

Like I said, I'm sure folks with more experience think this is rudimentary stuff, and it probably is, but it's just not making sense to me. :(

jkason

First Post
Today is apparently my day for causing trouble. :)

I've got a player who's been missing from Distant Relations for the last two XP-granting encounters. I've already turned the split on the most recent encounter to three ways, but since it's an undercover / infiltration adventure, and since the Dunn Wright's pretty much empty, too, I'm not really in a position to replace.

This post lays out the options I've given the remaining players. I guess I just want to make sure the NPC option is kosher / doesn't raise any major objections with judges?

Thanks in advance, and I'll try to be less problematic in the future. :)

Remove ads