General Discussion

jkason

First Post
Whether games themselves move to this forum, I definitely think that the Inn and Pearl threads serve a central enough purpose that they, themselves, should be here, whether moved or started fresh. Even if we want the games to stay in Playing to attract folks, I think it's a good idea for the Inn--which is the recruitment hub--to be here. Likewise, The Pearl has a bookkeeping element to it that I think is well-served by being centralized. My 2 cents.

Qik

First Post
Whether games themselves move to this forum, I definitely think that the Inn and Pearl threads serve a central enough purpose that they, themselves, should be here, whether moved or started fresh. Even if we want the games to stay in Playing to attract folks, I think it's a good idea for the Inn--which is the recruitment hub--to be here. Likewise, The Pearl has a bookkeeping element to it that I think is well-served by being centralized. My 2 cents.

Seconded. I think having the Inn thread around (as a sticky?) would be a good way to keep tabs on the activity there.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I agree that the Inn and Pearl threads should be stickied here in the forum, and adventures - IC & OOC - should be in the main forums as they have been. The DWI and the MP serve purpose for record keeping, adventure recruitment, etc. Plus, to me it seems like this would maintain the feel of 'coming home' to the Dunn Wright and the Pearl, and 'going out' for adventures, if you see what I mean.

Walking Dad

First Post
Is it possible to have sub-forums in this forum or no? Personally, I'd prefer one-stop shopping. My vote is put everything in here.
I'm with you on this.

This is my first reaction as well. That was one nice thing about the Social Group - it was all OOC all the time. Which was sort of nice!

Plus, having our LPF threads in the main Playing the Game forum will keep us visible to folks that are new to the site and not know about the Living Worlds and such.
Uhm, L4W, LEB and the old Living ENWorld have IC in the subforum and no dedicated OOC forum for every. I'm not sure this isn't some kind of board policy.

And it works so far for me. I'm playing in all of them. Standard OOC questions can be decided in a short spoilerblock and bigger ones have to be discussed with the judges in general anyway.

That said, I highly suggest using the sticky part of the sub-forum for the Inn and for the Pearl.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Agreed. Though if we wanted to provide a "quick path" to the active adventures, we could do an 'Active Adventures' and a 'Past Adventures' link thread with the adventures named and a link to the first page, for those who might be browsing the subforum instead of the PTG thread. That way when adventures are completed, the link can be moved to the Past thread, and when the adventure itself meets deletion, then that thread link can also be removed.

Just a thought. Not bad for a guy with one heck of a cold, right? I can still get a thought.

Qik

First Post
Agreed. Though if we wanted to provide a "quick path" to the active adventures, we could do an 'Active Adventures' and a 'Past Adventures' link thread with the adventures named and a link to the first page, for those who might be browsing the subforum instead of the PTG thread. That way when adventures are completed, the link can be moved to the Past thread, and when the adventure itself meets deletion, then that thread link can also be removed.

Just a thought. Not bad for a guy with one heck of a cold, right? I can still get a thought.

I think this idea is mighty fine.

Satin Knights

First Post
I like that idea too. I started something similar on the wiki with a Roll Call listing active games and which characters are in them. Once the page is all fleshed out, it should have active games, finished games, characters lost in limbo, those checked into the retirement home, and those checked into the cemetery. It should make it a little easier to find who is where and also be editable by anyone. The forum threads require slight planning to have the judge account start sticky threads. I am advocating both, and hoping they stay somewhat in sync. So, one thread or two? I think one with a top half for active and bottom half for finished in the first post works.

IronWolf

blank
I like that idea too. I started something similar on the wiki with a Roll Call listing active games and which characters are in them. Once the page is all fleshed out, it should have active games, finished games, characters lost in limbo, those checked into the retirement home, and those checked into the cemetery. It should make it a little easier to find who is where and also be editable by anyone. The forum threads require slight planning to have the judge account start sticky threads. I am advocating both, and hoping they stay somewhat in sync. So, one thread or two? I think one with a top half for active and bottom half for finished in the first post works.

I think a forum thread linking to current and past adventures is a good idea. I would go with just one thread. I think we'll end up with several stickied threads as time goes on here, so trying to minimize the number out of the gate is a good thing to keep the first page here from being 3/4 stickied thread. So one thread, top half for active and bottom for finished adventures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases