General Discussion

Satin Knights

First Post
OK, I will switch accounts and start that thread. I can add the info to the thread and wiki page at the same time. Now, the hard part will be hunting down all the threads. The Current Occupants thread gives me a good start.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OK, I will switch accounts and start that thread. I can add the info to the thread and wiki page at the same time. Now, the hard part will be hunting down all the threads. The Current Occupants thread gives me a good start.

We already have an Adventure Tracking page, with links to all of our current and past adventures that you could pull for the Roll Call page. Or you could use the Living Pathfinder prefix sort to just bring up LPF threads to get those links. Your Roll Call page is certainly prettier and includes more character information. I'm not pooh-poohing it; I really like the ideas that have come up. I'm just concerned that, in practice, these sorts of threads won't stay updated.

Living PF Judge

First Post
That I, as a judge, skimmed right by and missed that tracking page shows that we should keep the list in more than one place. I don't expect that we will be able to keep the lists up to date, but the ability to find the list easily for a newbie is the key. It doesn't have to be a perfect list, just a "hey we are active over here!!!" I think Still Waters should be added to the tracking page.

The Roll Call page is more of keeping track of which players are active, and where they are. Most of the activity on the page will be checkins to the DWI if people do update the page. I would guess about one third of our characters on the wiki are idle and abandoned. I haven't got that far to count yet.

And I was bored, but didn't want to veg out in front of the TV. (about half done with the new thread and Roll call page)
-Satin Knights

Satin Knights

First Post
OK. I have created the thread from the judge's account. I did not see a way to make it sticky, so Ironwolf or Mowgli can do that if what I wrote was worthy. I tried to make it an "all in one" introduction.

Next, grocery shopping, dinner and then back to the roll call page. :p

jkason

First Post
I tried to figure out how to update the character templates so we could do an auto-updating chart like L4W has. It seemed like it shouldn't be that difficult to just create a template for the small piece of info we need (basically the current first block, plus a location and a player, probably), but I got myself hopelessly confused just trying to make a simple block template. :(

IronWolf

blank
It sounds like people are leaning towards having the DWI and Pearl threads also moved to this forum and stickied as well? Is that accurate? Let's get some yay's and nay's and if people want that I can ping Umbran to move those two threads for us.

Satin Knights

First Post
I have been modifying other people's code for 20 years. Just point me at an example of what you want for the block and I will see what I can do later tonight.

Edit: YES for moving DWI and Mystic Pearl here to be stickied.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just wanted to say right out front that I think Ironwolf and Satin Knights rock for getting this forum and doing so much work on these threads and the wiki. I'd give you both xp but, of course, I gotta spread some around first...

And, YES for moving the DWI and the Pearl threads here with stickies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases